Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Wine Country Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2014, 9:46 AM

Default looking for a place to shoot near napa

i'm hosting a corporate event at sliverado country club next month. we typically golf two days in a row, but this year we offered up some ideas for something different to do on the 2nd day - go karts, gun range, etc - the gun range idea was everyone's overwhelming first choice.

so i'm looking for somewhere to shoot in that area. it's not a large group - probably 8 to 10 people. i think one or two in the group have not shot a gun before, but everyone else is a gun owner.

most of us are from the east bay and one from sacramento and we'd be going to the range on our way home, so ideally the range would be south or southeast from napa...

i'd be open to gun clubs or BLM land that allows shooting. i'd be looking to bring pistols, rifles and shotguns (slugs or shot) so wherever we go would need to accomodate all three, ideally without needing to change lanes when switching from short to long distances. not looking for the ability to shoot any crazy long distances. 100 yards (or even 50 yards) would be plenty.

i should mention that i've looked online and what i've found so far doesn't seem to fit what i'm looking for. i've found trap only clubs, members only clubs, indoor ranges, etc. need something that allows shooting from 10 to 100 yards, no membership required.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:10 AM
Calguns Addict

There are ranges in Concord, Martinez and Richmond.

See map link below in sig line.

I haven't located any others in that general area.
Old 07-31-2014, 7:04 PM

thanks for the info. that map is great. too bad there's nothing in the immediate napa area. i suspect if we try to head to a range closer to home, at least 3 or 4 of the guys are going to just go straight home instead... might have to do go karts instead.
Old 08-03-2014, 6:01 PM
Calguns Addict

There is a private indoor rifle and pistol range to 100 yards with trap outside east of napa about 2 miles from Silverado trail.I don't know the name of the road but it heads east and is one of the only roads that does.
Try contacting them and see if your group can shoot there under the guidance of those members who will be there.Kind of a guest arrangement if you will.
It cost us $5 or $10 to shoot there and the place is first cabin.
Old 09-25-2014, 5:39 PM

Default Where to shoot?

It looks like Circle S west of Petaluma. Napa had an indoor range, but I don't know the status

Center Mass Shooting Range
27 Commerce Pl
Vacaville, CA 95687-4103
Local: (707) 449-4867

NAPA Rifle & Pistol Club Inc (Private Club)
2216 Monticello Rd
Napa, CA 94558-9613
Local: (707) 253-7228

Good Luck