Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2010, 9:11 PM

Default Range Report Phnom Penh Cambodia

Day 32, 2-4-10 Range Report

Wrote this for 2 websites so there might be some overlap.

Well I made trip to the range today. I am currently in Phnom Penh Cambodia. I had set aside $100 US and planned on doing this since realizing I would be in Cambodia. I can't leave cause I'm waiting on a visa(should have it tomorrow but that's a different story). I am in down town PP and had heard that the range was somewhere out near the airport. Hired a tuktuk driver that I have used before and I like for $10 to take me there and back. The range was about 45 minutes from my hotel and down town PP. It's about 15 minutes passed the airport and down a little dirt road. You are let threw a little chain gate and onto a military base(of sorts) There is some military training equipment, a little lake, a big official building at the front, In the middle there are one room houses where families live, and the shooting range is at the back. The range is defiantly for tourists. Has a price sheet(strait forward and listed), clean, bathroom, wall of guns on offer. I never felt unsafe there in any way. However I was the only one shooting at the time. I shot a auto AK and a Russian MG. Was going to shoot the M60 but they said it jams a lot which was confirmed by a tourist that just shot it. And I am in Cambodia so I stuck with the Eastern guns.

It was a fun trip. Really expensive by Cambodian standards, and really anywhere. But I have always wanted to do this and set aside a little cash for this. It was a fun little adventure and I'm glad I went.

Shooting $100, TukTuk $10, The adventure of going alone, finding the range, and shooting machine guns in Cambodia, priceless.

The road in

The gate

Little lake

My trusty driver