Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 10-01-2017, 8:54 AM

Default IWB input for CCW - Glock 30SF

Greetings fellow Calgunner's.

Looking for input on an IWB holster for a Glock 30SF.

Style I am looking for is similar to the DeSantis Cozy Partner, Galco Royal Guard or ???. I would like leather. Open to anything similar to this:

Looking for input from those that carry either of these holsters or a different brand but same style. Open to other manufacturers even small shops who do custom work.

Looking forward to hearing suggestions.
Old 10-07-2017, 8:23 PM
Cry Havok!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aws1963 View Post
Greetings fellow Calgunner's.

Looking for input on an IWB holster for a Glock 30SF.

Style I am looking for is similar to the DeSantis Cozy Partner, Galco Royal Guard or ???. I would like leather. Open to anything similar to this:

Looking for input from those that carry either of these holsters or a different brand but same style. Open to other manufacturers even small shops who do custom work.

Looking forward to hearing suggestions.
The cozy partner is the exact holster i use when carrying my g30.
I dont carry it much anymore since i added my g32 to my ccw (25 year old g22 mags ftwJ it worked well and is comfortable.
I have been wearing the bladetech klipt lately which i like a lot.
"Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.
Old 10-08-2017, 8:05 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don the savage View Post
The cozy partner is the exact holster i use when carrying my g30.
I dont carry it much anymore since i added my g32 to my ccw (25 year old g22 mags ftwJ it worked well and is comfortable.
I have been wearing the bladetech klipt lately which i like a lot.
The Klipt is a super cheap holster that you can get for most pistols,

while you decide which holster and where you're going to carry your new acquisition.

Often my first holster purchase for a new carry gun or a gun which I don't normally carry in my home state...
Old 10-08-2017, 8:41 AM

Can't recommend any leather holsters but my co-worker wears a glock 30 at 4:00 using a sticky holster and loves it.

Old 10-08-2017, 8:51 AM
☆☆ More Cowbell ☆☆
CGN Contributor

I use the DeSantis Mad Max for the G17 to carry G30S and G41. I have a cozy partner that I got with another gun, but I do not like it. The close spacing of the loops really makes it a single loop, and the holster rotates all over. The skinny loops don't help matters. The grip of the gun is never in the same place or where I expect it to be. Plus the loops being right on the gun makes the whole rig thicker than a VM2 style holster with the loops well forward and back of the gun, and it does nothing to pull the grip in close to your body.

You will have to stretch the Mad Max to fit the G30, but that is par for the course with leather anyhow. You can also order a Milt Sparks Versa Max made for the G30 but be prepared to pay and wait. Well worth it though IMO.

Check out Nightingale if you really want to splurge / appreciate finer things and don't mind waiting 7 - 8 months. I carry my Nighthawk in his Raptor holster and will probably get one for my G30S. They are $300+ fully optioned (full grain liner, sharkskin or elephant trim), but on Veterans Day he usually runs a 15% - 20% off promo and that is when I strike.

https://www.nightingaleleather.com

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness

Last edited by SkyHawk; 10-08-2017 at 9:32 AM..
Old 10-11-2017, 10:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Versa Max 2 for the win