Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 8:54 PM
Banned

I am so disheartened with the VCSD's policy on GCS denials. There are literally MILLIONS of people who simply pay about $60, get fingerprinted and can CCW less than 60 days later walking around the country. No interview, no $250 training class and there is no crimes connected with these people. The GCS denial smells fishy and looks like backroom justice... of racism, of cronyism, of favoritism and corruption.

Unless an Investigator can point to a specific incident...behavior...condition (mental or physical) its a corrupted investigation or process.

I have never been arrested.
I have never been a person of interest in a criminal investigation.
I have never been questioned by police aside from my arrest reports (I was once a Loss Prevention Officer / Manager with over 250 arrests both shoplifting and embezzlement)
I have never been in a civilian conflict requiring LEO attention other than when I have called to have a person I arrested taken to be processed.
I drink less alcohol than most people I know, including LEO and even then its rare for me.
I have never been addicted to drugs and I take no drugs.
I served in the Military for 8 years, 26 months of which working for NIS (now NCIS).
I was issued all 3 levels of Security Clearance with the Department of Defense.
Honorable discharge RE-E1 code, the highest possible.

...BUT I already know I will never be allowed to have a LTC issued from VCSD under the current policy. Why? because my GCS is, "I do not wish to place the safety and security of myself and my family SOLELY on 911. I want the ability to defend myself with justifiable deadly force against deadly force."
Old 08-21-2012, 3:32 AM
Veteran Member

I agree with you, the process is corrupt.

Don't look for any help from the media either. I contacted the writer for the VC Star who covered the court rulings and reported on Calguns victory against VCSO relative to the release of approved GC Statements. I pointed out that Sheriff Dean approved 'self defense' GC's as the released documents indicate, yet he continues to deny other applicants who use the EXACT GC statement, Self Defense. There is an obvious bias being applied by Sherriff Dean that should be investigated. In the end, VC Star did not want to conduct 'investigative' reporting.

At this point in VC a law abiding citizen who has tried the LTC process and was denied then denied on appeal, needs to ask themselves a simple question;
Are the odds of being attacked in my community greater than the odds of being arrested for illegal concealed carry? Those odds are not effected on having a 'LTC'

-178S
Old 08-25-2012, 9:08 PM

Is it an arrest for unliscenced concealed carry? I was under the impression it was not. And at this point, with our current administration, concealed is concealed.
Old 09-24-2012, 7:55 PM

I hate to post again but it seems we have fallen behind ,ore important causes. Any progress with approvals? Any reason to reapply?
Old 09-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member

I've g
Old 09-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

I have given up any hope in this county to issue a ltc. Especially after seeing everyone else apply and get denied.
Old 09-25-2012, 3:34 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicwedgy View Post
I hate to post again but it seems we have fallen behind ,ore important causes. Any progress with approvals? Any reason to reapply?
The release of approved good cause statements, and the subsequent denials for the same GC self defense, shows status quo for the office.

Calgunner Connor P Price was taking information (previous page in this thread) earlier in the summer for some effort. Not sure where that is going.

News is OC Sherrif is being sued by CRPA and NRA over their "good cause" requirement. Perhaps they will get a favorable ruling that we can leverage off here in VC.

-178S

Last edited by One78Shovel; 09-25-2012 at 3:40 AM..
Old 10-05-2012, 11:47 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

I was denied based on GCS.

Although, I was awarded a 5yr restraining order using the same GCS (against an self-admitted drug using ex, with a habitial criminal record of physical violence). I wish I had known her past, prior to dating her..

If it were realistically possible, I'd move to a better county.

Last edited by benjaminh98; 10-05-2012 at 11:50 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 4:16 AM

Deleted, not needed.

Last edited by Ima2Avoter; 12-04-2012 at 4:52 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 4:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima2Avoter View Post
try a different state, better chances
Yeah, that's helpful.
Old 12-04-2012, 4:50 AM

Sorry if it was too glib for you, I deleted it and you're right. It's not helpful to suggest tuck tail and run. I went the app route and it was a dismal adventure. Got tired of the BS from CA and left for parts better suited to my life and ways. I'm not a criminal, and like others here I just grew too tired to continue.

Last edited by Ima2Avoter; 12-04-2012 at 4:53 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 6:25 AM
Veteran Member

I am really surprised that after winning the case to mandate the release of approved GC statements, and the subsequent denials since then for exact GC's, that there has not been further movement against the VC Sherrif department. Like I said earlier, I contacted the reporter who covered the legal litigation at the VC Star to ask for a follow-up. His silence indicates to me the Star is not interested in investigative reporting.

I can't afford it, but I wish there was someone who could, and in turn, take the VC Sheriffs Dept to court.

I would be willing to contribute to a legal fund if someone was interested.

Sheriff Dean needs to be held accountable for the double standard.

