Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2018, 7:53 PM

Default Let us go to WAR

War at the alter on our knees we our soliders in the biggest war of all time and we each have been chosen with a special mission with POW'S that we must reach, strangers, friends our own family lets us not be blinded by fog or by our battles being diverted from the greater war.

This Christian walk we should preach and testify daily no matter who we offend because the seed that lands in the heart and sprouts is worth everything.

If we are comfortable are we in battle I look around I see God's glory and promises everywhere he is at the door step ready to show the world who the true and living God is.

I let the spirit move in my heart to share something very personal but knowing that this can save someone's loved one or you who are reading this.

Some of you might have read my other threads on how God has and is using me one night I shared with my family Gods displeasure with our family and how he pulled me from my storm, well I didn't know my son heard me and after he wanted to talk to me and my wife my head is going in every direction scared about what he wants to tell us because he was crying.

My son is 12 we get home and we sit down and he is having a hard time knowing how to tell us so I start asking him questions and I ask him if was dealing with depression he said yes and started crying and then he shared how some song really helped him battle against it but that was not all that he has thoughts of suicide.

So as he tells us this my wife tears up but I stay strong and tell him it's just a dirty lie and tactic of the devil to try and destroy us, we prayed and he rejoiced God delivered him that very instance his face shined with Glory and life.

Little background my son is raised in a Christian home and school he reads his bible on his own and prays I couldn't have asked for a better son he loves God
I share this because no matter what we think about our children that they read go to church they seem happy or they may have attitude lets us not be blinded to the fact they have their own wars they are going through and we need to talk to them about these attacks that they can go through.

I shared this with some of my family with kids same age, I get a text today from my cousins wife and she told she had shared my sons story with her nieces. After taken her to church she opened up to her grandma that she had thoughts of suicide that she had felt worthless her dad left his family for another woman but after hearing my sons story she realized its was a lie and attack from satan.

Sorry for spelling or punctuations I know I don't know any of you but sometimes it's the testomonies we hear from the people we don't know who have the biggest impact.

Love you're children kiss them tell them you love them and that they worth more than all the treasures of this world that's why Jesus died for them.

Just wanted to share and hope God uses this to touch someone's life, God bless
Old 09-20-2018, 5:58 AM

Wonderful testimony! Thanks SO much for sharing very personal situations, thoughts, and feelings from your life. You're absolutely right - it's a war we live in and our children our vulnerable as they struggle to grow up - much of the time away from us. What a blessing to have parent like you who have a relationship and environment that your son knows he safe in and can share his deepest thoughts and fears.

I'll be praying for you and am willing to help you any way I can!

God bless,
Bill

“Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God…” Martin Luther
Old 09-20-2018, 6:31 AM

That is awesome that your son could open up to you and that you understand that we battle not against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities. (Ephesians 6:12)

My church is an older one, in downtown, which is a bad area. There is a park nearby with gangs, drug dealers and and craps games. Elders caution not to go there. There are apartment buildings all around us. A new apartment complex is being build that takes up an entire city block. We're surrounded by the poor. When we have VBS or an open picnic for the neighborhood, the neighborhood kids flood our church and enjoy it.

Lately, I've been thinking about going door to door in this terrible town. Odds are high I could get beaten or robbed of my wallet and phone. But knowing what Jesus gave up for me, I wonder if He's sending me to be a light in the darkness. To rattle hell's rusty gate. We're at war alright.

"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire
Old 09-20-2018, 7:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
That is awesome that your son could open up to you and that you understand that we battle not against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities. (Ephesians 6:12)

My church is an older one, in downtown, which is a bad area. There is a park nearby with gangs, drug dealers and and craps games. Elders caution not to go there. There are apartment buildings all around us. A new apartment complex is being build that takes up an entire city block. We're surrounded by the poor. When we have VBS or an open picnic for the neighborhood, the neighborhood kids flood our church and enjoy it.

Lately, I've been thinking about going door to door in this terrible town. Odds are high I could get beaten or robbed of my wallet and phone. But knowing what Jesus gave up for me, I wonder if He's sending me to be a light in the darkness. To rattle hell's rusty gate. We're at war alright.

Thank you brothers for your prayers and encouragement the thing is when I wrote that I was going to erase it and not post it felt weird but God told me to share and so i did.

Yes we are light to the darkness and if you fill moved to go out and witness to the surrounding than step out in faith and see how God will light your path and you use you in a mighty way, what or who can stand in our way when our God leads us to battle nothing can or no one.

Let's us pick up armor shield sword and cut the heads off of those who dare In snare us or our loved ones. Prayers up to my brothers and sisters let's fight the good fight.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:01 PM
Win win win win
CGN Contributor

Location: Ventura County, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Beautiful.

I think I will take the battle to the Enemy. There are some traps he set up for my family recently too. Thank you for the reminder.
Stand up and be counted, or lay down and be mounted... -Mac

Old 09-24-2018, 9:15 PM
From Anotha Motha
CGN Contributor

We were on a family camping trip and as it's getting dark, we gather around to cook smores. Someone else's dog starts barking as if he senses something nearby. This dog hasn't barked the last day and a half. I walked towards the dog with my flashlight to check it out. The dog stops barking.

A bit later, I gather the family around for prayer time. Just as we're about to start praying, my phone rings and it's an unknown number from Washington. I don't know anyone from Washington.

Just about any time we're about to pray together as a family or bond as a family, there's some kind of a disruption.

Y'all know what this is right?
Old 09-25-2018, 6:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordupmybrotha View Post
We were on a family camping trip and as it's getting dark, we gather around to cook smores. Someone else's dog starts barking as if he senses something nearby. This dog hasn't barked the last day and a half. I walked towards the dog with my flashlight to check it out. The dog stops barking.

A bit later, I gather the family around for prayer time. Just as we're about to start praying, my phone rings and it's an unknown number from Washington. I don't know anyone from Washington.

Just about any time we're about to pray together as a family or bond as a family, there's some kind of a disruption.

Y'all know what this is right?
I jokingly call those "nuisance demons!"

“Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God…” Martin Luther
Old 09-25-2018, 10:01 AM
From Anotha Motha
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvau View Post
I jokingly call those "nuisance demons!"
Yep. Nonbelievers will call it a coincidence, but we know it's demonic forces.