Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:02 AM

Goal Zero Portable Solar Power Essentials Kit
$69.99

http://sellout.woot.com/offers/goal-...018857#tracked
Old 04-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Calguns Addict

LA POLICE GEAR 12% off April 1st code "sundaysundaysunday" free shipping over $89

10 round Mecgar Browning Hipower Mag ... ran out but on backorder $24
http://www.lapolicegear.com/mecgar-m...mgbrhp10b.html

Sizes 9-10 regular, wide and half sizes Bates RAT boot - $40 steal (minus the 12%)
http://www.lapolicegear.com/co-bates...-usmc-rat.html
I wanted another pair of size 12 but was out of luck - if you want other sizes check Sportsman's Guide for $14 more still worth it for awesome boots... boots worth dealing with the clowns @ Sportsman's Guide? YES

C Products 10 round AR mag $13 (minus the 12%)
http://www.lapolicegear.com/cpd-1023...23-or-sss.html

Elite First Aid Trauma Kit in stock in ACU,OD,BLK, RED in a Voodoo molle pouch... Tan backorder $25 (minus the 12%)
http://www.lapolicegear.com/efa-fa142-trauma-kit.html

Shellback Tactical Banshee PC $170 all colors including Multicam (minus the 12%)
http://www.lapolicegear.com/shellbac...tecarrier.html

Condor MOPC Multicam in stock $95.95 (minus the 12%)
http://www.lapolicegear.com/multicam...e-carrier.html
Old 04-01-2014, 11:50 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Harbor Freight is giving away 3 free gifts in April. Coupon needed.
http://www.harborfreight.com/
Old 04-01-2014, 12:04 PM

.. when did this become just an ad listing thread?
After watching WTC Bldg #7 being razed, and considering it's main occupants..

I stumbled onto this note while checking advanced weapons..
"911 = false flag. WTC 7 was brought down by demolition. 47 floors came down in 6 1/2 seconds - not hit by a plane. Just one of hundreds of absurdities that occurred that day. Wake up".
Old 04-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkevin View Post
Uhm... page ONE post number ONE I think.
Old 04-01-2014, 1:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Aren't most "good deals" advertised somewhere?
Old 04-01-2014, 1:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
Maybe an objection to too much detail or too many links in my post? I don't work for any sites I post or get anything. Just sharing, and I don't post till MY order is in

I just like me some details.
Old 04-01-2014, 1:56 PM
Calguns Addict

"30off" coupon still active for $299 half case of 147 grain supersonic 300 AAC from OZARK

http://www.ozarkordnance.com/300-AAC...-500_p_12.html
Old 04-01-2014, 1:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Mountain House 72 hour food kit - $43.54 shipped (PRIME eligible)
http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-House...7208446&sr=1-3
Old 04-01-2014, 2:53 PM

This is a great deal for a 14w portable solar charger. http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Ultr...+solar+charger

Make sure to use the shop2a link if you take advantage. Disclaimer, I work for the manufacturer but we are selling below cost so I can assure you its a good deal. Similar ones sell for 69.99. Its on sale until we can get it moving which may be awhile. Im only posting because Im buying from Amazon instead of work because its cheaper than my employee price which is our landed cost.

Looks like the exact same as what Opteka carries, we probably have the same factory.

Last edited by gundad; 04-01-2014 at 3:07 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 4:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundad View Post
This is a great deal for a 14w portable solar charger. http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Ultr...+solar+charger
Looks like the exact same as what Opteka carries, we probably have the same factory.
That looks like a great deal especially compared to a 7W unit for $70.
Old 04-01-2014, 8:53 PM

Quote:
My point was.. is this ad space or something someone found a good deal on.

I'll take personal experience over a sellers line any day, you be the judge.

"911 = false flag. WTC 7 was brought down by demolition. 47 floors came down in 6 1/2 seconds - not hit by a plane. Just one of hundreds of absurdities that occurred that day. Wake up".
Old 04-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Banned

Well as long as the post isn't from an actual vendor pimping their wares (or a shill) I don't see the problem.

Like I said, most all of the "good deals" in this thread were originally found by the posters via an advertisement of some sort and the easiest way to pass on the info is to simply cut/paste the link to the ad in here.

Even personal experience can be subjective, as what's considered acceptable performance of an item can vary greatly between individuals.
Old 04-04-2014, 8:00 AM

I guess I really shouldn't care.. done.

I thought the thread had more of a home grown theme going.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
My point was.. is this ad space or something someone found a good deal on.