-178S
Old 12-04-2012, 7:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One78Shovel View Post
I am really surprised that after winning the case to mandate the release of approved GC statements, and the subsequent denials since then for exact GC's, that there has not been further movement against the VC Sherrif department. Like I said earlier, I contacted the reporter who covered the legal litigation at the VC Star to ask for a follow-up. His silence indicates to me the Star is not interested in investigative reporting.

I can't afford it, but I wish there was someone who could, and in turn, take the VC Sheriffs Dept to court.

-178S

It really is pathetic our law enforcement does not support the 2nd Amendment rights of responsible law abiding citizens to carry a firearm, open or concealed.

A good cause statement should not be needed. My "good cause" is in defense of myself, my family, and the 2nd Amendment. I see no reason why we need to say anything more.

Last edited by TacticalPlinker; 12-04-2012 at 11:59 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 8:29 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Has anyone who knows of this thread been approved for LTC in the past six months? It seemed that earlier in the thread, at least a few people were obtaining their LTC successfully, but lately, it seems more hopeless.

My Father in Law lives up in Coarsegold, Ca. on the way up to Yosemite. Up there in Fresno and Madera Counties, it is for all purposes, "shall issue" he took his class and is waiting for his LTC to arrive in the mail. He used to live in Ojai and he can't believe what a crock trying to protect your family and life is down here. So unfair, so unjust. So far, I have my FFL03, COE, have a trust and an AOW in process, my last goal for living in this anti-gun county in this anti-gun state is to obtain my LTC. Have been putting off applying though, hoping to see some positive movement on this here in VC but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Maybe I should just go for it anyway? I have been told by a few LTC holders that my GC sounds decent, but of course, they don't make the decisions. I am also casual social friends with a Sheriff who works under Sheriff Dean, he is pretty well known and high up within the department, wonder if exploring the subject with him would help or hinder my case? I am not close friends, this person is just in my social circle. Hmm...

Advice?
Old 12-12-2012, 6:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by One78Shovel View Post

-178S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
It really is pathetic our law enforcement does not support the 2nd Amendment rights of responsible law abiding citizens to carry a firearm, open or concealed.

A good cause statement should not be needed. My "good cause" is in defense of myself, my family, and the 2nd Amendment. I see no reason why we need to say anything more.

Why would any organization duplicate the efforts that were / are ongoing in the Richards v. Yolo County and Peruta v. San Diego county cases? There were argued & submitted at the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals on 12/6....

Let’s see what we get in a few months....
Old 01-24-2013, 9:38 AM

I am currently in process in Ventura County. Have had background check and interview. The detective was nice, even friendly and seemed genuinely sympathetic. I am currently waiting approval/denial should know by mid March.

"One to the head keeps them dead, but a double tap is worth the lead." - Larry Ray
Old 01-24-2013, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryRay's View Post
I am currently in process in Ventura County. Have had background check and interview. The detective was nice, even friendly and seemed genuinely sympathetic. I am currently waiting approval/denial should know by mid March.
How long has the process taken from application submittable to interview?
Old 03-18-2013, 7:42 AM

Default LTC Ventura County

I got my renewal. Was treated extremely courteously. Maria (the lady who processes the application) even remembered me from 2 years ago, I had a telephone interview by the detective.
Got my renewal in the mail just two days before expiration.
Wrote a thank you letter to the sheriff and mentioned the names of the folks I was in contact with thanking them for the professional courteous treatment.
Don't know why I am hearing all the complaints about the system.
This is a good sheriff we have!

When you get your permit (if you do) write a letter. The guys "on the ground" appreciate it and the Sheriff lets them know.
Hey maybe if you don't get one send the sheriff a letter that you intend to resubmit and appreciate the professional service you received.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:37 AM

Wow .. Just checked into this site for info on CCW .. looks like I have a long way to go .. just getting started ..

Good to see AtomicWedgy on board here .. Buddy of mine from another web community .. "Hey Wedgy .. wuts up?"

Last edited by Big Blue Daddy; 03-31-2013 at 12:41 AM..
Old 03-31-2013, 2:11 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

So based on the collective experience of this group, what does the Sherifs Dept consider to be "Good Cause"? Is living in a shady part of town good cause?
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Old 04-04-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denubilo View Post
I got my renewal. Was treated extremely courteously. Maria (the lady who processes the application) even remembered me from 2 years ago, I had a telephone interview by the detective.
Got my renewal in the mail just two days before expiration.
Wrote a thank you letter to the sheriff and mentioned the names of the folks I was in contact with thanking them for the professional courteous treatment.
Don't know why I am hearing all the complaints about the system.
This is a good sheriff we have!

