Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 09-22-2017, 6:53 AM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Default Nintendo Switch?

Not big on consoles but it's Nintendo so Mariokart, Zelda, I really want it...anyone tried it yet?
Old 09-22-2017, 6:58 AM
Veteran Member

Nope. Not buying Nintendo anymore. Waybetter consoles for the money.
The novelty of going mobile is negated by the horrible battery life of the device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitune2013 View Post
Unban me from the marketplace moderators, pretty one sided **** show yall are putting on over here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria526 View Post
I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself
Old 09-22-2017, 8:19 AM
Calguns Addict

I actually bought one last week. I was see-sawing on getting one ever since it launched. I haven't been a console person at all for the last 15 years. I think the last major console I bought was a PS2 (which was resold 2 months later to buy a shotgun).

I think it's a fun, interesting gaming device. If you can get one for the actual MSRP or under, I say go for it. It's 'only' $300. Worst case, you find out you don't like it after a few weeks, you can dump it on eBay right before Christmas when people are scrambling to get one for a gift.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Old 09-22-2017, 12:36 PM

My son bought one for his kids. Amazing graphics and game play. Mario cart is real fun to play on it. I think he paid way too much for it but he and they like it.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:20 PM

its a lot of fun. Just now finally more good games coming out besides Zelda. It was pretty slim picking for first 6 months or so for good games. I have 3 games now worth playing, they are adding a lot of retro titles as well as downloads.
Old 09-25-2017, 6:23 PM
retired Goon

I believe Nintendo has stated that they will not have enough inventory to supply the Christmas rush. So, if you want one, get it soon. And if you don't like it, flip it during the Christmas rush.

The games to get for it, seem to be... Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and Splatoon 2.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 09-25-2017 at 6:26 PM..
Old 09-26-2017, 5:05 PM

WE have had one for a couple of months. It basically takes everything that was good about the 3ds and everything that was good about the WiiU and combined it into one package. Nintendo has really combined their handheld line and home console line into one device. The games on it are quite fun and it works well hooked up to a HDTV or on the go as a handheld. The other big plus is it has a large focus on traditional split screen couch coop or MP games. That makes it fun because you can have multiple people playing at once in a lot of the games.

Overall, I’m pretty impressed with it, and I haven’t liked anything by Nintendo a lot since the N64.