I'll take personal experience over a sellers line any day, you be the judge.
Yeah sometimes it is a tough call and people sound like they are in Marketing. But maybe they just like their score and want to share it. I buy a lot of stuff. I am NOT in Marketing. I buy stuff and only get excited enough to sound like I am selling it when it is a good deal on a quality item I think other people will like here. Or I just post the link and shut up.

I do have personal experience with it or I am considering buying it because I know it is a great deal. I can't always afford to buy all this stuff, but someone might need it. I actually cannot think of a deal I posted that I didn't buy and use.

Best boots under $200 - Bates RAT boots. I love these things. I have been wearing them everyday. No break-in tons of support, best boots for under $50 ever, and best boots under $200 for me ever.

The best inexpensive range bag I have is the $29 LAPG big BOB or gear bag. I just packed it up for a range trip tomorrow and it is awesome. Two or three handguns, ammo, tools, cleaning supplies, handun ammo and rifle ammo, eyes/ears, mags, etc... all fit with no problem. I use the smaller $20 bag daily and it is also great, but not enough room for the range unless you bring one rifle and one handgun maybe.

WISE dried camping, emergency foods. I like the chicken fettucine, and beef noodle entrees best. Really good, but let them sit for at least 20 minutes and stir well a few times or you will get clumps on the bottom if you are preparing in the pouch. If they were a little less salty I would love them when on sale.

Best light waterproof jackets on sale. Massif Integrated Tactical in OD @LAPG. Awesome with really great stretch fabric to wear under LBE or by itself. 5.11 TAC DRy rainshell in navy @ 5.11 under Web Specials. Awesome deal, great packable jacket for prepping or just wearing everyday and layering.
When it rains I wear one or the other and I love them both. The Massif you feel like you could workout in it because it is so comfortable. Neither jacket is very warm.

Best warm jacket 5.11 Tactical Fleece @ 5.11 under Web Specials. Very comfortable a bit bulky but it is a great jacket for $32 if you like Brown. It is a little short cut for me, but still works. I tend to like long in the torso shirts and jackets.

Casual clothing... the 5.11 hats are really nice. I have one with a mesh back trucker style and a tan "range hat" that are as nice as any hats I wear but they cost $5.99 with free shipping. Same for their $5.99 T-shirts. Great shirts and they are generous cut and longer in the torso.

Random stuff recently that I have bought... Buffalo Bore 115 grain 9mm +p+ 1400 FPS 500 ft/lbs defense ammo from Cabelas's. Great stuff if you have a tough +p rated handgun.

Underwood .357 Sig ammo in stock direct from Underwood - the 124 grain 1475 fps, 604 ft/lbs for sometimes hard to find .357 Sig defense ammo. Not expensive since your get 50 rounds, but shipping is like $15 on 1-3 boxes. Great stuff. Better than I could load and cheap if you know how much the best Barnes and Nosler bullets cost to reload.

Ozark Armory 300 BLK 147 grain 500 packs. Great stuff. with $50 off it is about $12 a box which is about as low as it gets right now.

Esbit Kocher-Set. Great little solid fuel stove with its own 3 cup kettle for making dehydrated meals from a backpack. If it had a utensil set included it would be perfect for my backpack. $20-$25 is a great deal. I love mine.

CMC Flat 3.5 trigger. Great drop-in trigger with fast reset. Light but not too light. Very fast. WC Armory has a great price on both the curved and flat. I think they even have the Colt sized pins in stock. $150 is a great price for these.

Condor MOPC. I just ordered one for $80 in multicam but I have setup a Coyote one previously. Great plate carrier for $60-$90 when on sale. That last LAPG 12% off code made for the cheapest price on this I have seen in a while - I did not want to get it from Cheaper Than Dirt. I don't work for LAPG or 5.11 - I just love them. I also love Cabela's, Graf's, Selway, and Big Lots

I got other items to go along with the MOPC from CATI Armor on Ebay. They have great prices, free shipping, and ship right away. I just got a complete level III set for 10x12 and 6x8 with real spall blocker pads (four) for about $265 delivered including the MOPC.

Last edited by crufflers; 04-04-2014 at 5:20 PM.. Reason: ammo specs wrong
Old 04-04-2014, 4:35 PM

Cool tips. Summer is right around the corner and I need to fill a hole in my camping gear, everything is set for beach or snow - little for wicking high desert sweat.

I buy quality, not stupid pricing, so I look to this thread to read about good deals.

