Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-23-2019, 7:37 PM
Wizardofodd Wizardofodd is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 31
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Exclamation Got Pulled over today Ran Stop Sign

So I slow rolled a stop sign today and got lit up by a nice Motorcycle officer. Did the routine window down, Hands at 10and2.

He sais, "I pulled you over for the stop sign run at soandso street back there is there a reason you did that sir?"

I respond "yes but before we get to that I must tell you that I am armed and have a CCW how would you like to proceed?"

Officer waves his hand as if to say no worries " why did you run the stop sign?

now at this point I am stunned that I didnt have to produce any ID or be unarmed. I really had not thought about how this would go down. So I explain to him about these Huge 22 inch Mercedes wheels in the back of the Car and how I was concerned that one of them was going to roll into my head.

Officer " Roll down the back window for me"

I roll down window

Officer " Holly **** those are big"

Officer" OK Im a gonna let you off with a warning please drive safe as there are kids out at this time"

I'm no genius but I think the CCW just might have contributed to my good fortune...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-23-2019, 7:48 PM
NATEWA NATEWA is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,467
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Pic of wheels in car?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-23-2019, 8:03 PM
Wizardofodd Wizardofodd is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 31
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Talking

Yea They are ugly but I have to paint them.. A bit too pimpy for me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9760.jpg (96.3 KB, 570 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7324.jpg (93.0 KB, 525 views)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-23-2019, 8:14 PM
WOODY2 WOODY2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 280
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardofodd View Post
Yea They are ugly but I have to paint them.. A bit too pimpy for me...
You weren't kidding about being fugly were you?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-23-2019, 8:16 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IE, CA
Posts: 32,429
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODY2 View Post
You weren't kidding about being fugly were you?
Should have gotten a ticket for having those in your possession.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2019, 8:33 PM
BajaJames83's Avatar
BajaJames83 BajaJames83 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North West SD county
Posts: 4,999
iTrader: 326 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardofodd View Post
Yea They are ugly but I have to paint them.. A bit too pimpy for me...
paint wont help those...

you got lukcy. All bike cops I have met are not so lienient.
__________________
NRA Life Member
USMC 2001-2012

Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-23-2019, 8:38 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IE, CA
Posts: 32,429
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaJames83 View Post
All bike cops I have met are not so lienient.
I actually got a warning from CHP for 82 in a 65 on my Vulcan on the 210 in Arcadia.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-23-2019, 8:40 PM
GlockN'Roll's Avatar
GlockN'Roll GlockN'Roll is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SOUTHERN CAL
Posts: 2,449
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODY2 View Post


You weren't kidding about being fugly were you?

After seeing them, the cop felt you were having a bad enough day already...




And yes, CCW Warnings are widely reported...
__________________

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...

Last edited by GlockN'Roll; 01-23-2019 at 8:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-23-2019, 8:59 PM
WOODY2 WOODY2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 280
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Please post pics after installation
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-23-2019, 9:23 PM
denpython denpython is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,133
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Pic of cop or it didn't happen...lol
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-24-2019, 12:10 AM
Notorious's Avatar
Notorious Notorious is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,603
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Keep the rims in your backseat at all times for good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-24-2019, 12:19 AM
splaturn's Avatar
splaturn splaturn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 115
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardofodd View Post
I respond "yes but before we get to that I must tell you that I am armed and have a CCW a licensed and permitted carrier how would you like to proceed?"
Above is how I would proceed. If there were two and the second just heard "I am armed" it might set things off on the wrong foot.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-24-2019, 12:27 AM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,595
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardofodd View Post
Yea They are ugly but I have to paint them.. A bit too pimpy for me...


Polish a turd it’s still a turd.
__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-24-2019, 12:38 AM
Wizardofodd Wizardofodd is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 31
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
Polish a turd it’s still a turd.
Would you believe those were 5200 retail new?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-24-2019, 12:39 AM
Wizardofodd Wizardofodd is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 31
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denpython View Post
Pic of cop or it didn't happen...lol
Had my dash cams running but turned off the car and they stopped recording...
Wont happen again...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-24-2019, 12:43 AM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,595
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardofodd View Post
Would you believe those were 5200 retail new?


