Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 10-19-2017, 11:28 AM

Default Full Auto BB Guns

I saw this YouTube video today and it looks kinda cool to play around with and maybe pest control. Anyone know if these are regulated in Commiefornia?
Old 10-19-2017, 11:32 AM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

legal

Check out the SMG22 belt fed/drum fed 22 pellet from Air Ordnance.

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness

Last edited by SkyHawk; 10-19-2017 at 11:37 AM..
Old 11-01-2017, 8:44 AM
Veteran Member

Pyramid Air has replica of German WWII MP 40 - looks like a ton of fun
Completely legit
"The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.
Old 11-21-2017, 2:53 PM

A Russian company has been making a full auto that is really popular. It is called Drodz and variations of that. It is very nice. I believe the Drodz is one of the first full autos.
Old 11-21-2017, 5:10 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith1911 View Post
I saw this YouTube video today and it looks kinda cool to play around with and maybe pest control. Anyone know if these are regulated in Commiefornia?
Just needs to comply with CA imitation firearm laws.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 11-21-2017, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
Just needs to comply with CA imitation firearm laws.
Oh, Good Lord! There's an imitation firearm law in California??
Old 11-21-2017, 5:43 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienHobo View Post
Oh, Good Lord! There's an imitation firearm law in California??
Yes, it passed because it was "for the children".

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 11-21-2017, 5:49 PM
retired Goon

Default CA imitation firearm laws

Applicable CA laws...

Penal Code 16250
(a) As used in this part, “BB device” means any instrument that expels a projectile, such as a BB or a pellet, through the force of air pressure, gas pressure, or spring action, or any spot marker gun.

Penal Code 16700
(a)(1) As used in this part, “imitation firearm” means any BB device, toy gun, replica of a firearm, or other device that is so substantially similar in coloration and overall appearance to an existing firearm as to lead a reasonable person to perceive that the device is a firearm.

Penal Code 19910
Every person who sells any BB device to a minor is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Penal Code 19915
(a) Every person who furnishes any BB device to any minor, without the express or implied permission of a parent or legal guardian of the minor, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
(b) As used in this section, “furnishes” means either of the following:
(1) A loan.
(2) A transfer that does not involve a sale.

Penal Code 20150
(a) Any person who changes, alters, removes, or obliterates any coloration or markings that are required by any applicable state or federal law or regulation, for any imitation firearm, or any device described in subdivision (b) of Section 16700, in a way that makes the imitation firearm or device look more like a firearm, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
(b) This section does not apply to a manufacturer, importer, or distributor of imitation firearms.
(c) This section does not apply to lawful use in theatrical productions, including motion pictures, television, and stage productions.

Penal Code 20170
(a) No person may openly display or expose any imitation firearm in a public place.
(b) As used in this section, “public place” means an area open to the public and includes any of the following:
(1) A street.
(2) A sidewalk.
(3) A bridge.
(4) An alley.
(5) A plaza.
(6) A park.
(7) A driveway.
(8) A front yard.
(9) A parking lot.
(10) An automobile, whether moving or not.
(11) A building open to the general public, including one that serves food or drink, or provides entertainment.
(12) A doorway or entrance to a building or dwelling.
(13) A public school.
(14) A public or private college or university.

Penal Code 20175
Section 20170 does not apply in any of the following circumstances:
(a) The imitation firearm is packaged or concealed so that it is not subject to public viewing.
(b) The imitation firearm is displayed or exposed in the course of commerce, including a commercial film or video production, or for service, repair, or restoration of the imitation firearm.
(c) The imitation firearm is used in a theatrical production, a motion picture, video, television, or stage production.
(d) The imitation firearm is used in conjunction with a certified or regulated sporting event or competition.
(e) The imitation firearm is used in conjunction with lawful hunting, or a lawful pest control activity.
(f) The imitation firearm is used or possessed at a certified or regulated public or private shooting range.
(g) The imitation firearm is used at a fair, exhibition, exposition, or other similar activity for which a permit has been obtained from a local or state government.
(h) The imitation firearm is used in a military, civil defense, or civic activity, including a flag ceremony, color guard, parade, award presentation, historical reenactment, or memorial.
(i) The imitation firearm is used for a public display authorized by a public or private school or a display that is part of a museum collection.
(j) The imitation firearm is used in a parade, ceremony, or other similar activity for which a permit has been obtained from a local or state government.
(k) The imitation firearm is displayed on a wall plaque or in a presentation case.
(l) The imitation firearm is used in an area where the discharge of a firearm is lawful.
(m) The entire exterior surface of the imitation firearm is white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern, or the entire device is constructed of transparent or translucent material that permits unmistakable observation of the device’s complete contents. Merely having an orange tip as provided in federal law and regulations does not satisfy this requirement. The entire surface must be colored or transparent or translucent.

Old 11-21-2017, 6:47 PM

Some years back, there was a Freon powered machine gun that fired BBs. Unfortunately, Lundgren's(IIRC) DOJ declared it to be a machine gun, and therefore illegal.
Has that changed?

Last edited by Sailormilan2; 11-21-2017 at 7:34 PM..
Old 11-21-2017, 7:06 PM

That Beretta looked fun.
Old 11-21-2017, 7:23 PM

When I was a kid they had a BB machine gun advertisement that used Freon. I wanted one so bad. I also want the x-ray sunglasses too! Ow I think the pyramid one is a good bet.
Old 11-21-2017, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Helio View Post
When I was a kid they had a BB machine gun advertisement that used Freon. I wanted one so bad. I also want the x-ray sunglasses too! Ow I think the pyramid one is a good bet.
I bought one of those back in the 80s, it was super awesome but only lasted 1.5 cans of Freon.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Helio View Post
When I was a kid they had a BB machine gun advertisement that used Freon. I wanted one so bad.
LARC M19A, 3000 BB's a minute, except the barrel would ice up after a short burst using Freon. They came with a compressed air adapter, but you had to set the pressure to 60 psi. Then it would put BB's through both sides of a coffee can at 30ft, and empty a pint of BB's before you could let go of the trigger. The plastic body would come apart at 100 psi.
I still have mine in the box. Met a guy on the Gunbroker forums that lived in Brownsville, TX and worked in a machine shop. He blew his apart with too much pressure, so he duplicated the plastic body in aircraft aluminum. He tested it it up to 200 psi, and said BB's would would go all the through his cedar board fence.
Old 12-01-2017, 1:53 PM

Went out once with a Baikal belonging to my neighbor. Kind of fun, bulky.. Wouldn't want one myself. Would have, though as a kid.
Old 12-29-2017, 4:39 PM
CGSSA Leader

Umarex currently puts out a model called the Steel Storm, it runs on 2 CO2 cartridges at the same time and is rated at 400 FPS and looks like an M4