When you get your permit (if you do) write a letter. The guys "on the ground" appreciate it and the Sheriff lets them know.
Hey maybe if you don't get one send the sheriff a letter that you intend to resubmit and appreciate the professional service you received.
If he was a good sheriff, then he would be "Shall Issue". Not "Maybe issue for a Good Cause statement that feels like it's good enough for me to pass arbitrary judgement upon."

Old 04-11-2013, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Daddy View Post
Wow .. Just checked into this site for info on CCW .. looks like I have a long way to go .. just getting started ..

Good to see AtomicWedgy on board here .. Buddy of mine from another web community .. "Hey Wedgy .. wuts up?"
Whats up blue. Best of luck through the LTC process.
Old 04-24-2013, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryRay's View Post
curious if you were denied or approved

-Raul
Old 05-15-2013, 1:53 AM

tagged for info
Old 06-04-2013, 10:15 AM

I was literally denied at the first step of the process. I made an appointment, showed up and submitted my app and they told me to wait to speak to an investigator. The investigator came out with my app and told me not to bother as I did not have anything which increased my threat level. I suppose it was nice to save the money but seriously what the hell. I am a professional firearms instructor with a spotless record. I personally know several people with weaker GC statements which got approved. It was quite disheartening..
Old 07-30-2013, 7:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock22fs View Post
I was literally denied at the first step of the process. I made an appointment, showed up and submitted my app and they told me to wait to speak to an investigator. The investigator came out with my app and told me not to bother as I did not have anything which increased my threat level. I suppose it was nice to save the money but seriously what the hell. I am a professional firearms instructor with a spotless record. I personally know several people with weaker GC statements which got approved. It was quite disheartening..
That sucks. Im moving to Ventura in a couple months and thought it was a bit friendlier than LA County.
Old 07-30-2013, 2:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock22fs View Post
More of the same from these guys. A lot of good it did getting them to release approved GC. So now we know at least they are out in the open with their bias.

This is ridiculous.

You showed you followed the process to carry legally. However, criminals could care less so a law abiding citizen needs to do what he needs to do to protect himself and family.

Rice paper not-withstanding.

-178S
Old 08-12-2013, 1:25 PM
Banned
CGN Contributor

I just got back from getting my paperwork in and prints taken and $125 paid. Next step after the background check seems to be meeting an investigator.

Peter Grace AI6PG Technical Project Manager
Old 08-14-2013, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6pg View Post
I just got back from getting my paperwork in and prints taken and $125 paid. Next step after the background check seems to be meeting an investigator.

Good luck, please keep us posted of your progress.

Ill be moving to Simi next month and plan on applying shortly after.
Old 08-14-2013, 4:42 PM
Banned
CGN Contributor

Thanks. I shoot at oak tree gun club. Hope to meet some of you there.

Old 08-19-2013, 2:11 PM

Default GC Statements

Where is the list of good cause statements from Ventura County Posted?
Old 08-20-2013, 4:52 PM

Any agricultural inspectors on here get issued LTC? Wondering if I have a chance or not. Would like to carry on the job. Deal with some dangerous and angry people out there.
Old 08-21-2013, 3:16 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Still noticing that nobody in this thread who as applied or was in process has been approved in the last almost year, save for the one renewal.

I have ran through all of the released GC statements for VC and it looks as if doing cash bank deposits of sizable amounts stands a better chance than most. I have three friends who have businesses in VC who deposit between $10k and 100k weekly who are going to apply. Will keep everyone abreast of their results.

Old 09-11-2013, 1:35 PM

i would like to see the list of GC statements also...Highlander gave me the link to this tread and i read every post from the beginning as i didnt want to miss anything..after a couple hrs i decided to go to the last page wth high hopes...they were quickly dashed as i see frm the current posts that it appears that our law abiding citizens are not being issued concealed carry permits.. Ventura county is my only hope of getting a CCW in calif...i dont even live in VC right now but i may start looking to purchase a home in Simi...(maybe ill rent a place till i can buy)...all i can do is hope things get better in the future...
Old 09-12-2013, 7:03 AM

I renewed recently...

Sawdust
Old 09-24-2013, 9:36 AM

Just moved into Simi Valley, very happy camper so far

Will be looking through the application process but am also interested on where to find the Ventura County good cause statements.
Old 10-03-2013, 6:44 AM

Cmon fellas, anyone?
Old 10-29-2013, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike27t View Post
Cmon fellas, anyone?
Try this: http://www.calccw.com/Forums/general...tml#post295592
Old 11-17-2013, 7:38 PM

ok, so i am currently waiting to be denied for my ccw. had my interview and all that. but just on the off chance it goes threw, can i get some advise on which class/instructor any one used to get there 16 hours. clearly im looking to the cheapest and any group type classes should be at a lower cost? how many classes where needed to get the 16 hours? any help would be nice.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:18 PM

I don't know the cheapest but Mr Flores works out of shooters paradise a day is very nice guy.
Closed Thread