I would not pay $5.20 for those. Probably not even $0.52, too. I don’t know why but I think of a rap video when I see them.
__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-24-2019, 12:52 AM
Livetoride33 Livetoride33 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 279
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

I may be jinxing myself, but after driving 300k miles while living in CA and 175k while living in TX, I got my born again cherry popped early last year. Don’t get me wrong, I got a lot of tickets as a teen in CA (mustang), but the last time I had been ticketed was 2004 I think. Got pulled over on my FZ1 for what I think was a snooping mission in 2012 or 13 and sent off with a warning. No CCW in CA.

Got my CHL in TX, handed it over immediately with my license. Think I was going 5 or 6 over on a little podunk 2 lane road. She wanted to write me but got tired of waiting for me digging through my insurance paperwork looking for one in date. “Ahh screw it, I’m gonna give you a warning..”

Thinking there were a couple of factors in play, but the CHL and being armed definitely helped.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-24-2019, 2:46 AM
wpage's Avatar
wpage wpage is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,365
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

You were lucky
__________________
God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-24-2019, 8:20 AM
Notorious's Avatar
Notorious Notorious is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,603
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Make coffee tables out of those rims. Definitely don't put them on the car.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-24-2019, 8:51 AM
estrom estrom is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 437
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Are you a gopher for BP? Did he send you out to pick those up for him?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-24-2019, 9:00 AM
Whites of Their Eyes's Avatar
Whites of Their Eyes Whites of Their Eyes is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Salida, CA
Posts: 250
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardofodd View Post
So I slow rolled a stop sign today and got lit up by a nice Motorcycle officer. Did the routine window down, Hands at 10and2.

He sais, "I pulled you over for the stop sign run at soandso street back there is there a reason you did that sir?"

I respond "yes but before we get to that I must tell you that I am armed and have a CCW how would you like to proceed?"

Officer waves his hand as if to say no worries " why did you run the stop sign?

now at this point I am stunned that I didnt have to produce any ID or be unarmed. I really had not thought about how this would go down. So I explain to him about these Huge 22 inch Mercedes wheels in the back of the Car and how I was concerned that one of them was going to roll into my head.

Officer " Roll down the back window for me"

I roll down window

Officer " Holly **** those are big"

Officer" OK Im a gonna let you off with a warning please drive safe as there are kids out at this time"

I'm no genius but I think the CCW just might have contributed to my good fortune...
When I was in LE, I honestly probably wouldn't have asked for your CCW either. The only time I ever disarmed a CCW holder was when he was drinking and got arrested for DUI (I disarmed him before doing the FST's).

Contrary to what many believe, most cops are pro 2a and pro CCW. There are obviously exceptions to that. That being said, a CCW by itself never changed my mind on what my course of action was going to be.

Often times, being cooperative and honest (like admitting the violation) would make me decide not to write the citation and/or write it for a less serious offense. I did find that CCW holders tended to be more honest and cooperative.

I also want to add that I agree with others that I would indicate you have a CCW before saying you are armed.
__________________


Utah CCW
Handgun 101
NRA Basic Pistol
Private Instruction

Classes are held statewide

www.whitesofeyes.com
(209) 330-3900
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-24-2019, 9:49 AM
A-J's Avatar
A-J A-J is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,153
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardofodd View Post

I'm no genius but I think the CCW just might have contributed to my good fortune...
I seriously doubt the CCW had anything to do with it. If you look at the stories of the people who got off with a "don't do that again" and those who got the book thrown at them, there's usually a common thread. 99% of the time your attitude is critical in determining whether or not you're getting written. The 1% you're absolutely going to get a ticket, but the attitude can determine how bad it is.

I've been pulled over 5 times on my bike in the 12 years I've been riding. I've gotten zero tickets, even though they had me cold 4 of the 5 times. Number 5 was BS but the officer was cool after the fact.
__________________
It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-25-2019, 6:40 AM
JohnnieBoy's Avatar
JohnnieBoy JohnnieBoy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 318
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Should have gotten a ticket for having those in your possession.
Haha!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by splaturn View Post
Above is how I would proceed. If there were two and the second just heard "I am armed" it might set things off on the wrong foot.
What I would say (have said )... "yes officer but first I need to tell you that I am a ccw holder and am currently carrying." I kept BOTH of my hands on the wheel at 10 o'clock.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-25-2019, 8:42 AM
jmatt511's Avatar
jmatt511 jmatt511 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 446
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockN'Roll View Post
After seeing them, the cop felt you were having a bad enough day already...




And yes, CCW Warnings are widely reported...

I agree with both statements. I didn't cite good guys. Though I would have offered to help you bury them to put you out of your misery. I've never had someone talk themselves out of tickets. Though I've had plenty who talked themselves into one.
__________________
Cry Havoc.... and let slip the Dogs of War.

