Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2018, 6:54 PM

Default Another SD CCW issued

Been reading here for a bit but joining CG just to bore you folks with details leading up to my CCW ......

Relatively new gun owner, <2 years. Shot with family when younger, never really considered gun ownership again for a while but now that kids are growing, buying a home, staying prepared at home, at work, etc, I decided to start researching it as part of a self defense plan at home. While considering a first gun, I won a G19 at a church raffle! Men's ministry event type of raffle ...

Decided to apply for CCW for work purposes and here's the timeline...

1st appointment within a week of calling - Feb. 22nd
2nd appointment, GC and everything turned in - March 1st
I was called and asked make another appointment to retake fingerprints - March 15th
Figured that fingerprint retake would delay but approval letter was received May 28th
Finished course with Joel Persinger (great instructor by the way!) and received the license this past Friday, 22nd!

Couple side notes:
I think I'll need another CCW pistol, G19 a little on bulky side for all day carry for me. My days can be long at times.

After my approval came through, owner of the business called in to make an appointment and, as we've all seen happen lately, next available wasn't until mid-August!

Thanks for all the contributions guys, love the forum!
Old 06-24-2018, 7:00 PM

Congrats! I’d also thank San Diego County Gun Owners who have been aplying a lot of pressure to gore and I think a big part of why people are getting issued; I would hit suggest you look at an m&p shield great carry option imo
Old 06-24-2018, 7:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Congrats!!! Gore cranks out another CCW!

2 Questions:

(1) Do you know Sheriff Gore, either professionally or personally?

(2) Have you ever donated to Sheriff Gore's election campaign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG19 View Post
While considering a first gun, I won a G19 at a church raffle! Men's ministry event type of raffle ...
Awesome church, BTW.

While I wish I could EDC a G19 (it just feels sooo good in my hands), I can't really CCW it with my usual clothing. If I were you I'd look into a G43 or, in a year or so if SiG fixes its problems, a P365.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 06-25-2018 at 1:41 PM..
Old 06-24-2018, 7:14 PM
Veteran Member

Let me guess your GC was you carry alot of cash? Because as far as I know self defense doesnt seem to be good enough for Ol Ruby Ridge Gore and his cronies

To be American is to disobey.
Old 06-24-2018, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBlaster View Post
Congrats! Id also thank San Diego County Gun Owners who have been aplying a lot of pressure to gore and I think a big part of why people are getting issued; I would hit suggest you look at an m&p shield great carry option imo
Yep, after handling it at TGR the other day, I'm 95% sure it'll be the Shield.
Old 06-24-2018, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Congrats!!!

2 Questions:

(1) Do you know Sheriff Gore, either professionally or personally?

(2) Have you ever donated to Sheriff Gore's election campaign?

Awesome church, BTW.
Awesome church indeed! And negative on the Sheriff Gore questions, don't know the man nor have I donated to his campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroFox79 View Post
Let me guess your GC was you carry alot of cash? Because as far as I know self defense doesnt seem to be good enough for Ol Ruby Ridge Gore and his cronies
It was mostly self defense actually ... carrying cash was a very small portion of my GC statement. Large percentage of our work force is minimum wage, some ex-cons, high turnover, 'round the clock work hours and locations around town, etc. Couple of factors regarding owner, his family, and me working directly for them contributed to the GC statement as well.
Old 06-24-2018, 7:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Awesome church indeed! And negative on the Sheriff Gore questions, don't know the man nor have I donated to his campaign.

(inside joke)

Quote:
It was mostly self defense actually ... carrying cash was a very small portion of my GC statement. Large percentage of our work force is minimum wage, some ex-cons, high turnover, 'round the clock work hours and locations around town, etc. Couple of factors regarding owner, his family, and me working directly for them contributed to the GC statement as well.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 06-24-2018 at 9:23 PM..