Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2019, 12:08 AM

Default CFARS applications approved

So I registered on the last day possible (dumb me, I know, but I'm a full time student, and serialization takes some effort and time to do properly). Just wanted to share some good news, all three self-machined lowers were approved and have custom (fun) serial numbers (not including those, sorry not sorry). I just recieved all the notifications today (also got CFARS approval for my first C&R purchase, a Garand, processed the day before the rest...)

Hope that relieves some anxiety for the rest of you. One was not finished machined (but was quite a bit further along than 80%), and I was completely transparent with DOJ about that. Another was lower only, and the last one was a finished firearm but without an upper reciever. All were registered multi caliber. I specified in each description that I had multiple uppers (listed all relevant calibers) and stated that they are used interchangeably. I also took pictures of all of them from multiple angles on a self healing mat (neutral background).

In short, I provided them with way more information than I think they were hoping for in an attempt to have legal recourse if denied, because I didn't give them any reason to deny my application. It worked. Good luck to the rest of you.

Scary to get 4 of these envelopes in the mail...

But what a relief. It's finally over for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns." -Unknown (possibly Tim Moen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allhailflintlocks View Post
Gun owners need to be the new illegals - undocumented firearm possessors if you will.
Legislator "logic":
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezrat View Post
Before long, the Feds via A.D.A. will probably require manufacturers to include Braille markings to accommodate blind shooters.....

Last edited by Exdc; 01-10-2019 at 12:13 AM..
Old 01-10-2019, 6:36 PM
Veteran Member

Got mine dated 12/27. 3 lowers only with my own sn as well. Still waiting on my kids.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2019, 6:46 PM
Calguns Addict

All mine are still pending....

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 01-10-2019, 8:01 PM

USNA on 31st, pfec arrived on 9, approved today.
Old 01-11-2019, 7:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My two came in the same envelope. Like you...I waited till the last week and got mine about 3 weeks ago.
Old 01-13-2019, 5:09 PM

Default CFARS applications approved

I wanted to note that I just checked the website and they are all still listed as "processing", despite written notice of acceptance. In case anyone was wondering. Gotta love the efficiency of bureaucracy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns." -Unknown (possibly Tim Moen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allhailflintlocks View Post
Gun owners need to be the new illegals - undocumented firearm possessors if you will.
Legislator "logic":
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezrat View Post
Before long, the Feds via A.D.A. will probably require manufacturers to include Braille markings to accommodate blind shooters.....
Old 01-13-2019, 8:29 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptanKrunch View Post
USNA on 31st, pfec arrived on 9, approved today.
Reminder that you now have 10 days to engrave the info onto your self-made firearm and submit proof to CA DOJ via CFARS. [PC 29180(b)(2)(A) & (b)(3) and 11 CCR 5518(b)(2)(B)]

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 01-13-2019, 8:52 PM

Im in no hurry. Have heard nothing. Dont care. Did my part.
Old 01-14-2019, 4:38 PM

Submitted my self built 22 on May 1 2018.
It got rejected for multi receiver only but had pictures of whole rifle on August 8th.
Resubmitted when it opened back up in the beginning of September.
Got my email 1/8/18 Got the letter approval letter today 1/14/19
Old 01-15-2019, 2:39 PM

Today (after 10 months of waiting) I got the email on my 80% volreg. I had to go back into CFARS and state that it was receiver only. A couple hours later, got my processing email. Jeez

——————————————

To:xxxxx

Subject: California Firearms Application Reporting System (CFARS) Incomplete Notice

NAME
ADDRESS

The California Department of Justice has received your electronic application; however, it cannot be processed for the following reason(s):
Please verify your answer to the question "receiver only?". If the firearm is fully assembled, it is not receiver only and you will need to provide the caliber and barrel length of your firearm. If your firearm is fully assembled, please provide clear full-length pictures of both sides of the firearm, one close up of the serial number, magazine release, make, and model. Upload these pictures to this transaction and resubmit for processing.
Serial #: XXX
Gun Make: U S
Gun Model: XXX
Gun Caliber: FRAME/RECEIVER ONLY

The information requested should be submitted by logging into the CFARS application https://cfars.doj.ca.gov and navigating to California Reporting Information System and selecting "My CRIS Transaction History".

If you have any questions, please use the Report an Issue feature in the CFARS application.
Old 01-15-2019, 7:24 PM

Well, the AT&T uverse cable bill is apparently not a cable bill, so not valid, and my NOW expired registration doesn't work either....geez guys it was valid when I sent it in....also I guess you have to mark features to get it registered...oops...it was late and I was tired. Now current registration is uploaded and the features are marked...maybe they'll go thru now...
Old 01-16-2019, 9:41 AM
Veteran Member

I got my notification by email and CFARS has .pdf of my approval (receiver only). However, I have no idea which receivers are assigned to a particular serial number. I didn't submit a model number. I want to be compliant to DOJ regs. I'll have to email them for clarification.

BTW, all serial numbers start with FMBUS##XY and mine have consecutive letters ("XY").

Active Junky / Dvor
TARGET SPORT USA Prime Ammo referral - PM me

Stuff for sale:
Packer Stock (folding 10/22 stock)
Beretta Silver Pigeon SL2 Shotgun (Pump)
Kenwood Receiver