Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 03-28-2017, 8:09 PM

Default My First Appleseed at Ramseur, NC

I went to my first Appleseed last weekend. I live in Southern California but my brother-in-law lives in NC so we went to the one in Ramseur. I had never shot with a sling. I learned just enough about the sling to be able to put in on my rifle before I left for NC with the idea I would let them teach me the right way from the start.

I shot my Ruger 10-22 that I built up, and it worked flawlessly. Everything lined up just right because I earned my Rifleman's patch early on Sunday with a score of 213. My high for the day was 234.

You know how they say you get what you pay for? Well, that isn't always true. I got way more for the $60 I paid for the weekend than I could have imagined. The guys who helped us were amazing. They were so patient and helped us make one small improvement after the other to improve our marksmanship. That and an excellent telling of the origins of the American Revolution made for the best weekend ever.

Gear: Ruger 10-22 put together with:
-stock Ruger receiver
-Kidd barrel
-stock bolt
-Kidd trigger
-Hogue overmolded stock
-Nikon Prostaff EFR rimfire scope
-cloth GI sling
-SK Standard Plus ammo, for which I paid about 11ยข a round.

I'm looking forward to taking my son and a friend to an Appleseed some time this summer. I'm hooked!
Old 03-28-2017, 8:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Awesome. I've heard nothing but good things and have been meaning to get to one. Glad to hear you enjoyed it and learned a thing or two.