Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 11-13-2017, 2:55 PM

Default Today's FFL DES Bulletin (Glock gen 4's 5's 43)

Every time I get super paranoid I'm not doing things good enough see memos like that and think:

Just how many clueless dealers have been just DROSing these things that DOJ needs to put out a memo???
Old 11-13-2017, 5:12 PM
1/2 BANNED
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

YEP
Old 11-13-2017, 5:27 PM
Calguns Addict

There are FFL only forums (non-public). Read some of the posts and you won't wonder any more.

While it would not go over well, I have often wondered if a test being required would help reduce some of the issues with FFLs, but then again it would be a government test, so ...

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-14-2017, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member

I could see them screwing up on the Gen4/Gen5, but how would they think the 43 was on roster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?
Old 11-14-2017, 12:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I could see them screwing up on the Gen4/Gen5, but how would they think the 43 was on roster?
All Glocks look the same, plus 43, 34, both have a 3 and both have a 4, so what's the difference? :-)

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 11-14-2017, 1:03 PM
Calguns Addict

One thing that is interesting is that it seems that they removed the previous bulletin and posted a modified version with 42 added, as well as "handguns" added. Perhaps they don't want people to get confused with a shovel.

I have to wonder why they don't just say that the FFL has to ensure that the firearm being transferred is the exact model on the certified list and provide the link.

I have to wonder how anyone is doing a dealer sale of firearms not on the certified list.

Old 11-14-2017, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
All Glocks look the same, plus 43, 34, both have a 3 and both have a 4, so what's the difference? :-)
Quote:
I have to wonder how anyone is doing a dealer sale of firearms not on the certified list.
Maybe they are playing the dyslexic card:
Glock 34 5.3inch barrel
Glock 43 3.5inch barrel

The DOJ roster list is garbage. Each firearm should have a link with 4 clear pictures showing all parts so you can make sure its on the list. (like they are requiring for registration. Since they have all them there it should be easy right?
Old 11-14-2017, 2:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONECUTTER View Post
The DOJ roster list is garbage. Each firearm should have a link with 4 clear pictures showing all parts so you can make sure its on the list. (like they are requiring for registration. Since they have all them there it should be easy right?
Yep. I would be happy with more information, but photos would also be very good. Rugers are annoying since they use the model number, not the name. This means that you can't use what is on the firearm to match with what is on the list.

Then again, with a lack of info it should be harder for them to go after a FFL if a mistake is made (not that it would stop them, but if it got before a jury you might have a better chance).

Old 11-17-2017, 7:08 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yep. I would be happy with more information, but photos would also be very good. Rugers are annoying since they use the model number, not the name. This means that you can't use what is on the firearm to match with what is on the list.

Then again, with a lack of info it should be harder for them to go after a FFL if a mistake is made (not that it would stop them, but if it got before a jury you might have a better chance).
and CZ has both listed, so a used gun without a box is hard to dealer transfer (because the free state version with 15rd mags or whatever has a different number, even though the gun itself is identical)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?