Old 04-04-2014, 5:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Cool tips. Summer is right around the corner and I need to fill a hole in my camping gear, everything is set for beach or snow - little for wicking high desert sweat.

I buy quality, not stupid pricing, so I look to this thread to read about good deals.
Yeah I buy good deals... not always the best quality, but good enough for my use. I wish I could buy all USA made.

I did order that 14W solar panel too, BTW. I won't know if its great till I use it but its a nice power source for the backpack.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Always harping on LAPG... but I just found the Voodoo clearance items and they are running orders over $50 shipped free right now - a lot are on backorder but they honor them and typically hold and ship the whole order after everything is in stock. My personal pick is the Enlarged Shotgun Case for $35. That's the one I want.

If you like Voodoo, go explore

A few Examples:
Voodoo open top molle single-triple mag pouches $3.99 to $5.49
http://www.lapolicegear.com/voodoo-open-top.html

Voodoo 42" Enlarged Shotgun case $34.99
http://www.lapolicegear.com/co-voodo...tgun-case.html

Terminator Pistol Case $39.99
http://www.lapolicegear.com/voodoo-terminator.html

Last edited by crufflers; 04-04-2014 at 10:50 PM..
Old 04-08-2014, 6:24 AM

Goal Zero Kit back on sale at woot for $69:
http://sport.woot.com/?ref=cnt_sb_sp_4

Includes rechargeable speaker not of huge use but includes the panel and rechargeable batteries.
Old 04-08-2014, 7:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Brewer View Post
Goal Zero Kit back on sale at woot for $69:
http://sport.woot.com/?ref=cnt_sb_sp_4

Includes rechargeable speaker not of huge use but includes the panel and rechargeable batteries.
Just to add, while that speaker isn't really a survival item I bought this package off amazon because for some reason one day it was about $8 cheaper than the solar panel & charger alone.

I use the speaker at least several times a month - either inserting my phone inside the speaker box while I'm out walking or using it with a tablet when the tablet just isn't loud enough for the environment.

I probably wouldn't have bought it outright before I had it but it's a no brainer for me at ~$25 for the speaker box after having it around the house. The Rock out speaker box gets 10x the use of the panels and probably 5x the use of the battery charger unit.

IMHO the Goal Zero gear is probably the best designed stuff out there, and it's usually a premium price. Based on the separate prices this is a good deal, crap I'm now thinking about getting a spare kit...
Old 04-08-2014, 8:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels View Post
IMHO the Goal Zero gear is probably the best designed stuff out there, and it's usually a premium price. Based on the separate prices this is a good deal, crap I'm now thinking about getting a spare kit...
Not a bad idea, 2 is 1, 1 is none.
Old 04-08-2014, 8:34 AM

I've listened to that speakerbox several times, under a different brand name, and sounds damn respectable.

Old 04-09-2014, 8:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTime View Post
There Are Ways To Get Ammo When Store Shelves Are Empty

War Time Ammo Stopping Power (Mail Order)
11978 Raley Dr
Riverside CA 92505
Create Jobs Buy American
9am - 7pm (951) 529-4549 (Text Your Order Name, Address & Amount of Rounds)
E-Mail: wartimeammoandreloads@gmail.com
I am going to go ahead and guess this is NOT the way to become a vendor here on CalGuns.
Regards,
Mike
Old 04-09-2014, 9:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTime View Post
There Are Ways To Get Ammo When Store Shelves Are Empty

War Time Ammo Stopping Power (Mail Order)
11978 Raley Dr
Riverside CA 92505
Create Jobs Buy American
9am - 7pm (951) 529-4549 (Text Your Order Name, Address & Amount of Rounds)
E-Mail: wartimeammoandreloads@gmail.com
You gonna get banned son.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2014, 9:13 AM

Quote:
I am going to go ahead and guess this is NOT the way to become a vendor here on CalGuns.
Hey, just because English is 2/10's of his second language..

Old 04-09-2014, 9:15 AM
Calguns Addict

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I received my 14 Watt solar system and it looks great. $43 delivered. Build quality looks perfect and design looks rugged. I won't know till I test it but I noticed there's a few more Amazon reviews up now and one with video review. The green isn't OD or Multicam, but close enough to not clash too bad. Design looks like it could have been put together by Maxpedition or at least 5.11

Arrives in color retail packaging (box) securely foam packed suitable for gift giving, etc... no generic white box. I might pick up more for presents.

