Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-20-2020, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Default AG Beccera ?

If Biden cheats his way into the Whitehouse the rest of the Country will be buying Fins, Brakes, Fixed Stocks...........Kali Style Gun Control.

Politics Matters for those of you who decided to just Ride it out.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

He's got nothing to do with it. Congress will have to change the law, and if they do, they will go for it all. Either bury it or say goodbye to it.
Old 11-20-2020, 6:27 PM
Veteran Member

Beccera loves his NRA F Grade, as Biden’s Attorney General he would push the most Anti 2A Agenda we have ever seen. He will start by giving ATF an open check book, start by banning 80%ers and Braces to start with. The rest of the US will look like Kalifornia, elections have consequences when too many just take a pass.
Old 11-20-2020, 6:29 PM
Veteran Member

I think he will end up being the Harris replacement in the Senate
Old 11-20-2020, 6:31 PM

Although, with Basura as USAG, we may get a 2A case in front of SCOTUS.
Old 11-20-2020, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
Beccera loves his NRA F Grade, as Biden痴 Attorney General he would push the most Anti 2A Agenda we have ever seen. He will start by giving ATF an open check book, start by banning 80%ers and Braces to start with. The rest of the US will look like Kalifornia, elections have consequences when too many just take a pass.
Least of our problems since Beccera would allow illegal aliens into the country without any opposition.
Old 11-20-2020, 8:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
If Biden cheats his way into the Whitehouse the rest of the Country will be buying Fins, Brakes, Fixed Stocks...........Kali Style Gun Control.

Politics Matters for those of you who decided to just Ride it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
He's got nothing to do with it. Congress will have to change the law, and if they do, they will go for it all. Either bury it or say goodbye to it.
Take a deep breath... Then another one...

Any attempt at gun control actually works for us. Remember how the left went judge-shopping to get preliminary injunctions against Trump? The same works here. They pass *any* gun control, we go to a district judge in the most gun-friendly jurisdiction to get a preliminary injunction. So, not only does the law linger as unenforceable during the litigation, but we get it to the Supreme Court and we get a ruling that will put a stop to this nonsense once and for all.

I don't get it why our side should be all stressing out about possible gun control, when the antis are dealt a death-blow with the confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett. Even if lose a justice due to the natural causes, there is no way that any majority in the Senate will confirm a justice of the opposing party, not after Kavanaugh fiasco, where the *minority* tried to block him - you think Democrats would confirm ANY of the Trump's picks if they were in the majority? Well, we are there to return the favor, election year or not...
Old 11-20-2020, 8:59 PM

So, would Bacerra do less damage to CA citizens rights as Senator? He is the most over the top anti gunner ever as AG.... Writes the most deceptive ballot initiatives.... I think I would prefer he leaves as our AG even if it gives him a Senator job for life.
Old 11-20-2020, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok55 View Post
So, would Bacerra do less damage to CA citizens rights as Senator? He is the most over the top anti gunner ever as AG.... Writes the most deceptive ballot initiatives.... I think I would prefer he leaves as our AG even if it gives him a Senator job for life.
Do you honestly think the next guy Newscum appoints will be any better?
We are Fooked in this state.
Old 11-21-2020, 6:51 AM
Veteran Member

And the Virus just spread to the entire Country, Super Spreaders moving to the Capital.

Last edited by Jarhead; 11-21-2020 at 12:45 PM..
Old 11-21-2020, 7:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Wouldn't surprise me if Newsom took the senate job for himself. He wants to move up the food chain and has a hugh ego driving him.
Old 11-21-2020, 8:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Little difference here. We are the model for the rest of America. They better like California Values.
Old 11-21-2020, 9:08 AM

Becerra is also rumored to want the Senate seat
Old 11-21-2020, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

Kali Winter is coming to America.............mainly because so many take their Rights for granted
Old 11-21-2020, 1:33 PM

Biden did not win the election.
Old 11-21-2020, 1:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Kali Winter is coming to America.............mainly because so many take their Rights for granted
It's not even that they take their rights for granted, it's that very large part of the population, including large number of immigrants who haven't grown up with the American values, see democracy as a way to pick themselves a master and a ruling class, not as a pathway to personal freedoms.

How many people want true personal freedoms and responsibilities, and how many want to have an agreeable (enough) government who will take care of the society and handle those deplorable outcasts who think they should be free from the whims of the majority?
Old 11-21-2020, 3:04 PM
Veteran Member

Servitude over Independence, Laziness over Work, Follower vs Leader, Sleepy vs Alert..........once they wake up it will be too later.............aagh what happened?
Old 11-21-2020, 3:25 PM

Quote:
No. They learned from California's mistakes.

They will be going for every thing!

Take care
Abenaki

I'd rather be a Boomer, than generation crybaby!
Old 11-21-2020, 3:50 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

At least there will be less posts from Ex-Pat Calgunners gloating about the looser gun laws wherever they moved to.
Old 11-21-2020, 7:18 PM

I see a future for "De" Leon in the administration.

NRA Patron Member
Old 11-21-2020, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
Take a deep breath... Then another one...

Any attempt at gun control actually works for us. Remember how the left went judge-shopping to get preliminary injunctions against Trump? The same works here. They pass *any* gun control, we go to a district judge in the most gun-friendly jurisdiction to get a preliminary injunction. So, not only does the law linger as unenforceable during the litigation, but we get it to the Supreme Court and we get a ruling that will put a stop to this nonsense once and for all.

