Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 05-19-2017, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member

Default Starting the Process...Questions

Hey CCWers, just investigating the start of the process. Not 100% sure what I'm doing.....appreciate any clarification

-- I saw the application on the DOJ website.....do I fill it out and would be sending it in ELECTRONICALLY when completed, or am I filling in the computer form and printing to send in?

-- Other needed documents/ID are sent in with this application TOGETHER, AS A PACKAGE.....or am I sending other necessary documents in SEPARATELY in an email after?

-- At what point am I making an INITIAL INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT, right now, as part of this initial application sent in? Or am I calling in to find a date....or checking available appointments on a website SEPARATELY from this initial application?

EDIT: Ignore these newbie questions, figured it out in Post #2 and 3

Sorry for the newb questions.....just want to get it correct.

Last edited by Erion929; 06-02-2017 at 2:47 PM..
Old 05-19-2017, 2:27 PM

Get a single folder and put your application and all good cause statement/supporting documents in it. You will give this to the clerk first thing and they will pass it on to the interviewing officer. They will end up keeping everything in the folder so make copies if you want. You are going to go to your county sheriff website and email them for an appointment. For me they were scheduling 6 months out. I didn't send anything electronic, just get the appointment and have everything printed and ready to present on your day of the appointment. The staff that helped me were very polite and helpful
Old 05-19-2017, 2:33 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for that info, Blue . BTW, I'm in Orange County....

Ohhh, so NOTHING is sent in at first.....just get the appointment scheduled first, and then bring everything to that initial appointment day?

**EDIT: Crap....when in doubt, go read the fugging instructions, LOL. It's all on the OC Sheriff's website . Make the future interview appointment first

Sorry for the wasted bandwidth

Last edited by Erion929; 05-19-2017 at 3:03 PM..
Old 06-01-2017, 3:43 PM

I also recommend that if you haven't, enroll yourself at Artemis Defense for their Pre CCW class (free). You'll gain some knowledge prior to going in for your initial interview and what to look for. You can ask questions during the pre ccw class. He'll also help overlook/articulate your good cause if needed. Best of luck to you.
Old 06-02-2017, 2:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slixx1320 View Post
I also recommend that if you haven't, enroll yourself at Artemis Defense for their Pre CCW class (free). You'll gain some knowledge prior to going in for your initial interview and what to look for. You can ask questions during the pre ccw class. He'll also help overlook/articulate your good cause if needed. Best of luck to you.

Yep, slixx, I already signed up for the free class @Artemis

I want to make sure CCW is for me, get some insight into the (strict) regulations, and get immersed into CCW. I think it's going to create a whole different mindset for me to adapt to....nothing to take lightly.