Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 5:45 AM

Thumbs down Issue with Signal Hill Turners & now Rancho Cucamonga

UPDATE 3/29/12:
My coworker received his firearm on 3/28/12. Exactly 30 days since initial purchase and all they compensated him for the time wasted and headache was a box of shotgun shells.

Since then, another situation has boiled up but this time at the Rancho Cucamonga location. A friend of mine was supposed to pick up two firearms on 3/28/12. Both firearms were inspected on the day of purchase to come back 10 days later and both firearms were not in the store. He was told that a shipment comes in tomorrow and to come back then...Turners is up to their shenanigans again. I just don't understand how they could do this.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

I took my coworker firearm shopping on February 27 for a shotgun, used primarily for home defense since his house has been getting broken into. We saw the shotgun, started paperwork and got out of there. Later realizing that it seems like Turners charged tax on DROS, which all of us know is illegal but he decided it wasn't a big deal...

10 days later (March 8th) my coworker goes to pick up his shotgun, shows proof of residency and everything is good to go. Turner's employee walks to the back to get the shotgun and comes back out empty handed stating that his shotgun wasn't there. Blaming it on the system that his shotgun is now floating around to another location. This worries me because now a shotgun with a serial number that is attached to his name could be anywhere. He's been calling everyday and his shotgun still has not appeared. Is it possible that the shotgun went through a double sale? i don't know but Turners needs to make this right!

I've always had issues here and there with Turners but I figured since this location is nearest to him, why not give them another chance? So we did, but I didn't think something like this was even possible. Any advice or help please!

Last edited by Carlow202; 03-29-2012 at 5:58 AM..
Old 03-14-2012, 5:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

There is no place to put a SN on a long gun DROS form. I'm willing to bet that the firearm will be coming from their warehouse and no SN has been put on the 4473 yet. So, the big problem is that he's out his time and expenses to pick up his gun without getting it. But, that's all.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 03-14-2012, 6:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
There is no place to put a SN on a long gun DROS form. I'm willing to bet that the firearm will be coming from their warehouse and no SN has been put on the 4473 yet. So, the big problem is that he's out his time and expenses to pick up his gun without getting it. But, that's all.
I had a feeling it was just that and they are beating around the bush until they receive restock from their warehouse. I remember the employee even saying on the day of purchase, "i'll be right back, just going to lock up the shotgun in the back" and he proceeds to walk to the back of the store. Thanks for clarifying though! glad to know that it's possible they haven't put a SN down yet but still bad on their part for letting this happen.
Old 03-14-2012, 8:05 AM

They also didn't charge tax on the DROS fees, it just looks that way on the receipt.
Old 03-14-2012, 9:55 AM

THIS!!!

I warned my coworker that they might not even get the stock in as soon as this week, based on their reputation. I suggested he try and get a full refund and purchase it elsewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmon View Post
I think a pm to TO in this forum will be productive and they do respond in a timely manner.

It looks like whenever there’s an issue, they blame it on their computer system. Similar thing happened to me, I called beforehand and went to pick-up an item that I have already paid for, they told me that there was a computer issue and I have to go back. Good thing this forum exists so Turners would know which aspect of their business needs improvement.

And before any of those brown-nosers complain here about how we shouldn’t be posting negative experiences, I have sutures available for them and volunteering my service to stitch their face into TO’s butt so they don’t have to gasp for air while their cheeks are welded into TO’s azs. Why can’t they just post a positive experience that they like to share, and refrain from mocking calgunners who had negative experiences.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:01 AM

I have a similar story with Signal Hill store as well... I had to wait 16 days on my GSG 1911 that I DROSed Feb 21st. Same story with the gun not arriving. Turners eventually gave me a free box of ammo (20$ worth) to make things right. It was really Bill on this forum that works at Turner's that made it right. The employees at the store were as ignorant and arseholish as ever.

You can see my whole story here... http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=543252

Morale of the story, I am never going to Signal Hill store again for a firearm.. Ive stopped by the one in Orange, and its day and night. They are way more helpful and nice at Orange branch.. its like they care... I also hear good things about Fountain Valley branch but havent been there myself.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmon View Post
And before... ..complain here about how we shouldn’t be posting negative experiences....
There is no problem with stating negative experiences of a specific nature at a Turners location. It's good to post that because it helps TO know what they need to improve. However, not everyone states their complaints in such a fashion. Some people (in understandable frustration) dismiss the entire organization in broad strokes because of isolated negative experiences at a given location. THAT can leave an unfair impression that deserves to be counterpointed.

Last edited by Turner's Outdoorsman; 03-29-2012 at 4:27 PM..
Old 03-14-2012, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeylice View Post
Some people (in understandable frustration) dismiss the entire organization in broad strokes because of isolated negative experiences at a given location. THAT can leave an unfair impression that deserves to be counterpointed.
Those people that you pertain to have issues WITH Turners and their complaints might just save others the frustration of dealing with similar issues in the future.
Old 03-15-2012, 5:18 AM

I remember reading your post awhile back. I didn't realize it was the same location, if I would have payed attention more, I would have taken him elsewhere. Unfortunately they had the shotgun in the store so of course we were expecting it was going to still be there on the 10th day. Well I hope they do something to make things right. Still waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev View Post
I have a similar story with Signal Hill store as well... I had to wait 16 days on my GSG 1911 that I DROSed Feb 21st. Same story with the gun not arriving. Turners eventually gave me a free box of ammo (20$ worth) to make things right. It was really Bill on this forum that works at Turner's that made it right. The employees at the store were as ignorant and arseholish as ever.

