Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 06-08-2017, 6:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato View Post
Who cares about Yugo 24/47? There cheap as chips and have little historical significance. It's not like it was Gen. Patton's revolver or Washington's musket.
Agreed- it's not it is a "Bubba-Job" and (I have said this before) all of it is non-permanent. Some are in the camp of "no modifications" to milsurp guns and I can appreciate that. Since isn't a rare gun and I was having trouble seeing that damn small rear sight, (Yugoslavian's must have had good eyes!) I figured this rifle was a good candidate for this experiment. I'm happy with it and at the end of day I guess that is that matters.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.
Old 06-08-2017, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambam105 View Post
I am not wasting anymore time with someone who thinks forward mounted rifle scopes transmit light equal or better to than traditional over the action mounted scopes.
there you go again. misrepresenting. I never said, nor did Cooper that they transmit like better than a traditional. I don't know how you can claim that go back and actually read my statements.

What I did do was correct your incorrect statement that "they don't transmit light worth beans". that is false. they transmit light just fine, maybe not to the same level of a $2000+ high end scope, but what do you expect for a scope that will cost you about or less than $300 full retail. If are trying to compare them to what I can only assume are high end expensive long range scope based on the things you keep trying to slip in ...apples and oranges.

Again, your claim as stated is incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambam105 View Post
I know you are the kind never to admit when your wrong so that makes you the winner. Good luck.
actually I don't have a problem with acknowledging when I am wrong. however in this case I am not.

you never once supported your original claim, and kept bringing in all kinds of irrelevant things and even some incorrect "facts" about scopes.

anyway, clearly you are convinced you are right and we are going in circles.

Last edited by 1859sharps; 06-08-2017 at 6:34 PM..
Old 06-08-2017, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisCA View Post
I'm happy with it and at the end of day I guess that is that matters.
really, honestly, at the end of the day...that you are happy with and enjoy your rifle is all that matters.