Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 07-16-2018, 1:31 AM

Default Need FFL legal/law Advice

Please see my thread here.

Thank you

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1462759
Old 07-16-2018, 9:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversaver View Post

When I pick up the stripped lower in 2016, my FFL cannot find the stripped lower and gave me a new one said they will update my DROS and I left without any copy.
Mistake #1....you signed a copy of you delivered DROS with the wrong serial number on it.

Quote:
In March 2017, I asked FFL for copy of DROS and found out the S/N were wrong! FFL gave me a copy of 958 form saying they'll fax in to DOJ for correction.
Mistake #2....why wouldn't they of done a Correction in DES? The only option I can think of is your DROS already had a single correction and a redros is due.

Mistake #3---- did the copy of the 958 form have all the info filled out? DROS # and signed?

Quote:
I For some reason on June 30th around 9 PM, FFL text me with an image of my DROS log in from his smart phone. (needs time to contact DOJ?) I was shock!. The DROS was dated March 2017, a different DROS number from my original DROS.
Mistake #4 ...Sound like they just submitted a new DROS when you went in in March 2017. Did you sign? Thumbprint? It seems like a pretty easy thing to prove you did not do. Ask for a copy of your delivered DROS for that serial number. They are required to provide it when requested.

Sounds like you are in quit the bind.

Their old DROS for the old serial number is most likely cancelled. Now its going to be your word vs theirs. Even if they don't have your sig and thumb print those will be small violations for them compared to what you are looking at. Contact an attorney.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:42 AM

The FFL says they will update the S/N with the one they gave me. I do not have any copy of DROS. FFL is a friend I don’t think it will end up like this today. I found the error when I ask for DROS copy in March 2017. FFL gave me a copy of 958 with his signature on it said he will fax in to DOJ for correction.

I do not know about the re-DROS. I have not sign or finger print the new DRIS.

I have ask the FFL and he keeps delaying me by saying he needs to contact DOJ. Finally he gave me a picture text message with a brand new DROS number for my lower dated March 2017 on June 30th 9pm. What makes me really angry is I have told the FFL and his employee I’m going to RAW this lower and I need to be sure the DROS has been update to correct S/N. I don’t needs surprise from BOF.

All I know is I have been ignore. The FFL finally gave me the DROS image log in from his cell phone. I was wondering if he can access the DROS off his cell phone why he hasn’t do it. I’m not even sure if he has cancel the original DROS in 2016. Trust me, if I knew the FFL re-DROS in 2017, I’ll never RAW this firearm.
Old 07-16-2018, 1:48 PM
Calguns Addict

The so-called FFL has messed up a lot and seems to have done several things which are illegal.

Based on what you said, it doesn't appear that you legally have the firearm (lower). While the CA DOJ might think so based on the DROS, it was not signed by you. It certainly wasn't transferred during the time period in which would allow you to register it according to the DROS records. There might be another firearm which is registered to you that some other person actually has.

You need to ensure that what you have isn't considered to be a so-called a-salt weapon, which means taking the upper off of it. That needs to have been done by now. You need to find out what firearms are registered to you, there is a form to fill out and submit to the CA DOJ. You need to find out if what you have was legally transferred to yourself, and/or get rid of it (gun buyback, turn over to police, give back to FFL or something else).

The safe thing to do is to buy another lower and make it featureless. I seriously doubt that due to the mess you could EVER register what you have even though you believe that it was properly transferred at the time.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein