Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Default Free level 80

Looks like Blizzard is getting a bit more desperate. The new scroll of resurrection offers some additional new perks:

Quote:
The new-and-improved scroll provides players with a bunch of freebies, like new mounts, and it also allows the returning player to instantly level up to level 80. Not only that, but the scroll also supplies returning players with a free upgrade to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, seven days of free game time, and free realm and faction transfers so that they can play with friends no matter what server or faction they're on.
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...-for-everyone/

I played for quite a while quit about 2years ago and then got back in with Cata and was gone again in about 3 months.

And yes I know:
Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM

They likely are mostly hoping for people to come back and buy the next expansion, whenever that is...
Old 03-09-2012, 1:10 PM
Calguns Addict

this will work. a fair amount of people have already dropped TOR, if only temporarily.

"It is to secure our rights that we resort to government at all." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-09-2012, 1:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

I'm kinda wondering if you end up with a naked level 80, or they give you a starter set of gear. Also is there going to be a bunch of 80s running around that have no idea how to play.
Old 03-09-2012, 2:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smird View Post
I'm kinda wondering if you end up with a naked level 80, or they give you a starter set of gear. Also is there going to be a bunch of 80s running around that have no idea how to play.
this all sounds like standard wow fare to me.

"It is to secure our rights that we resort to government at all." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-09-2012, 2:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Considering that in every iteration of WoW, plenty of players can get a character to whatever the max level cap at the time was without knowing how to play, I don't see this making a difference. Bad players will always be bad players no matter what level they start at.
Old 03-09-2012, 2:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
this all sounds like standard wow fare to me.
I guess that's true, I never really played the endgame stuff. Never had enough time to devote to it. I tended to just level alts. -50 dkp for me.
Old 03-09-2012, 2:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smird View Post
I guess that's true, I never really played the endgame stuff. Never had enough time to devote to it. I tended to just level alts. -50 dkp for me.
don't feel bad, i never liked pve raiding, always doing the same encounters over and over. i had an 80 of every class but lock before i quit, all i did was battlegrounds. team tactics was my favorite part. get one to 80, full BGgear, start another one.

Old 03-25-2012, 3:13 PM
Banned

I sold my account just before cata. Made a free toon In February to check cata out and I am happy I sold my old toon. I ran a 10 man ICC up to LK, and got the 25 man LK kill. Ranked in the top 50 players of my realm. I quit while I was ahead, easy $250.

Instead of running around doing nothing in WoW, I play Skyrim now to de-compress and release some stress.
Old 03-25-2012, 7:42 PM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

We were working on killing heroic LK when I quit. I thought about coming back but nothing about it really thrills me anymore.
Old 03-25-2012, 8:29 PM

the only thing i ever wanted to do was kill the LK and see the story playout. with pservs getting close to fully scripting it i dont see a reason to p2p. although i might go back just for the new expan because i freaking love pandas and have been screaming for pandarens since wow was announced.
Old 03-26-2012, 7:29 AM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznanimekid View Post
kill the LK and see the story playout.
There's a little in-game animation which I think is followed by a cutscene. I don't know I always took a bathroom break whenever I knew he was about to die (took us a ton of tries to get him but once you do it's just rinse, repeat).
Old 03-30-2012, 9:28 PM

lmao i sold my account before burning crusade came out for almost 1000$ w00t never looked back, that game is crack for nerds....almost sounds like it would be funny to create an account get a scroll of res to get to 80 then sell on online be like easy 50$ lol
Old 04-13-2012, 10:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I can't play WoW anymore. My wife and I played for 4 years, and had a good time meeting new people, etc.

IMO Blizzard went in the wrong direction with WoW. I don't know if they're just trying to keep their numbers up long enough until the next WoW killer is released or what. But they've lost most of the serious players that made the gun actually work. Now it's just a bunch of disconnected idiots pugging end game. No guild needed, just get on LFG and pug it.

GG Blizzard, GG.
Glock Certified Armorer