Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-13-2012, 3:07 PM
Banned

Default Turner ammo price

I am going to LA next month and was wondering how much are the ammo price of 5.56/223 and .40 ammo? Turners is like the Bass Pro Shop down south but better prices right? Thanks!
Old 03-13-2012, 3:52 PM
Veteran Member

Kinda steep in my opinion.

Just go to wal mart. Turner's is usually 1/2$ more expensive per box unless they're having a sale or special.
"Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."
Old 03-13-2012, 3:55 PM

I think you would find a better deal at a gun show. I like Miwall reloads, they have worked fine for me. http://www.gunshows-usa.com/california.htm
Old 03-13-2012, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760knox View Post
I think you would find a better deal at a gun show. I like Miwall reloads, they have worked fine for me. http://www.gunshows-usa.com/california.htm
It's true that gun shows have better deals, but don't forget to factor in the admission cost. Unless you plan on buying other items, I would suggest you walk right into Walmart. However, not every Walmart sells "hunting" supplies, so check online before you make a trip.
Old 03-13-2012, 4:15 PM
Banned

Thanks! I will just drop by to window shop and check out the store.
Old 03-13-2012, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlsadvc8 View Post
It's true that gun shows have better deals, but don't forget to factor in the admission cost. Unless you plan on buying other items, I would suggest you walk right into Walmart. However, not every Walmart sells "hunting" supplies, so check online before you make a trip.

Bah, I never include cost of admission or parking when thinking of buying goods at a gun show.

I mean, when you purchase ammo or goods online, do you count the cost of your internet? Or maybe the cost of your computer? Because you need both to order.

Besides, even with the added cost of parking/admission, you don't have to worry about if a Walmart that sells ammo actually has any instock or if they do, they only have like 1 or 2 boxes because some one else came over and bought it all.

There are some good deals online. You can find some places that give a really good deal on shipping or even free shipping when buying a certain amount.

- I believe in Safety ALWAYS. Bad things happen if you only do it first...
Old 03-13-2012, 5:00 PM
Veteran Member

Mmm, well I don't buy either of those two calibers you mentioned, op, but they do usually sell ammo at retail price unless it's on sale so definitely check out their weekly ads that tend to be put up on Thursdays(prices effective the day after). They do carry LAX reloads, though. Wish I could remember their .40 s&w prices but should be the cheapest ammo they carry.
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Old 03-13-2012, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaneRZ View Post
I am going to LA next month and was wondering how much are the ammo price of 5.56/223 and .40 ammo? Turners is like the Bass Pro Shop down south but better prices right? Thanks!

Ammo brothers in Cerritos has a box of 20 American Eagle 5.56 62gr. green tip for $7.50. They also have reloads as well IIRC.
http://ammobros.com/

Turners ammo prices are high except for the sale items.
right now neither of those ammos are on sale at turners.
Old 03-13-2012, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4alex View Post
I mean, when you purchase ammo or goods online, do you count the cost of your internet? Or maybe the cost of your computer? Because you need both to order.

Besides, even with the added cost of parking/admission, you don't have to worry about if a Walmart that sells ammo actually has any instock or if they do, they only have like 1 or 2 boxes because some one else came over and bought it all.

There are some good deals online. You can find some places that give a really good deal on shipping or even free shipping when buying a certain amount.
While I do agree with you that ultimately online is the best way to go, I don't agree with including internet and computer costs as I would have both regardless of ammo purchase. I guess the same can be argued about going to a gun show if you were really going there for other purposes beside ammo.

OP, try www.gun-deals.com. You can look for great deals online and enter your zip to calculate shipping, as well as sort by cost per round.

Last edited by dvlsadvc8; 03-13-2012 at 9:39 PM..
Old 03-13-2012, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Mmm, well I don't buy either of those two calibers you mentioned, op, but they do usually sell ammo at retail price unless it's on sale so definitely check out their weekly ads that tend to be put up on Thursdays(prices effective the day after). They do carry LAX reloads, though. Wish I could remember their .40 s&w prices but should be the cheapest ammo they carry.
If you are going to be in LA you can always go to LAX Range to get their reloads directly.

http://laxrange.com/index.php/firing-range-price-list/
Old 03-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Banned

Nice. 250 for 1k .40 not too bad.