Last edited by crufflers; 04-09-2014 at 9:20 AM..
Old 04-09-2014, 9:30 AM

i would like to see someone compare this to the anker 14w unit. i have one and it works quite well. i would call the anker much more useful that my 7w nomad panel setup. if this is as good as the anker i'd buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I received my 14 Watt solar system and it looks great. $43 delivered. Build quality looks perfect and design looks rugged. I won't know till I test it but I noticed there's a few more Amazon reviews up now and one with video review. The green isn't OD or Multicam, but close enough to not clash too bad. Design looks like it could have been put together by Maxpedition or at least 5.11

Arrives in color retail packaging (box) securely foam packed suitable for gift giving, etc... no generic white box. I might pick up more for presents.
Old 04-09-2014, 9:33 AM
Calguns Addict

SOG Overstock items - Tactical Tomahawk $27, FastHawk small tomahawk $23, Firestarter $10

http://www.lapolicegear.com/sog-overstock.html
Old 04-09-2014, 11:20 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
http://www.511tactical.com/web-specials.html

5.11 is good stuff - especially at clearance prices. I can vouch for the Tactical Fleece (AWESOME warm jacket at $32 or triple that price) and the Tacdry Rainshell (awesome light jacket - waterproof, great looking in Navy) price jumped but still a good deal (was $39 for the navy and $49 for the multicam), lots of great T-shirts and hats for $5.99. Shipped FREE.
Just placed an order for 5 shirts, any orders over $25 ships for free, woohoo!
Old 04-10-2014, 8:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Maxpedition Versipacks 20% off code "versipack20" at checkout - get some models for about $40 and the largest models for about $60 great deals... $89 ships free

http://www.lapolicegear.com/maxpedition-versipacks.html
Old 04-10-2014, 8:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel power View Post
i would like to see someone compare this to the anker 14w unit. i have one and it works quite well. i would call the anker much more useful that my 7w nomad panel setup. if this is as good as the anker i'd buy one.
I can't compare, but I can post charge times for iPads, iPhones, and Nexus 7 tablet - when I get a chance. Obviously comparison in the same light would be ideal, but I don't have another 14W device. Check out the Amazon reviews too because some have charge times I think.

For $40 I'd say try one... I think it is a one year warranty.
Old 04-12-2014, 6:06 PM

Sorry if this is a dupe. Home Depot has 40lb of kingsford charcoal for 12.99 until tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:13 PM

Patriot Plates below cost:
http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...a&e=476a4fa656

If you look at the Body Armor thread at the top of the forum these are d-r recommended plates for value and hardness.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:52 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhatori View Post
Sorry if this is a dupe. Home Depot has 40lb of kingsford charcoal for 12.99 until tomorrow.
Wait for the killer deals on charcoal for Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.
Old 04-19-2014, 7:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashycrashy View Post

If you look at the Body Armor thread at the top of the forum these are d-r recommended plates for value and hardness.
Anyone order from this Maine Gun Military Surplus place before?
**Found out they are reputable... I might order set or two of front/back coated plates for a CPC. Nice discount on the plates with fair shipping.

Last edited by crufflers; 04-19-2014 at 7:55 PM.. Reason: Found answers
Old 04-19-2014, 8:14 PM

Quote:
**Found out they are reputable... I might order set or two of front/back coated plates for a CPC. Nice discount on the plates with fair shipping.
I have ordered on 2 different occasions, shipping was fast and everything was as advertised. If you order 2 sets they will combine shipping because they ship it via USPS priority boxes.
Old 04-23-2014, 4:40 PM
Calguns Addict

111 Servings Augason Farms Emergency Food Supply Variety Pail Storage $50 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151106907493...84.m1497.l2649

Augason Farms 30 Days Delicious Easy-To-Prepare Survival Food Storage Emergency $80 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180817589428...84.m1423.l2649
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 04-23-2014, 4:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashycrashy View Post

So pissed that missed that deal, i grabbed my wallet and everything!
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 04-23-2014, 6:18 PM

Quote:
That was a bizarre looking web page. I'd like to get some plates but there was nothing about that page that looked legit.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels View Post
That was a bizarre looking web page. I'd like to get some plates but there was nothing about that page that looked legit.
The page I linked to was the email they sent out not main guns website.

It is legit, I have ordered and several others have ordered in the body armor thread. They are also d-r's currently recommended plate as far as value and hardness.

This is their site:
http://www.maingun.biz/Home_Protection_s/2010.htm