Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 03-29-2018, 9:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbapug1 View Post
I also have a CCW and don't carry often. Mostly due to eating too much and I can't fit the holster IWB. Or I'll be going to the post office and don't want to deal with stashing it in the lock box.

I did buy a Tomcat to add to my permit to carry with shorts and a under armor T shirt. The sig 938 sticks out like a big dog.

And I have been caught once in a situation where a gun was needed. Thank god no one got killed but a woman was severally beaten before we stopped the attack.

A previous post said something about carrying at home. Let us all remember home invasions can happen anywhere at anytime. The security situation isn't what it used to be back in the good old days (pre-bush)
Be careful with lock box at post office. I do believe even having the gun on USPS property is illegal. I have had to go to post office while legally carrying out of state I go to ones I know have street parking and leave gun in car.
Old 03-29-2018, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingShooter View Post
Huh!?! With a valid ccw? What dept. allows you to carry & drink? Hmmm...not trying to tell you what to do, but may want to limit yourself to NO alcohol when carrying.
I'm out of CA now. Can carry as long as you're not intoxicated, up to .08.
One beer doesn't affect my judgement abilities.
Old 03-29-2018, 9:43 PM
Seņor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugershooter View Post
I'm out of CA now. Can carry as long as you're not intoxicated, up to .08.
One beer doesn't affect my judgement abilities.
Generally, no... but are you willing to face a civil tort attorney's expert witness that testifies otherwise?

Not preaching, it's legal and your right, just something to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 03-29-2018, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Generally, no... but are you willing to face a civil tort attorney's expert witness that testifies otherwise?

Not preaching, it's legal and your right, just something to consider.
I don't see an issue with it. I'm perfectly in control of my abilities for both driving and using a firearm. I limit myself to one beer with food, no other types of alcohol. If I'm safe enough to drive a 5000 lb. truck at 75 mph after one beer, then I don't see any issues with it.
Old 04-20-2018, 9:30 AM

I respect him for checking himself... as a team ledder at my church it is part of our code of conduct that if you are having a off day you leave your gun at home and let me know your not carrying. I once was so sick for two weeks I couldn’t leave my house or set up ... There was no way I was fit to use my gun if I had to ...
Old 04-20-2018, 9:58 AM

No.
Old 04-22-2018, 4:54 PM
Veteran Member

I've left my gun at home when I've been overly tired or sick, so what
Old 04-22-2018, 5:01 PM
Calguns Addict

No !
Old 04-26-2018, 6:45 PM

Wow, remind me to never come to the ccw forum for advice. Some of you are really good at discouraging responsible gun owners from asking reasonable questions. You treat the OP like some homicidal nut case on the verge of snapping for basically asking if you carry when you're having an off day. I might skip going to the range if I'm having an off day. Does this mean I'm mentally unstable and should turn in all of my firearms? I guess some of you just walk around assuming the worst of everybody that crosses your path.
Old 04-26-2018, 6:56 PM
Seņor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez343 View Post
I guess some of you just walk around assuming the worst of everybody that crosses your path.
It's a survival tactic.

"Trust but verify"
"Trust no one until they earn your trust"
"Assume the worst, allow them to prove you wrong"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
It's a survival tactic.

"Trust but verify"
"Trust no one until they earn your trust"
"Assume the worst, allow them to prove you wrong"
I get that.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
Old 05-24-2018, 9:09 AM

The only time I feel uncomfortable is when I don't carry.
I feel like I left the house without pants

Another personal note--- Going out drinking is never a good idea. Going out and having a beer with your dinner is not "going out drinking".
I made a personal choice many years ago that CCW was way more important than alcohol outside the home.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

"No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-26-2018, 9:52 AM

I think being mindful of your state of mind is a great idea, however, I think if you are actually in a state of mind that could be unstable you may not be able to detect that about yourself in that state of mind. Sounds like you are just being self aware and recognize that it's important to be in a state of mind that is appropriate for the responsibility that comes when carrying a loaded weapon in public. If however you ever feel that you are unsure of your mental stability, having emotional mood swings, feeling depressed and apathetic, are misusing prescription medication or are drinking alcohol in excess then I would recommend talking to a mental health professional like a licensed clinical psychologist PhD or PsyD or a masters level licensed clinician such as an LCSW, LMFT, or LPCC. Remember, mental health treatment is confidential just like medical treatment is confidential, and your information is protected by HIPAA. I would suggest you not carry until you are able to talk to someone like that and have an assessment done to determine what could be causing those symptoms, it may not be related to mental health, sometimes health conditions related to other parts of the body impact perception and behavior as well. Sounds like you are doing fine and are steady though, so my best to you and I wish you safe travels.
Old 05-27-2018, 6:23 AM
Calguns Addict

Moods are for cows ,libtards and women
Old 06-16-2018, 8:50 AM

I understand and even agree with the OP's point to an extent but I feel like my firearm is merely a tool, just like my keys, my flashlight, my pocket knife, or my wallet. I carry it at all times I'm legally allowed to, just as I would these items. Should a situation arise that I need to use my weapon I'd feel a lot better having it than not. If I don't feel that in the moment due to my mental state I can use it in accordance with the law, then I won't.