Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated > Semiauto Rifles Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Semiauto Rifles Gallery Post pictures of your rifles and carbines here!

Old 11-08-2012, 9:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada86 View Post
I've used the Banshee before and it's a well built carrier. Finding one in stock is another issue, but I have a source if you are interested in one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
http://www.skdtac.com/Shellback-Bans...-p/shb.125.htm

If you can order it, it's in stock...

I have the Banshee. No plates yet as you can see a few posts up. I haven't finished putting it together but it's construction is top notch. It's very comfortable. Lots of adjustment. It does exactly what it's built to do.
i have one as well. very well built many options for how you want to set it up.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-08-2012, 8:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschoelles View Post
GOTA GET Some of those HSGI pouches, but the price is slowing me down. If you have a good supplier, let us know.
if you are looking for pouches to hold your 30rd ar mags that are open top also look at http://www.skdtac.com/Emdom-Immediat...-p/e2m.116.htm

i have one of those and one taco pouch on my belt that im figuring out which one i like better. They both hold the magazine fantastic for running and jumping. I took my belt of and thrashed it against my bed and shook it all around tog et a mag to come out and neither did, they loosened up but didnt fall out I like the HSGI more due to its ability to take an ak mag, which im building one know so to have mag pouches ready to take an ak or AR mag is just damn handy.
D1.1 1F/G, 2F/G, 3F/G unlimited range, Steel SMAW
I can make custom shooting targets and paracord accesories. PM me.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:15 AM

Really nice!!! All of them... Ofter seen all this good looking rifles I think I'm going yo build my first rifle... Ps rigs looks good too .
Old 11-10-2012, 8:15 PM
Calguns Addict

http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-UCR-Univer...-p/pig.667.htm

Pretty good deal for a cover all chest rig. ordered one for myself so i have something that i can run AK or Ar with. should be here next week so pictures will follow
Old 11-12-2012, 6:32 AM

Ounces = Pounds, Pounds = Pain

Old 11-15-2012, 5:11 AM
Veteran Member

Here is how my plate carrier currently sits... Not finished, as I still need plates.

I'm also wanting to put on an IFAK but everything I have is too bulky, so I'll need to explore something smaller. Mag pouches might be changed out for something that can carry pistol mags + rifle mags. But I'm trying to keep it low profile and light weight (high speed, low drag)...

Old 11-15-2012, 12:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Here is how my plate carrier currently sits... Not finished, as I still need plates.

I'm also wanting to put on an IFAK but everything I have is too bulky, so I'll need to explore something smaller. Mag pouches might be changed out for something that can carry pistol mags + rifle mags. But I'm trying to keep it low profile and light weight (high speed, low drag)...

there mag pouches that also have pistol mag pouches attached.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
contact the governor
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-15-2012, 2:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
there mag pouches that also have pistol mag pouches attached.
What you are making reference to are called kangaroo pouches.
Old 11-15-2012, 6:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3223 View Post
What you are making reference to are called kangaroo pouches.
Yes, I know. Also called "double decker TACO's" (from HSGI).

The mag pouch I'm using at the moment is custom made from Strike Hard Gear. Exactly what I was wanting, but that was before I considered adding pistol mags to my carrier.

Unfortunately HSGI TACO's are the only non-custom made option I currently known of for the AK platform.
Old 11-15-2012, 6:58 PM

Quote:
I'm also wanting to put on an IFAK but everything I have is too bulky
http://lbtinc.com/modular-small-blow...t-pouch-1.html

its pricy but its one of the lowest profile IFAKs out there
Old 11-15-2012, 7:49 PM
Banned

Best IFAK you can get: http://www.condoroutdoor.com/ma41rip-awayemtpouch.aspx

It can hold a ridiculous amount of stuff and the rip away feature is great. Had it in Afghanistan and now it's filled with everything you would encounter on a hiking/backpacking trip up to GSWs and trauma. Detached it sits in the trunk of my car and when I go camping or hiking I simply attach it to the velcro base that's MOLLE'd on my bag.

