Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-23-2017, 6:53 AM

We all understand the Republicans having no interest in seeing HR38 or the SHARE act passing, but what does the NRA and other gun rights organizations get out of it? They seem unwilling to light a fire under the Republicans asses to see these bills through.
Old 06-23-2017, 8:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuug View Post
We all understand the Republicans having no interest in seeing HR38 or the SHARE act passing, but what does the NRA and other gun rights organizations get out of it? They seem unwilling to light a fire under the Republicans asses to see these bills through.
I don't have any idea what the "gun rights organizations" lobbyists are conveying to legislators, but I do know that "environmental organizations" know that they cannot raise any money by promoting the idea that the environment is in pretty good shape and you really don't have anything to worry about. Not that there isn't a lengthy laundry list (NFA, GCA, etc.) of abuses of Second Amendment-guaranteed rights that would still take years to "clean up" even if HR38, etc. were passed and enacted by the current Congress.

I'm hoping for a "pleasant surprise", but not expecting one.
Old 06-23-2017, 9:32 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuug View Post
The bill has about 200 or more co-sponsors in the House. Perhaps a more precise description of "Republicans having no interest" in the bill is helpful?

We should also consider there's a fair amount of concern from gunowners regarding the bill, as written and in principal. We tend to support the theory of states rights and however goal oriented this bill may be it's a concern. And regardless of how it came about or whether it's justified, the President's less than impressive current popularity imparts a bit of a drag on the bill. How much political capital and where one spends it is a consideration.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
The bill has about 200 or more co-sponsors in the House. Perhaps a more precise description of "Republicans having no interest" in the bill is helpful?

We should also consider there's a fair amount of concern from gunowners regarding the bill, as written and in principal. We tend to support the theory of states rights and however goal oriented this bill may be it's a concern. And regardless of how it came about or whether it's justified, the President's less than impressive current popularity imparts a bit of a drag on the bill. How much political capital and where one spends it is a consideration.
I dont believe this for a second that there are ardent gun owners out there that think California has a state right to infringe on 2nd amendment rights of individuals. What a foolish argument to make.