Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 5:43 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!
Default Frequent Off The Hook Special Issue

So three different times at two different stores I've gone in on Wednesday for an Off The Hook Special when the store has no inventory.

It was a disappointment the first time... a little frustrating the second time... now today it's totally annoying!

Norwalk didnt have any of the TruGlo RDS in todays sale... Rich (store mngr) said they show inventory - but often times the stores dont receive the items in time... WTH??? Why not wait until the stores are properly stocked, then run the ad? It makes no sense to keep running ads and having the stores with no product.

And I'm not saying they sold out... they didnt get shipment.

I almost always buy additional items when I'm in there (ammo usually, or other incidental like cleaning supplies) - but when the item on sale is not in stock I'm just frustrated and not interested in buying anything else... usually I've gone out of my way and taken time off work since the sale is one day only...

I hope whoever is in charge of these ads and supplying the stores - gets it together.
Old 12-01-2011, 8:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
So three different times at two different stores I've gone in on Wednesday for an Off The Hook Special when the store has no inventory.

It was a disappointment the first time... a little frustrating the second time... now today it's totally annoying!

Norwalk didnt have any of the TruGlo RDS in todays sale... Rich (store mngr) said they show inventory - but often times the stores dont receive the items in time... WTH??? Why not wait until the stores are properly stocked, then run the ad? It makes no sense to keep running ads and having the stores with no product.

And I'm not saying they sold out... they didnt get shipment.

I almost always buy additional items when I'm in there (ammo usually, or other incidental like cleaning supplies) - but when the item on sale is not in stock I'm just frustrated and not interested in buying anything else... usually I've gone out of my way and taken time off work since the sale is one day only...

I hope whoever is in charge of these ads and supplying the stores - gets it together.
I believe those sights did sell out on black Friday; I know, I was there asking about one and they only had a display model left (which I didn't want). I was there on tuesday and they still didn't have any on the wall...Stinks.

Before mods, and other goodies...
Old 12-01-2011, 9:17 AM

We have Turner's around the corner from me. Aside from not stocking the items [can't comment on thet]..I've found I have to get there before noon to get the deals.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
I believe those sights did sell out on black Friday; I know, I was there asking about one and they only had a display model left (which I didn't want). I was there on tuesday and they still didn't have any on the wall...Stinks.
There are two 30mm truglo rds in the holiday catelog - this one is the 8030 - normally 79 on sale for 49 - was 39 in the one day only off the hook special... I don't know if the 8030 is the one they had black Friday - but I can assure you norwalk did not receive inventory for the wed "off the hook special"

Unfortunately it happens frequently (at least at norwalk & signal hill)... I know its not the stores' fault... but whoever is in charge of promoting the "one day only" sales should be sure all the stores have inventory.

As it turns out - norwalk got their shipment today... so anyone that got a raincheck can still get the sale price... but relying on rain checks is not the solution.

As I stated prior - this has happened multiple times and even the store manager admits its an issue. My reason for posting is simply to state my frustration and hopefully turners finds a way to make sure inventory is in stores before promoting one day only sales.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:26 AM

I've had this same issue at the Reseda location maybe like 3 times now. I agree, what's the point of running the ad if all the stores won't be stocked with items listed on sale?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
There are two 30mm truglo rds in the holiday catelog - this one is the 8030 - normally 79 on sale for 49 - was 39 in the one day only off the hook special... I don't know if the 8030 is the one they had black Friday - but I can assure you norwalk did not receive inventory for the wed "off the hook special"
Unfortunately it happens frequently (at least at norwalk & signal hill)... I know its not the stores' fault... but whoever is in charge of promoting the "one day only" sales should be sure all the stores have inventory.

As it turns out - norwalk got their shipment today... so anyone that got a raincheck can still get the sale price... but relying on rain checks is not the solution.

As I stated prior - this has happened multiple times and even the store manager admits its an issue. My reason for posting is simply to state my frustration and hopefully turners finds a way to make sure inventory is in stores before promoting one day only sales.
OK, now I'm frustrated with you...lol I didn't get the off the hook special sent to me, so I may have missed out on that price..dammit! I jus the the part no, but I'm sure were are speaking about the same; #106977

Last edited by Mac7504; 12-01-2011 at 2:10 PM..
Old 12-01-2011, 1:44 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Mike-

Off-the-Hook specials are generally items that a) are either in stock in the stores itself or b) items that may or may not be in a given store but are available in our warehouse for the stores to order.

These items are chosen two weeks in advance in order to give the stores ample chance to have them prior to the ad break. That lead-time can also be a double-edged sword in that a store may have stock on-hand at the time, than sell some prior to the ad break date two weeks later and have little to none in at the time the ad breaks.

Some (but not all stores) will have two chances to order these items but stores that have a Thursday delivery (like Norwalk) only have one shot.

We'll take a look at this and see where the breakdown is occurring. Thanks for bringing it up.

22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 12-01-2011, 1:46 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
OK, now I'm frustrated with you...lol I didn't get the off the hook special sent to me, so I may have missed out on that price..dammit! I jus thave the part no, but I'm sure were are speaking about the same; #106977
Not sure why you're frustrated with me...

I'm pretty sure the 8030 (the one on wed special) is item #37416 in the holiday flyer/catalog
Old 12-01-2011, 2:10 PM

Correction, should have wrote; "frustrated ALONG with you"; sorry about that...ha!

Old 12-01-2011, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Not sure why you're frustrated with me...

I'm pretty sure the 8030 (the one on wed special) is item #37416 in the holiday flyer/catalog
Yeah after checking once more, we are speaking about two different products in this case; again apologies.

Old 12-01-2011, 2:15 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post
Mike-

Off-the-Hook specials are generally items that a) are either in stock in the stores itself or b) items that may or may not be in a given store but are available in our warehouse for the stores to order.

These items are chosen two weeks in advance in order to give the stores ample chance to have them prior to the ad break. That lead-time can also be a double-edged sword in that a store may have stock on-hand at the time, than sell some prior to the ad break date two weeks later and have little to none in at the time the ad breaks.

Some (but not all stores) will have two chances to order these items but stores that have a Thursday delivery (like Norwalk) only have one shot.

We'll take a look at this and see where the breakdown is occurring. Thanks for bringing it up.

Thanks for the explanation Bill... this is a little different from how I thought it worked... if I'm understanding correctly - its the stores responsibility to order the product slated for wed special... if they don't order on time (or at all) then item is unavailable... I think norwalk orders but often it isn't delivered in time (as you mentioned - Thurs delivery)... I suspect signal hill missing the boat altogether (seems that way often).
Old 12-01-2011, 2:18 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Correction, should have wrote; "frustrated ALONG with you"; sorry about that...ha!
Ah.. LOL I see now how it was meant (one of those times where same exact wording means two different things)

All good
Old 12-01-2011, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Ah.. LOL I see now how it was meant (one of those times where same exact wording means two different things)

All good
Yeah, one of those..haha, I should have read it more carefully.

Thumbs up!

Old 12-02-2011, 6:41 PM
Made in the USA

Update... Norwalk is on the ball... as stated previously, they received shipment Thursday (day after the Wed only sale) - not sure who's responsible for delayed shipment, but they gave rain checks and called me first thing Thurs when the shipment arrived (good cust svc)...

Went in to pick up the rds today and as per normal policy, store manager has to override the price to reflect discount... Rich addressed me by name as he came to register to authorize discount (nice touch).

So even though it took two trips - it ended up okay in the end. I just hope the stocking/inventory issue gets worked out... I think I'll call in advance for a while just to be sure.

One thing is certain Turners is taking all issues (big and small) seriously - and addressing them with customer satisfaction in mind (at least Norwalk is). This is a big plus imo and really shows they care about customers returning and being satisfied.

Side note - I looked for Zombie ammo and didnt see any on the table (maybe its behind the counter)... I had to get to work so didnt spend too much time... I need to go back anyway to pick up a couple knives (SOG and Cold Steel sale ) - I'll inquire about the Zombie ammo next time... lord knows everyone MUST have some Zombie killing capabilities and nothing else will work