Inexpensive and can fit a lot of stuff in a small package. Also folds out to three sections so you see virtually everything packed in the kit.
Old 11-15-2012, 8:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yes, I know. Also called "double decker TACO's" (from HSGI).

The mag pouch I'm using at the moment is custom made from Strike Hard Gear. Exactly what I was wanting, but that was before I considered adding pistol mags to my carrier.

Unfortunately HSGI TACO's are the only non-custom made option I currently known of for the AK platform.
soe, originalsoe.com makes mag pouches for the AK that have molle on the ext, so you can add pistol pouches onto it. but i havent seen any stand alone AK+pistol pouches. or buy a kangaroo pouch mag system http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/KP1-BK than just buy some stand alone pistol pouches to the cumberbund flap, assuming your cumberbund flap has the capability.

Last edited by xibunkrlilkidsx; 11-15-2012 at 8:57 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xibunkrlilkidsx View Post
soe, originalsoe.com makes mag pouches for the AK that have molle on the ext, so you can add pistol pouches onto it. but i havent seen any stand alone AK+pistol pouches. or buy a kangaroo pouch mag system http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/KP1-BK than just buy some stand alone pistol pouches to the cumberbund flap, assuming your cumberbund flap has the capability.

For the time being, pistol mags will only be on my war belt. But if I don't find a "kangaroo" type solution, I'll simply add dedicated pistol mag pouches to the cummerbund as there is MOLLE all away around and on both sides (inside & out).

I like the HSGI Taco's, both dedicated rifle & pistol regulars and their double deckers, but to outfit my carrier and my belt with Taco's, it'd quite literally take an entire paycheck.

@ Scuba Steve33; Happy to know you like them, but I personally don't. I have two of them. One is being used by father to hold an e-tool because it's about the perfect size. The second is sitting in a bag unused. Yes, the rip away feature is nice and it can indeed fit a lot of crap, but it's too damn bulky. Also I've replaced all my Condor/Voodoo gear. I still have it, but it's not being used because the quality is hit or miss, and I prefer spending a bit more to help support USA made tactical gear companies, several of which are right here in California (BDS-Tactical, 762Tactical, etc).
Old 11-16-2012, 7:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
@ Scuba Steve33; Happy to know you like them, but I personally don't. I have two of them. One is being used by father to hold an e-tool because it's about the perfect size. The second is sitting in a bag unused. Yes, the rip away feature is nice and it can indeed fit a lot of crap, but it's too damn bulky. Also I've replaced all my Condor/Voodoo gear. I still have it, but it's not being used because the quality is hit or miss, and I prefer spending a bit more to help support USA made tactical gear companies, several of which are right here in California (BDS-Tactical, 762Tactical, etc).
My understanding (and experience) is that Condor's name has been redeemed in recent years. I know they had quality issues but all of the gear I have had of theirs has been used pretty hard with no issues. As you said the pouch is large but if you don't have a ton of stuff in it it can be cinched down with the buckle. With the Army's plate carriers (if you didn't have a chest rack) the issued IFAK needed to be mounted on one of the side plates in order to access it. With the rip away it could go on your back and was easy to rip off.

My use for it now (backpacking/hiking/camping) is perfect because I have it twice as full as I did in the Army and attached to my bag. If it was that large on a kit it would be pretty bulky, even attached to the back but I have a ton of stuff crammed into it (even a full SAM splint lol). I'm not trying to convince you otherwise or anything, just saying my experience with it has been great.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
For the time being, pistol mags will only be on my war belt. But if I don't find a "kangaroo" type solution, I'll simply add dedicated pistol mag pouches to the cummerbund as there is MOLLE all away around and on both sides (inside & out).

I like the HSGI Taco's, both dedicated rifle & pistol regulars and their double deckers, but to outfit my carrier and my belt with Taco's, it'd quite literally take an entire paycheck.
Running pistol mag pouches Kangaroo style (attached to front of Rifle mag pouches), is too bulky IMO.

