Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 09-05-2017, 1:53 PM

Default Santa Fe Mountaneer, 303BR Sporterized Enfield Golden State Arms Corp VINTAGE!

Make:
Sporterized Enfield 303 BR

Model:
Santa Fe Mountaneer, by Golden State Arms Corp. Pasadena CA

Caliber:
303BR

Location (city or county):
High Desert, Inland Empire

Price:
Gonna ask $450/OBO, because no one seems to know a value for this rare rifle! Gotten quotes all over the place, so feel free to PM me with "education", insults, or offers you think are "fair"!

I might be open to trades in .22LR and 9mm, long guns or semi auto handguns, worst I can say is no, as I don't really NEED any other guns, but... in this crowd, we all have GAS (Gun Acquisition Syndrome), right?

Will ship (Y/N):
Possibly, as this gun is right on the border of being a C&R (After some research, it appears the Golden State Arms Corp went bankrupt in late 1966, so I think we can safely call this a "C&R" sale, thereby simplifying the transaction!)

Other info:

This is an inherited gun, my memory is it was shot about 3 times, one time "dang"... a second time "dang", and a third "that's enough"... I've heard these kick like a mule!

It is a "sporterized" Enfield, I have the original "manual", it was sporterized by Golden State Arms Corp in Pasadena CA, evidently sometime in the mid 60's.

The "model" as stamped is Santa Fe Mountaneer, I did find a little bit of info on it online, it appears it was a relative (not sure if it's the idiot cousin, crazy aunt, or rich uncle!?) of the "Jungle Carbine".

It's been stored for years, a bit dusty, and a little bit of wear on the stock butt and fore grip (probably light sand/steel wool, and a good coat of oil or poly would make it look new, but I'm not going to mess with it). It's not dented or dinged up from what I can see, there's definitely some wear, ask if you want more detailed pics. Barrel looks clean and shiny when looking down the bore, I will try to clean it a bit since it's been sitting, but it's been stored in a cool dry environment most of it's life!

The rifle includes the original magazine, a "vintage" strap that has some corrosion around the buckles, but is serviceable. The case is negotiable, it dates from around the time of the rifle, but I might have use for it.

Ask questions, or make offers via PM, I'll try to respond within 24 hours. I'm on the High Desert/Victorville area, but may be able to meet part way within reason for the transfer. PPT consistent with C&R rules published on CA DOJ site (meaning it's simple compared to a typical transfer).

BUYERS, send questions or offers to Seller using Private Messages!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03095.jpg (94.6 KB, 532 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03094.jpg (94.0 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03098.jpg (91.2 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03096.jpg (94.5 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03097.jpg (94.9 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by DB>; 09-10-2017 at 2:46 PM.. Reason: Added C&R info
Old 09-05-2017, 1:57 PM

A couple more pictures...

And I should note that there is a CA DL engraved (very lightly) with electric pencil "back in the day" - minor, but I like to cover everything!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03099.jpg (91.8 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03100.jpg (92.8 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by DB>; 10-16-2017 at 1:18 PM..
Old 09-06-2017, 2:38 PM

Bump for an oldie but goodie, PMs replied, keep 'em coming!
Old 10-16-2017, 1:19 PM

Monday ain't gonna get me down bump