Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2018, 9:33 AM

Default Pope Francis on Gun Owners - Not Christian

https://www.minds.com/media/888824687748804608

Snopes calls this "mostly false" suggesting he was referring to gun manufacturers and investors; but others take it as I presented it in the subject that Pope Francis is saying Gun Owners can't be Christian. I find that really sad. I hope the Vatican Knights will have a gun sale soon?
Old 09-19-2018, 9:42 AM

well, i don't claim any religion so he isn't talking about me...but he should stfu.
Old 09-19-2018, 9:59 AM

You can't be a Christian and a child molester either so why should I care what the Catholic in Chief thinks?
Old 09-19-2018, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member

Heck, Im a baptized and confirmed Catholic and the pope can go suck a fat one. My religious beliefs are between me and God. I dont GAF what the pope or any religious "leader" thinks about guns.
Disclaimer: The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Not a fan of Francis however you could always read his actual comments for yourself within the context of his entire speech which covered many topics.

Or you could trust some idiotic craptastic clickbait website to parse it for you.

http://m.vatican.va/content/francesc...o-giovani.html
Old 09-19-2018, 10:17 AM

A case for the use of force can be made either way, depending on what you want to be true. I spent some time among the Mennonites, who are staunchly pacifist. They have some very good points that are hard to refute. People advocating the responsible use of force have a good case, too. But I'd say that the Mennonites have a better case, from a Biblical perspective. Not air-tight by and stretch. But better.

However, the irony of a pope having any beef with weapons manufacturers is laughable. The Roman Catholic Church and popes throughout history have used violence to advance their agenda as a matter of routine practice. The Jesuit order was founded by a former soldier (Ignatius of Loyola) and given the express mission of protecting the Pope and his increasing his political influence throughout the world. This includes the mission program in the Americas and elsewhere, which was, in practice, little more than a garrison of soldiers sent to enslave the natives and give the soldiers the needed rationale to kill them if they resisted in the slightest.

Institutions, like people, can be so advanced in age that they become senile, crazy & a burden on society. While I have immense respect for the RC Church, Ignatius of Loyola and even the current Pope, I question if they are doing much good anymore. I'd be really impressed if they would take the message of their god seriously -- selling all their possessions and giving it all away to the poor. They're the largest non-profit in the world. It would be a very meaningful and self-sacrificial gesture. But that requires real commitment, not just idle talk.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVShooter View Post
A case for the use of force can be made either way, depending on what you want to be true. I spent some time among the Mennonites, who are staunchly pacifist. They have some very good points that are hard to refute. People advocating the responsible use of force have a good case, too. But I'd say that the Mennonites have a better case, from a Biblical perspective. Not air-tight by and stretch. But better.

However, the irony of a pope having any beef with weapons manufacturers is laughable. The Roman Catholic Church and popes throughout history have used violence to advance their agenda as a matter of routine practice. The Jesuit order was founded by a former soldier (Ignatius of Loyola) and given the express mission of protecting the Pope and his increasing his political influence throughout the world. This includes the mission program in the Americas and elsewhere, which was, in practice, little more than a garrison of soldiers sent to enslave the natives and give the soldiers the needed rationale to kill them if they resisted in the slightest.

Institutions, like people, can be so advanced in age that they become senile, crazy & a burden on society. While I have immense respect for the RC Church, Ignatius of Loyola and even the current Pope, I question if they are doing much good anymore. I'd be really impressed if they would take the message of their god seriously -- selling all their possessions and giving it all away to the poor. They're the largest non-profit in the world. It would be a very meaningful and self-sacrificial gesture. But that requires real commitment, not just idle talk.
Seriously, given the extremely violent history of the Catholic church, you would think owning and being proficient in the use of firearms as well as other weapons is a requirement to being a good Catholic. Catholicism is one of, if not the most violent religions in the history of the World. Anyone ever heard of the Crusades or the Spanish Inquisition? Those periods in history make ISIS look like a bunch of rank amateurs.
Disclaimer: The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.

Last edited by lightcav; 09-19-2018 at 10:28 AM..
Old 09-19-2018, 8:20 PM

On Roman Catholisism:
Waldensens(1173). Hey none of this is in the bible.
John Wycliff(1340). Hey, none of this is in the bible
Hussites(1419). Hey, none of this is in the bible.
Martin Luther(1517). Hey, none of this is in the bible.

Popes aren't in the bible. Who cares what they say.

Last edited by RAMCLAP; 09-19-2018 at 8:57 PM..
Old 09-20-2018, 3:52 AM
Calguns Addict

hold on a minute, doesn't the pope own a private army armed with modern full auto weapons........

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Not at all. Trump is a loser and will lose amazingly on Tuesday. It's going to be so big, we are all going to be sick and tired of how much he loses on Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Nah, no sense in replying to the personal attacks/baiting.
Old 09-20-2018, 5:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy View Post
hold on a minute, doesn't the pope own a private army armed with modern full auto weapons........
He most certainly does. Swiss Guard.
Old 09-20-2018, 8:00 AM

NWO puppet is all he is
Old 09-20-2018, 8:08 AM
Veteran Member

The Pope should stay on his course. To bring folks to God...
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 10-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Pope Francis at times confuses even those of us who are Catholic. And our media is very good at making even more confusion of his statements, which, by the way, are not made ex cathedra, are not dogma and do not change doctrine. Contrary to popular belief, Catholics do not believe that every word of the Pope is gospel. With that said I'd like to share one of my favorite quotes from a different Pope:

Quote:
"...the spirit of war rises and grows strong where the inalienable rights of man are violated. Even if dictatorship and totalitarianism temporarily suppress the complaint of exploited and oppressed human beings, the just person clings to the conviction that nothing can justify this violation of the rights of man; he has the courage to intercede for others who suffer and he refuses to surrender in the face of injustice, to compromise with it; and likewise, however paradoxical it may appear, the person who deeply desires peace rejects any kind of pacifism which is cowardice for the simple preservation of tranquility." - St. Pope John Paul II, Jan. 1st, 1984.
Deus vult.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:37 PM

Newsflash: This Pope is not Christian.
CRPA Member
Old 10-12-2018, 3:12 PM

Ditto ! You nailed it Featureless.

Psalm 1
Old 10-13-2018, 6:31 AM

If the pope would've said that gun owners can't be catholic, so be it for his followers. When he says gun owners can't be Christian, he's talking about something that he nor catholics understand. We get that, and ignore him.

“Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God…” Martin Luther
Old 10-13-2018, 7:17 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyordeath View Post
NWO puppet is all he is
Bringing in a Globalist One World Govt/One World Religion is the end game of the Papacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featureless View Post
Newsflash: This Pope is not Christian.
The Whore of Babylon is the Popes true Biblical name.
America was founded by men who understood that the threat of domestic tyranny is as great as any threat from abroad. If we want to be worthy of their legacy, we must resist the rush toward ever-increasing state control of our society. Otherwise, our own government will become a greater threat to our freedoms than any foreign terrorist.

-Ron Paul
Old 10-13-2018, 9:37 PM

Doesn’t matter what he thinks. He is not sinless and certainly not Holy. “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God”
Old 10-13-2018, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbn620 View Post
Pope Francis at times confuses even those of us who are Catholic. And our media is very good at making even more confusion of his statements, which, by the way, are not made ex cathedra, are not dogma and do not change doctrine. Contrary to popular belief, Catholics do not believe that every word of the Pope is gospel. With that said I'd like to share one of my favorite quotes from a different Pope:

Deus vult.
So... peace through strength??

This is an excellent read - https://www.nationalreview.com/magaz...tholic-church/

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/