I would run the pistol mag pouches on a warbelt. Have you considered Blue Force Gear Ten Speed pouches? I hear good things about them.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Running pistol mag pouches Kangaroo style (attached to front of Rifle mag pouches), is too bulky IMO.

I would run the pistol mag pouches on a warbelt. Have you considered Blue Force Gear Ten Speed pouches? I hear good things about them.
Yeah, I agree... Besides weight, that's the reason I wanted and went with a rifle mag pouch that only holds 3 mags. That's also the reason I'm looking for a lower profile IFAK than what I've currently got.

I also don't want anything on my back to allow easier/more comfortable use of a pack or hydration system. I intend to stay low profile and light weight.

Last edited by TacticalPlinker; 11-17-2012 at 3:39 PM..
Old 11-18-2012, 5:32 PM
Calguns Addict

All this talk and no pictures. Lets see some more setups!

SAPI plates
Level IIIa backers
No side plates (tried them, too bulky for my needs)
Ifak contains another CAT, Israeli bandage, shears, gloves, tape, nasal airway, H&H compressed gauze. On the back is a double BFG ten-speed (pre-helium whisper) that you cant see.

Everything else is pretty self-explanatory.

Last edited by tomd1584; 11-18-2012 at 5:35 PM..
Old 11-19-2012, 6:34 PM

I gotta say this is a great thread and has me re-thinking my whole set up. I was more into disaster survival mode and had my rig set up for 3 day survival. Seems I need to have a separate rig set up for lighter weight, maneuverability, combat set up, etc... keeping everything modular. Thanks for sharing the pics and advise.
Old 11-20-2012, 1:10 PM

FYI i have a like new eagle ciras in coyote for sale $400 pm me
Old 11-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member

Going to be ordering the banshee plate carrier from SKDTAC maybe sometime next month. Would like to have a pistol holster setup across the chest but don't have any experience. It's for my Springfield XD 4".

G-Code OSH looks great and is priced right, but I'm not sure which attachments and accessories I'll need to purchase. Can anyone with experience help me out?
Old 11-30-2012, 1:42 PM

Plate carrier did not survive when I stepped on an IED...

OEF-Sangin District, Helmand
15th MEU
31st MEU
11th MEU

Last edited by Brownman0311; 11-30-2012 at 1:47 PM..
Old 12-01-2012, 4:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownman0311 View Post
Sold kit Marine.

How exactly did your PC not survive but you did? Do you still have your legs?
Old 12-01-2012, 6:06 PM

just gettin started with mine...woulda had all my TACOs but there was only one left in my flavor...the other 2 are en route...

banshee pc
hsgi taco x2r
tacticool tailor admin
leatherman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-11-29_20-36-51_634.jpg (95.7 KB, 301 views)
Old 12-02-2012, 1:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtech View Post
just gettin started with mine...woulda had all my TACOs but there was only one left in my flavor...the other 2 are en route...

banshee pc
hsgi taco x2r
tacticool tailor admin
leatherman
Nice. How do you like those Taco's on the Banshee and with AK mags? Why is your floor plate on the mags not properly seated?
Old 12-02-2012, 1:40 PM

i just picked em up at the last gunshow as kits and just kinda tossed em in for a pic and to see how they fit while wearing it (if the admin pouch gets in the way etc...if it got in the way it would have to go) but just playing commando in my house the tacos hold the mags great and with no adjustment they hold my pmags and GI mags for the ar just as well...so far im sold on em, i dont like dealing with flaps and straps and velco to get to my reload...once the rest of the pieces come in i'll post an updated pic
Old 12-02-2012, 7:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
i just picked em up at the last gunshow as kits and just kinda tossed em in for a pic and to see how they fit while wearing it (if the admin pouch gets in the way etc...if it got in the way it would have to go) but just playing commando in my house the tacos hold the mags great and with no adjustment they hold my pmags and GI mags for the ar just as well...so far im sold on em, i dont like dealing with flaps and straps and velco to get to my reload...once the rest of the pieces come in i'll post an updated pic
I put a similar sized TT general purpose pouch above my mags. I was hitting it pulling out my mags, so I removed it. I also tried a few other things I have, but I like it better empty above the mags.

