Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 02-13-2018, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishootforblood View Post
Bolt action home defense? Tactical gizmos fastened, bolted, glued and taped on a bolt action rifle? Maybe a laser, quad rail, or a big-o light? Don't forget QD sling attachment points all around, and a few hand-stops and vertical pistol grips. Yea, that's what it needs. Hmmm?

I was thinking more down the lines of a nice Walnut stock. Different strokes (I suppose).
I would like a walnut stock too for RAR. Actually my main preference is wood a day steel. I have a budding mil-surp collection that started with a Finnish M39 with a recent down payment on a Enfield 1917.

Also I am highly offended that you would think I would use a quad rail. I, as a tacticool guy, knows M-LOK is where it's at. Though apparently not tacticool to use a Kel-Tec or Mini-14 but that's another story.
Old 02-13-2018, 3:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusuke Komiya View Post
Also I am highly offended that you would think I would use a quad rail. I, as a tacticool guy, knows M-LOK is where it's at. Though apparently not tacticool to use a Kel-Tec or Mini-14 but that's another story.
Yup certain things absolutely won't work for HD. Like Keymod or God forbid a standard non-free-floating plastic handguard and D-RING (barf). SU-16's are so light they feel handy, but look too in-between some milsurp and something hi-tech... some guys wouldn't be caught dead practicing with something like that. I know lots of new shooters who would rather have a Bullet Button than something more functional that doesn't look like COD. I've showed kids pics of featureless AR's when they ask what they can do to comply... and they say, "Not for me! (I'm too cool to rock something that looks like that)!" A mini-14 for HD?? No way those will work 3-10 yards away in the house! They can't even make a .5" group at 100.
Old 02-13-2018, 7:06 PM

I just wanted something that could take AR-15 magazines that wasn't Kel-Tec which pretty much narrows my down my choices.

If Ruger makes a wood stock for this I hope it comes with good checkering instead of... Whatever the hell design they have on the plastic stock.
Old 02-14-2018, 7:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusuke Komiya View Post
If Ruger makes a wood stock for this I hope it comes with good checkering instead of... Whatever the hell design they have on the plastic stock.
Manufacturers learned how to do good textures - at least for good grip. My Synthetic Mossberg, S&W, Ruger, Glocks, Walther, etc... all have great grip on the new designs. Do they LOOK awesome? I dunno, subjective. Maybe my old Mini-14 synthtic wasn't too grippy... I think the butler Creeks were better.

The Mossberg checkering on synthetic is almost painful, and I like sandpaper.
Old 02-18-2018, 1:01 PM

https://youtu.be/35a8aPlYuEk

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk