Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-19-2018, 9:33 AM
harbormaster's Avatar
harbormaster harbormaster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Marina on the Delta
Posts: 170
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default Pope Francis on Gun Owners - Not Christian

https://www.minds.com/media/888824687748804608

Snopes calls this "mostly false" suggesting he was referring to gun manufacturers and investors; but others take it as I presented it in the subject that Pope Francis is saying Gun Owners can't be Christian. I find that really sad. I hope the Vatican Knights will have a gun sale soon?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-19-2018, 9:42 AM
theLBC's Avatar
theLBC theLBC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 729
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

well, i don't claim any religion so he isn't talking about me...but he should stfu.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-19-2018, 9:59 AM
mooner760HD's Avatar
mooner760HD mooner760HD is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 302
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

You can't be a Christian and a child molester either so why should I care what the Catholic in Chief thinks?
__________________
NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:02 AM
lightcav's Avatar
lightcav lightcav is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,377
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Heck, Im a baptized and confirmed Catholic and the pope can go suck a fat one. My religious beliefs are between me and God. I dont GAF what the pope or any religious "leader" thinks about guns.
__________________
Disclaimer: The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:13 AM
FatCity67's Avatar
FatCity67 FatCity67 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,889
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Not a fan of Francis however you could always read his actual comments for yourself within the context of his entire speech which covered many topics.

Or you could trust some idiotic craptastic clickbait website to parse it for you.

http://m.vatican.va/content/francesc...o-giovani.html
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:17 AM
CVShooter CVShooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 459
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

A case for the use of force can be made either way, depending on what you want to be true. I spent some time among the Mennonites, who are staunchly pacifist. They have some very good points that are hard to refute. People advocating the responsible use of force have a good case, too. But I'd say that the Mennonites have a better case, from a Biblical perspective. Not air-tight by and stretch. But better.

However, the irony of a pope having any beef with weapons manufacturers is laughable. The Roman Catholic Church and popes throughout history have used violence to advance their agenda as a matter of routine practice. The Jesuit order was founded by a former soldier (Ignatius of Loyola) and given the express mission of protecting the Pope and his increasing his political influence throughout the world. This includes the mission program in the Americas and elsewhere, which was, in practice, little more than a garrison of soldiers sent to enslave the natives and give the soldiers the needed rationale to kill them if they resisted in the slightest.

Institutions, like people, can be so advanced in age that they become senile, crazy & a burden on society. While I have immense respect for the RC Church, Ignatius of Loyola and even the current Pope, I question if they are doing much good anymore. I'd be really impressed if they would take the message of their god seriously -- selling all their possessions and giving it all away to the poor. They're the largest non-profit in the world. It would be a very meaningful and self-sacrificial gesture. But that requires real commitment, not just idle talk.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:24 AM
lightcav's Avatar
lightcav lightcav is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,377
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVShooter View Post
A case for the use of force can be made either way, depending on what you want to be true. I spent some time among the Mennonites, who are staunchly pacifist. They have some very good points that are hard to refute. People advocating the responsible use of force have a good case, too. But I'd say that the Mennonites have a better case, from a Biblical perspective. Not air-tight by and stretch. But better.

However, the irony of a pope having any beef with weapons manufacturers is laughable. The Roman Catholic Church and popes throughout history have used violence to advance their agenda as a matter of routine practice. The Jesuit order was founded by a former soldier (Ignatius of Loyola) and given the express mission of protecting the Pope and his increasing his political influence throughout the world. This includes the mission program in the Americas and elsewhere, which was, in practice, little more than a garrison of soldiers sent to enslave the natives and give the soldiers the needed rationale to kill them if they resisted in the slightest.

Institutions, like people, can be so advanced in age that they become senile, crazy & a burden on society. While I have immense respect for the RC Church, Ignatius of Loyola and even the current Pope, I question if they are doing much good anymore. I'd be really impressed if they would take the message of their god seriously -- selling all their possessions and giving it all away to the poor. They're the largest non-profit in the world. It would be a very meaningful and self-sacrificial gesture. But that requires real commitment, not just idle talk.
Seriously, given the extremely violent history of the Catholic church, you would think owning and being proficient in the use of firearms as well as other weapons is a requirement to being a good Catholic. Catholicism is one of, if not the most violent religions in the history of the World. Anyone ever heard of the Crusades or the Spanish Inquisition? Those periods in history make ISIS look like a bunch of rank amateurs.
__________________
Disclaimer: The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.

Last edited by lightcav; 09-19-2018 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-19-2018, 8:20 PM
RAMCLAP's Avatar
RAMCLAP RAMCLAP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 2,087
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

On Roman Catholisism:
Waldensens(1173). Hey none of this is in the bible.
John Wycliff(1340). Hey, none of this is in the bible
Hussites(1419). Hey, none of this is in the bible.
Martin Luther(1517). Hey, none of this is in the bible.