I was also hitting pouch I put on my right side without my pistol as I draw it from my belt. So I stripped down my belt today and I stripped down my carrier today because I'm going to invest in Taco's. I have plans for an AR build soon and I'd like to use the same carrier + pouches regardless of what rifle I'm running.

Overall, I'm just not happy with the placement of pouches and such. I'm trying to remain light weight, low profile, and without bulk in case I need to crawl or otherwise hit the dirt. Too many people run too much crap on their rigs.

I will get some pictures up after I put more thought into and get some use out of my setup.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljon View Post
Going to be ordering the banshee plate carrier from SKDTAC maybe sometime next month. Would like to have a pistol holster setup across the chest but don't have any experience. It's for my Springfield XD 4".

G-Code OSH looks great and is priced right, but I'm not sure which attachments and accessories I'll need to purchase. Can anyone with experience help me out?
Have you considered a Safariland ALS holster mounted in this fashion?

NOTE: Not my picture. Not my gear. Stolen from another forum for educational purposes.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:23 PM

Once my pc is done ill be doin my belt...trying to keep it as simple as i can...pc = rifle support, belt equals pistol...agree im trying to keep mine as light and low pro as i can as well...and thats the same reason i went with tacos so i can swap mags and im gtg for my other rifles

[/B][/B]
Quote:
I put a similar sized TT general purpose pouch above my mags. I was hitting it pulling out my mags, so I removed it. I also tried a few other things I have, but I like it better empty above the mags.

I was also hitting pouch I put h my right side without my pistol as I draw it from my belt. So I stripped down my belt today and I stripped down my carrier today because I'm going to invest in Taco's. I have plans for an AR build soon and I'd like to use the same carrier + pouches regardless of what rifle I'm running.

Overall, I'm just not happy with the placement of pouches and such. I'm trying to remain light weight, low profile, and without bulk in case I need to crawl or otherwise hit the dirt. Too many people run too much crap on their rigs.

I will get some pictures up after I put more thought into and get some use out of my setup.
Old 12-04-2012, 5:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Once my pc is done ill be doin my belt...trying to keep it as simple as i can...pc = rifle support, belt equals pistol...agree im trying to keep mine as light and low pro as i can as well...and thats the same reason i went with tacos so i can swap mags and im gtg for my other rifles

[/B][/B]
In your picture, are those 30 or 40 round mags? Are they seated all the way down inside the Taco? They seem to be sticking out really far and don't appear to be very secure.

I'm also going for the same objective. PC is strictly rifle support, belt is pistol dedicated. IFAK's on both. But that's really about it. I'm keeping it minimal. My hydration and gear will be carried in a pack of some type, I'm looking at this... http://www.skdtac.com/Tactical-Tailo...-p/ttr.128.htm

Last edited by TacticalPlinker; 12-04-2012 at 5:27 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 12:10 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Old 12-05-2012, 12:01 PM

That was 40s in the back and 30s up front (all my tacos are here n mounted now)...and youre right, the 40s are very floppy, def wont be running those in the pc...my pmags fit a lil tighter to your body than the 30s but not a big difference. And getting nice and low prone with either

Im not sure if i want indepent ifak for belt and pc...ill def have a tq on the pc at a minimum if i go belt ifak...also not sure i want hydration pc mounted or not...i like the convenience but gear front and back will start makin it thick/heavier than it has to be.

Well see what i end up after a buncha use, figure out what suits me best
Old 12-07-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
I'm also going for the same objective. PC is strictly rifle support, belt is pistol dedicated.
That's what I was planning.
I got a TAG Banshee PC in ranger green and have some molle pouches on order so once I get those I'll post a pic of my set up.
Also I plan to get the HSGI Sure Grip Belt in smoke green color. Anyone with any suggestions on a holsters for my CZ SP-01 to go with it?
Old 12-08-2012, 8:22 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchow17 View Post
That's what I was planning.
I got a TAG Banshee PC in ranger green and have some molle pouches on order so once I get those I'll post a pic of my set up.
Also I plan to get the HSGI Sure Grip Belt in smoke green color. Anyone with any suggestions on a holsters for my CZ SP-01 to go with it?
you'll like the Banshee. great PC.

Quote:
I'm also going for the same objective. PC is strictly rifle support, belt is pistol dedicated.
agreed. my PC and my old IBA is rifle only except magazines. i have a drop leg for my pistol.

contact the governor
NRA Life Member.

Last edited by chris; 12-08-2012 at 8:30 AM..
Old 12-13-2012, 7:11 AM

Quote:

Have you considered D.A.R.K. Complete Kit
http://www.shop.darkangelmedical.com...en-01-0007.htm

its a bout a size of the filled double M4 pouch. you can but with med kit already built in or just the pouch and fill in yourself. I have one and did my own kit.
1880-1956
Old 12-13-2012, 12:43 PM

The banshee is a great carrier. Though I haven't used the one pictured, selling it, I am impressed with the build quality of the TAG products. Before I decided to sell it I did put it on and adjust every thing, and its very comfortable.

Last edited by AC89; 12-13-2012 at 4:04 PM.. Reason: Fixed the pic
Old 12-13-2012, 4:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Here's mine, condor with quick release. Has level 3 plates from thetargetman.com. Don't mind the airsoft badges.
This thing is bulky. Originally intended for some carbine courses but mobility may be lacking for me. The StracFast mag for mags works really well, but adds to bulkiness.

Old 12-13-2012, 4:24 PM

Quote:

Have you seen tactical Medical Solutions? If your interested let me know. I am a dealer for them and always help out cal gunners. It is a med pouch and mag pouch at the same time.

https://www.tacmedsolutions.com/stor...?ProductID=196

Sent from my IPad so... Ease off the spelling

DarkSkySolutions.com
Old 12-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCrazyJ View Post
Have you seen tactical Medical Solutions? If your interested let me know. I am a dealer for them and always help out cal gunners. It is a med pouch and mag pouch at the same time.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/14/azaqynu2.jpg
I like TacMed, I have a few things they make. The SOFTT-W TQ is a beast... But that pouch empty is $85 and it's for an AR platform, I run an AK. But I like the idea. I might pursue having something custom made depending on price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoni77 View Post
Have you considered D.A.R.K. Complete Kit
http://www.shop.darkangelmedical.com...en-01-0007.htm

its a bout a size of the filled double M4 pouch. you can but with med kit already built in or just the pouch and fill in yourself. I have one and did my own kit.
Yep. I've seen those. But it's basically what I already have. I will probably be buying another HSGI bleeder pouch for my carrier (to go along with the one on my belt). I'm content with only basic IFAK supplies. I'll keep a stocked IFAK with enough gear to handle more advanced care and two operators, in my "assault bag" (backpack).

I also have an ATS medical insert, which I might pursue instead of the HSGI bleeder, I just need to pick up a pouch for it and see if it will suit my needs.
Old 12-20-2012, 6:32 PM

Been used to a Point Blank IOTV, but wanted something a bit lighter and more user friendly. My First Spear Strandhögg SAPI cut plate carrier arrived last week. Incredibly comfortable! No complaints so far, except for the perception that the 6/12 system might be fragile in the long run, but it works as described, and is certainly easy to use. Side plates, new IFAK pouch, and Camelbak Armorbak will arrive in a few days.

Old 12-20-2012, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sky Solutions View Post

Sent from my IPad so... Ease off the spelling
These look pretty sweet...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