Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:56 PM

Default Anyone Use Gunbroker?

Im looking for a decent used full sized semi auto pistol. Ive been searching the Private sales section here--where Ive had good luck in the past--but the prices these "junior members" are asking for are frankly ASSinine. There is no way on earth I will pay MORE for a used pistol than I would for NIB. Ill wait years if I have to. On the flip side, Ive been seeing some reasonable prices on gunbroker, but Ive no experience with that site. Any of you had problems? Was it difficult?
Old 03-02-2013, 1:01 PM

I've used it a few times...basically eBay for guns. Contact your FFL first and see what their costs and procedures are before bidding. And contact the seller to see if they ship to CA as well since that seems to be an issue with some. I personally try to buy only from FFLs and pay with CC instead of money order to help with preventing fraud.
Old 03-02-2013, 1:02 PM

I love Gunbroker. I've bought several items and a firearm from there and it was a breeze. The only problem is paying the out of state transfer fee that FFLs charge. And now I believe they charge sales tax too.
Old 03-02-2013, 2:44 PM

I've used G.B. for years. Take time and check feedback on the seller. I prefer to deal with FFL's, but I have purchased guns from PP's through an FFL in their area.
Old 03-02-2013, 2:53 PM

I use it quite a bit. Some very good deals on there If you have a good ffl. My ffl pacific coast firearms in anaheim charges $25 for out of state transfers plus dros. Also if you are buying from a private party no tax.
Old 03-02-2013, 2:57 PM

Use a CREDIT CARD. It can help if problems arise. Also, most out of state does not let you pay sales tax but when you get your firearm from your FFL , expect to pay the Ca sales tax plus the corresponding fee for the transfer. You fon't have to pay salestax if its from a private party.
Old 03-02-2013, 3:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Gun Broker is a good shopping store, what I have done in the past was narrow search that I can buy locally and physically see it. I have also bought from our of State and kno knock on wood did some good buys. Like Ishoot said its the eBay for guns, parts ammo etc.

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 03-02-2013, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post

if you're serious for info I'll be happy to take the time to go over all of the awesome user tools GB has to offer but all too often guys like me spend quite abit of time hacking on a keyboard and it falls on deaf ears.
Thank you. I will PM you when I am ready to purchase.
Old 03-03-2013, 2:25 PM

Default wtb

why dont you put a ad in the want to buy section here on cal-guns ? list your location and keep it local....i like gunbroker and use it to buy and sell , but firearms have a whole list of costs besides the purchase price.... a rare antique or extremely hard to find gun is one thing--a modern shooter is another.... put a ad up, you might be surprised !!!!!.. cheers..
Old 03-03-2013, 5:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I used to buy and sell C&R firearms on GB but the last 5 or 6 that I bought all went back to the sellers. Condition was not as described or problems were not disclosed (pitted bores, cracked stocks etc). It was good that they took them back but I had to pay shipping in both directions. Integrity seems to have taken a vacation over the last couple of years. I've given up on GB.
Old 03-03-2013, 7:13 PM

Gunbroker is my favorite spot for ammo purchases. Never have had a bad experience but just make sure that you know that all bids are final. Make sure you know what you're bidding on.