Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I would say trying the same thing over and over again.

it also states that no matter how many times this legislation fails it will be back again and again until law. the intent is there in black and white. they want to ban guns, ammo and anything that relates to them.

to bad the people in this state blindly pull that lever every single time for the same party, same person who does this.
~~~~~~

In the legal system, when a person files lawsuit after lawsuit, one after another, and the lawsuits are found to be without merit, they are sometimes subject to being labeled by the courts as a "Vexatious litigant".
Definition: "Vexatious litigation is legal action which is brought, regardless of its merits, solely to harass or subdue an adversary. It may take the form of a primary frivolous lawsuit or may be the repetitive, burdensome, and unwarranted filing of meritless motions in a matter which is otherwise a meritorious cause of action. Filing vexatious litigation is considered an abuse of the judicial process and may result in sanctions against the offender."

When you think about it, a politician, trying to pass the same legislation, over and over again, and having it fail over and over, does seem to fall into the same category as a "Vexatious litigant".

The CA Senate and Assembly needs to pass some new rules that censure people who chronically bring up the same laws, over and over.
Supporter of conceal and open-carry.[/SIZE]
"It's called the Bill Of Rights. Not the Bill of Needs."[/SIZE]
Old 09-02-2014, 4:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkjjj View Post
...The CA Senate and Assembly needs to pass some new rules that censure people who chronically bring up the same laws, over and over.
But criminals (and legislators) don't follow the law (or rules.).

A.W.D.
Old 09-02-2014, 7:48 AM
Veteran Member

Why are so many people so butthurt about patterson? Being present to vote no vs. being absent doesnt make the vote any more or less "no". It would only make sense to be upset if you wanted him to vote yes on the bill, but since he has an NRA 92% rating, chances are he was never considering voting yes.
Old 09-02-2014, 8:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
Why are so many people so butthurt about patterson? Being present to vote no vs. being absent doesnt make the vote any more or less "no". It would only make sense to be upset if you wanted him to vote yes on the bill, but since he has an NRA 92% rating, chances are he was never considering voting yes.
Perhaps because he tried to BS his excuse for the no-show?

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 09-02-2014, 8:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Because this being an election year, we are suspicious of the Democrats who voted "No" because we expect they'll turn anti again once they a re re-elected. So anyone did not at least vote comes under scrutiny and suspicion.

Democrats facing difficult elections have asked Obama to take on action on the Keystone Pipeline and immigration until after the elections. that doesn't mean we think they've suddenly changed their minds, only that they are 'playing' us. Same here.
Old 09-02-2014, 8:38 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
Perhaps because he tried to BS his excuse for the no-show?
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
Because this being an election year, we are suspicious of the Democrats who voted "No" because we expect they'll turn anti again once they a re re-elected. So anyone did not at least vote comes under scrutiny and suspicion.

Democrats facing difficult elections have asked Obama to take on action on the Keystone Pipeline and immigration until after the elections. that doesn't mean we think they've suddenly changed their minds, only that they are 'playing' us. Same here.
Why are you suspicious of the excuse, and why would you expect a republican with a 92% NRA rating to be a democrat pandering for votes? The guy you are referring to seems to have voted no on every recent anti-gun bill...and probably every anti-gun bill he has ever seen

Last edited by Hoooper; 09-02-2014 at 8:40 AM..
Old 09-02-2014, 9:52 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Why are you suspicious of the excuse, and why would you expect a republican with a 92% NRA rating to be a democrat pandering for votes? The guy you are referring to seems to have voted no on every recent anti-gun bill...and probably every anti-gun bill he has ever seen
Read my prior post as to the "excuse".

Once AGAIN...

It's FAR different to be with your SO giving birth than your daughter...I grew up in California and never knew ANYONE who invited the family over to watch a birth.

I think it's also VERY coincidental that the rep was watching the birth when his vote just happened to be called at the same time.

Unusual that even though he voted "no" on anti-gun bills, this was the time when he needed an excuse.

Finally, he's paid to represent his constituents...I'd excuse him if he was there to assist his SO, no excuses to be there for his daughter.

Very finally, Occam's Razor applies...the most obvious possible reason is usually the correct reason. Apparently, he was short sighted when explained his absence...with more notice he, or anyone, could have come up with something at least believable.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

Old 09-02-2014, 9:59 AM

Yes, Occam's razor does apply... The simplest and most logical explanation is that he didn't think a bunch of ninnies on a gun forum would be so butthurt about something that would make no difference.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd View Post
Yes, Occam's razor does apply... The simplest and most logical explanation is that he didn't think a bunch of ninnies on a gun forum would be so butthurt about something that would make no difference.
Nor did he think that even though he's paid to represent the voters in his district, that it would be fair to them to skip out of the session to watch childbirth.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Nor did he think that even though he's paid to represent the voters in his district, that it would be fair to them to skip out of the session to watch childbirth.
He did his job, he represented his district by not voting for it. Being mad at someone who is on your side for something that does not matter is not rational.

And to the people saying "nobody goes to watch the birth of their grandchildren", both my parents and my in-laws were (for their various grandchildren; I don't have kids).
Old 09-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Unusual that even though he voted "no" on anti-gun bills, this was the time when he needed an excuse.
seriously, check his voting record. He didnt need an excuse or an explanation. If you check his voting record and you seriously still think he was making up an excuse and trying to avoid a recorded "no" vote youre nuts. He gave an excuse because he was pushed for one, he didnt just issue an excuse for the fun of it.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member

From my representative

Quote:
Dear Mr. ********:
Thank you for contacting my office in opposition to SB 53 (De León), legislation related to ammunition sales. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

As you know, this measure would amend existing laws that regulate the purchase of handgun ammunition so that they apply to all ammunition, giving law enforcement new tools to track unlawful ammunition sales. I did not support this bill and voted against it when it came before me on the Assembly floor. I am pleased we agree on this issue.

After consultation with local law enforcement I have determined that even with the bill’s exemption for validly licensed hunters there are issues with SB 53 that could adversely affect rural residents’ ability to access ammunition. This bill failed to gain passage.

Thank you again for your correspondence. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Respectfully,

WESLEY CHESBRO
Assemblyman, 2nd District
I can only hope we continue to see eye-to-eye in the future.

Old 09-04-2014, 1:09 PM
Calguns Addict

I'm still waiting for a response why my rep voted for it, I asked for specific reasons.
She needs to tell me exactly why she supported it even though it didn't pass.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 09-04-2014, 1:36 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I'm still waiting for a response why my rep voted for it, I asked for specific reasons.
not that this isn't a valid expectation - but I doubt she agrees with your assertion that she "needs to tell you"...

Unfortunately, our fearless leasers in CA don't see things quite that way...
Old 09-04-2014, 1:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Because she feels her seat is secure. In other words, you, my friend, are a fish out of water in her district: your values and priorities are out of step with your neighbors. You might want to remember what happened to the Jews in Berlin who pretended that was okay in the 1930s and stayed convincing themselves it would get no worse after Kristallnacht.