Popes aren't in the bible. Who cares what they say.
__________________
John 2:5

Last edited by RAMCLAP; 09-19-2018 at 8:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-20-2018, 3:52 AM
mossy's Avatar
mossy mossy is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: equestria
Posts: 6,313
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

hold on a minute, doesn't the pope own a private army armed with modern full auto weapons........
__________________
best troll thread in calguns history
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739



Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Not at all. Trump is a loser and will lose amazingly on Tuesday. It's going to be so big, we are all going to be sick and tired of how much he loses on Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Nah, no sense in replying to the personal attacks/baiting.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-20-2018, 5:41 AM
RAMCLAP's Avatar
RAMCLAP RAMCLAP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 2,087
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy View Post
hold on a minute, doesn't the pope own a private army armed with modern full auto weapons........
He most certainly does. Swiss Guard.
__________________
John 2:5
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-20-2018, 8:00 AM
libertyordeath's Avatar
libertyordeath libertyordeath is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,535
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

NWO puppet is all he is
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-20-2018, 8:08 AM
wpage's Avatar
wpage wpage is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,276
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

The Pope should stay on his course. To bring folks to God...
__________________
God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-12-2018, 12:31 PM
cbn620's Avatar
cbn620 cbn620 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fresno County
Posts: 5,390
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Pope Francis at times confuses even those of us who are Catholic. And our media is very good at making even more confusion of his statements, which, by the way, are not made ex cathedra, are not dogma and do not change doctrine. Contrary to popular belief, Catholics do not believe that every word of the Pope is gospel. With that said I'd like to share one of my favorite quotes from a different Pope:

Quote:
"...the spirit of war rises and grows strong where the inalienable rights of man are violated. Even if dictatorship and totalitarianism temporarily suppress the complaint of exploited and oppressed human beings, the just person clings to the conviction that nothing can justify this violation of the rights of man; he has the courage to intercede for others who suffer and he refuses to surrender in the face of injustice, to compromise with it; and likewise, however paradoxical it may appear, the person who deeply desires peace rejects any kind of pacifism which is cowardice for the simple preservation of tranquility." - St. Pope John Paul II, Jan. 1st, 1984.
Deus vult.
__________________
AVE · CHRISTVS · REX
S.MARIA · MATER · DEI · O.P.N.
ROM. XI:III-V
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Featureless Featureless is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 264
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Newsflash: This Pope is not Christian.
__________________
California Native
Lifelong Gun Owner
NRA Member
CRPA Member
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-12-2018, 3:12 PM
Garand Hunter Garand Hunter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 374
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Ditto ! You nailed it Featureless.

Psalm 1
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-13-2018, 6:31 AM
billvau's Avatar
billvau billvau is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Norcal mountains
Posts: 577
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

If the pope would've said that gun owners can't be catholic, so be it for his followers. When he says gun owners can't be Christian, he's talking about something that he nor catholics understand. We get that, and ignore him.
__________________
Pastor Bill

“Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God…” Martin Luther
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-13-2018, 7:17 AM
ENTHUSIAST's Avatar
ENTHUSIAST ENTHUSIAST is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,721
iTrader: 113 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyordeath View Post
NWO puppet is all he is
Bringing in a Globalist One World Govt/One World Religion is the end game of the Papacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featureless View Post
Newsflash: This Pope is not Christian.
The Whore of Babylon is the Popes true Biblical name.
__________________
Quote:
America was founded by men who understood that the threat of domestic tyranny is as great as any threat from abroad. If we want to be worthy of their legacy, we must resist the rush toward ever-increasing state control of our society. Otherwise, our own government will become a greater threat to our freedoms than any foreign terrorist.

-Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-13-2018, 9:37 PM
Sunbear Sunbear is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Doesn’t matter what he thinks. He is not sinless and certainly not Holy. “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God”
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-13-2018, 9:41 PM
Cincinnatus's Avatar
Cincinnatus Cincinnatus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay Area
Posts: 514
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbn620 View Post
Pope Francis at times confuses even those of us who are Catholic. And our media is very good at making even more confusion of his statements, which, by the way, are not made ex cathedra, are not dogma and do not change doctrine. Contrary to popular belief, Catholics do not believe that every word of the Pope is gospel. With that said I'd like to share one of my favorite quotes from a different Pope:



Deus vult.
So... peace through strength??

This is an excellent read - https://www.nationalreview.com/magaz...tholic-church/
__________________
Active Army 1976-1986, Army Reserve 2005-2015, Afghanistan 2010-2011

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:28 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.