Shakespeare: Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-25-2019, 8:47 AM
sealocan sealocan is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,323
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Never mind the stop sign,

why did you steal the rims off the original Batmobile ?!?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-25-2019, 9:19 AM
Whites of Their Eyes's Avatar
Whites of Their Eyes Whites of Their Eyes is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Salida, CA
Posts: 250
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatt511 View Post
I agree with both statements. I didn't cite good guys. Though I would have offered to help you bury them to put you out of your misery. I've never had someone talk themselves out of tickets. Though I've had plenty who talked themselves into one.
I definitely had both. There were a few people who had a pretty good excuse, or I kind of felt bad for them, etc.

And of course, there were definitely people who (how should I say this?) definitely demonstrated the propensity to recommit the violation if they did not receive a cite...
__________________


Utah CCW
Handgun 101
NRA Basic Pistol
Private Instruction

Classes are held statewide

www.whitesofeyes.com
(209) 330-3900
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-26-2019, 7:44 AM
God Bless America's Avatar
God Bless America God Bless America is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,312
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardofodd View Post
Would you believe those were 5200 retail new?
Why did you have them?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-26-2019, 7:48 AM
bbgughj bbgughj is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 424
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Sometimes it pays to be upfront and honest ,nice of the officer to let you slide
__________________
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take every thing you have" . - Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-26-2019, 1:50 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IE, CA
Posts: 32,429
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieBoy View Post
What I would say (have said )... "yes officer but first I need to tell you that I am a ccw holder and am currently carrying." I kept BOTH of my hands on the wheel at 10 o'clock.
Bingo.
Clear enough to communicate the status, but vague enough that someone hearing only part of the conversation does not freak out.

"Good morning sir, I need to tell you that I have a license to carry concealed. My ID and permit are on my left hip, I am carrying at 2:30, how would you like to proceed"

Nothing there overheard by the rookie standing out of your view is going to trigger him.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-26-2019, 4:45 PM
mjmagee67's Avatar
mjmagee67 mjmagee67 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Free America, Idaho.
Posts: 2,732
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whites of Their Eyes View Post
When I was in LE, I honestly probably wouldn't have asked for your CCW either. The only time I ever disarmed a CCW holder was when he was drinking and got arrested for DUI (I disarmed him before doing the FST's).

Contrary to what many believe, most cops are pro 2a and pro CCW. There are obviously exceptions to that. That being said, a CCW by itself never changed my mind on what my course of action was going to be.

Often times, being cooperative and honest (like admitting the violation) would make me decide not to write the citation and/or write it for a less serious offense. I did find that CCW holders tended to be more honest and cooperative.

I also want to add that I agree with others that I would indicate you have a CCW before saying you are armed.
^^^^This 110%^^^^

Could have not said it better...
__________________
If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-26-2019, 5:03 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,146
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardofodd View Post
So I slow rolled a stop sign today and got lit up by a nice Motorcycle officer. Did the routine window down, Hands at 10and2.

He sais, "I pulled you over for the stop sign run at soandso street back there is there a reason you did that sir?"

I respond "yes but before we get to that I must tell you that I am armed and have a CCW how would you like to proceed?"

Officer waves his hand as if to say no worries " why did you run the stop sign?

now at this point I am stunned that I didnt have to produce any ID or be unarmed. I really had not thought about how this would go down. So I explain to him about these Huge 22 inch Mercedes wheels in the back of the Car and how I was concerned that one of them was going to roll into my head.

Officer " Roll down the back window for me"

I roll down window

Officer " Holly **** those are big"

Officer" OK Im a gonna let you off with a warning please drive safe as there are kids out at this time"

I'm no genius but I think the CCW just might have contributed to my good fortune...
Butt ugly wheels...the officer should have impounded them for being so painful to look at. What kind of Mercedes would you even put them on ?

Btw... what agency was this officer with?
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-28-2019, 10:15 AM
SISKIN's Avatar
SISKIN SISKIN is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: CULVER CITY
Posts: 321
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

MY out of state ( Nevada ) CCW got me out of a ticket on the 1-25-19 .For i did not have my DL on me at the time .. The LAPD asked me if i had any form of valid picture ID to prove that was who i was saying i was .. so i handed them my CCW... all went well . we had a nice talk about the state of gun laws in CA.. after about 15 min. he gave me my CCW back told me to have a good night ...I live in LA County , or else i would have one for this state ..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:01 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.