You can see my whole story here... http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=543252

Morale of the story, I am never going to Signal Hill store again for a firearm.. Ive stopped by the one in Orange, and its day and night. They are way more helpful and nice at Orange branch.. its like they care... I also hear good things about Fountain Valley branch but havent been there myself.
Old 03-15-2012, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlow202 View Post
I took my coworker firearm shopping on February 27 for a shotgun, used primarily for home defense since his house has been getting broken into. We saw the shotgun, started paperwork and got out of there. Later realizing that it seems like Turners charged tax on DROS, which all of us know is illegal but he decided it wasn't a big deal...

10 days later (March 8th) my coworker goes to pick up his shotgun, shows proof of residency and everything is good to go. Turner's employee walks to the back to get the shotgun and comes back out empty handed stating that his shotgun wasn't there. Blaming it on the system that his shotgun is now floating around to another location. This worries me because now a shotgun with a serial number that is attached to his name could be anywhere. He's been calling everyday and his shotgun still has not appeared. Is it possible that the shotgun went through a double sale? i don't know but Turners needs to make this right!

I've always had issues here and there with Turners but I figured since this location is nearest to him, why not give them another chance? So we did, but I didn't think something like this was even possible. Any advice or help please!
This is not an isolated incident. This exact same thing happend to my boss last week when he went to pick up his new Kimber .45 from the Rancho Cucamonga store. They sold the gun with the serial number on his DROS to someome else (scary). Somehow, they transferred a new Kimber (with a different serial number) from Chino to Rancho Cucamonga for him and gave it to him the next day...
Old 03-19-2012, 4:43 AM

UPDATE: It is March 19th...coworker still has not received his firearm...COME ON TURNERS!!! GET IT TOGETHER!

more details from the coworker...
When my coworker went to go pick up his firearm. He showed his receipt to an employee. the guy pulled out his paperwork and said "you're a resident alien huh?" walked back and spoke to another guy, tumbled through a few boxes. came back out and said "our system is whacked. So next shipment, we don't have yours right now"

There seems to be a bigger issue here. Why does he need to be asked if he's a resident alien again when the form clearly states everything needed for the background check and to purchase a firearm on day 1? I suggested he request his full money back including DROS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaBound View Post
This is not an isolated incident. This exact same thing happend to my boss last week when he went to pick up his new Kimber .45 from the Rancho Cucamonga store. They sold the gun with the serial number on his DROS to someome else (scary). Somehow, they transferred a new Kimber (with a different serial number) from Chino to Rancho Cucamonga for him and gave it to him the next day...
Clearly their system isn't working, yet they still rely on it. Why not check actual printed paperwork to see if the gun is sold or not, better yet, have two separated "stacks", sold and for sale! How much more difficult can it get?!

Last edited by Carlow202; 03-19-2012 at 9:08 AM..
Old 03-19-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlow202 View Post
UPDATE: It is March 19th...coworker still has not received his firearm...COME ON TURNERS!!! GET IT TOGETHER!

more details from the coworker...
When my coworker went to go pick up his firearm. He showed his receipt to an employee. the guy pulled out his paperwork and said "you're a resident alien huh?" walked back and spoke to another guy, tumbled through a few boxes. came back out and said "our system is whacked. So next shipment, we don't have yours right now"

There seems to be a bigger issue here. Why does he need to be asked if he's a resident alien again when the form clearly states everything needed for the background check and to purchase a firearm on day 1? I suggested he request his full money back including DROS.

Clearly their system isn't working, yet they still rely on it. Why not check actual printed paperwork to see if the gun is sold or not, better yet, have two separated "stacks", sold and for sale! How much more difficult can it get?!
Maybe TO brought up the resident alien part to make sure they have 90 days proof of residency? Sorry to hear about your friends experience, I hope it all works out for your friend.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoutxkastx View Post
Maybe TO brought up the resident alien part to make sure they have 90 days proof of residency? Sorry to hear about your friends experience, I hope it all works out for your friend.
Thanks for the input. That's what i thought also but he had the proper documentation with him on pick up (utility for the past 3 months of the current residence). We'll see how it pans out, I suggested to him again to just get his money back.
Old 03-28-2012, 2:20 PM

UPDATE: After calling them and waiting on hold...according to Turners....His shotgun has arrived...anyone ever had a 30 Day DROS? LOL. This has just turned into a laughing matter. what a joke this place is. Hopefully they do have it when he arrives at the store.
Old 04-01-2012, 2:52 PM

My co worker has had issues with them to. I think he is still waiting to hear from the guy that has a email address listed in here some where. If, they make it right for him I will let you know. Still waiting though, sorry to hear your friend having issues as well