I don't get it why our side should be all stressing out about possible gun control, when the antis are dealt a death-blow with the confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett. Even if lose a justice due to the natural causes, there is no way that any majority in the Senate will confirm a justice of the opposing party, not after Kavanaugh fiasco, where the *minority* tried to block him - you think Democrats would confirm ANY of the Trump's picks if they were in the majority? Well, we are there to return the favor, election year or not...
It also takes a huge amount of time for those cases to progress to the Supreme Court and those are rights denied in the interim. While I agree it's time to take a deep breath I don't believe that pipeline of gun control coming is going away as swiftly with an injunction as you do.

How many years did it take for the roster case to make it there, a decade?
Old 11-21-2020, 9:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I guess Biden is checking off a box--Get a person of color in my cabinet

Biden's list of qualifications for the chief law enforcement officer of the USA?? Already stated--Must be a person of color
Old 11-22-2020, 12:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12lbRooster View Post
It also takes a huge amount of time for those cases to progress to the Supreme Court and those are rights denied in the interim. While I agree it's time to take a deep breath I don't believe that pipeline of gun control coming is going away as swiftly with an injunction as you do.

How many years did it take for the roster case to make it there, a decade?
It痴 different with new infringements at federal level - we can go to any court anywhere in the country, no need to worry about CA9. All we need is one judge and a circuit court that won稚 block the injunction.

Compare to how the other side blocked Trump even with basic stuff such as travel restrictions.
Old 11-22-2020, 4:45 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I agree with IVC. For my entire life (44 years), I'll reiterate what IVC said, "Breath People". Inhale the roses, blow out the candles, inhale the roses, blow out the candles.....
Old 11-22-2020, 7:59 AM
Veteran Member

Bidens cabinet will already be a three ring circus, add Bacerra into the mix and it will be a downright sideshow. I wonder where Romney will land. I think slow Joe will put Romney somewhere and claim he has a bipartisan cabinet.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:59 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Pierre Quisling Delecto for the fake bipartisan win!
Old 11-22-2020, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
Pierre Quisling Delecto for the fake bipartisan win!
I think the state of Utah would gladly elect a real conservative to his senate seat.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:58 PM

Start planning where you are going to hide your guns now. And move them there on Jan. 20th. The movie "Inside Man" is great for one way to do it.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by all-cal View Post
Biden did not win the election.
He may not have won but it sure looks like nobody is going to stop him. I fear he will be our next president.
Old 11-24-2020, 1:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
At least there will be less posts from Ex-Pat Calgunners gloating about the looser gun laws wherever they moved to.
Not gloating now, nor have I gloated in the past.

We've been gone from California since the late 1980's. We're now in a state where law enforcement of federal firearms laws are forbidden for state, county, and city officers. We also benefit from constitutional carry and reciprocity with ~40 other states. Most of our gun laws were initially penned by a couple of Democrats.

Again, not gloating, just the way it is.

Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Old 11-24-2020, 6:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSOG View Post
I think he will end up being the Harris replacement in the Senate
I'm doubtful because Becerra did 12 years in Congress. Going back as a Senator is a step down. I believe he wants to chill as AG, set a track record, and then challenge Newsom for Governor. I think he sees it as his destiny. He wants to be the Governor of California to reinstate the land as Mexicano.
Know your enemy:
Quote:
Born in Sacramento, California, to Mexican parents, Becerra is a graduate of Stanford University, receiving his Juris Doctor from Stanford Law School. He worked as a lawyer at the Legal Assistance Corporation of central Massachusetts, before returning to California in 1986 to work as an administrative assistant for state senator Art Torres. He served as a deputy attorney general in the California Department of Justice from 1987 to 1990, before he was elected to the California State Assembly, where he served one term from 1990 to 1992.

Becerra was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1992, representing California's 30th congressional district from 1993 to 2003, California's 31st congressional district from 2003 to 2013 and California's 34th congressional district from 2013 to 2017. During his tenure, he served as Chairman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus from 1997 to 1999, Vice Chairman of the House Democratic Caucus from 2009 to 2013 and as a member of the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction. Becerra is also a member of the Inter-American Dialogue think tank, based in Washington, D.C
Going to Washington is a step back. While he might be considered for AG, he followed Kamala into the AG seat when she became a Senator. He doesn't want to be seen riding the tails of her career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessdude View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if Newsom took the senate job for himself. He wants to move up the food chain and has a hugh (sic) ego driving him.
Newsom is going to drown in the COVID stupidity and the trashing of the economy. Plus, Feinstein will chat with Nancy, and explain it's not a Male, White-privileged, Nephew seat. A Female person of color succeeded Barbara Boxer, and that should be the result.

Quote:
No, there won't. They'll continue to complain because CA is sending the A-holes to Washington. Right now, the CA folks complain about the jerks in Sacramento, but forget who sent them here.
Old 11-24-2020, 8:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Amen !
Old 11-25-2020, 1:07 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
Not gloating now, nor have I gloated in the past.

We've been gone from California since the late 1980's. We're now in a state where law enforcement of federal firearms laws are forbidden for state, county, and city officers. We also benefit from constitutional carry and reciprocity with ~40 other states. Most of our gun laws were initially penned by a couple of Democrats.

Again, not gloating, just the way it is.
I was just funnin

My hypocrisy will be revealed when I move out of CA and do the obligatory victory lap / end zone dance too. I値l be bringing that Ithaca with me
Old 11-25-2020, 8:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

just in today after Gettyburg hearings with Rudy G.

Pennsylvania has reversed their vote on certification . take away 20 electoral votes from Joe Biden.
looks like 2 more states and Biden crashes !
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ction-results/

Put me down for a Presidential state of emergency based on widespread voter fraud. Elections were never intended for widespread cheating by deep state actors.

Last edited by ja308; 11-25-2020 at 8:34 PM..
Old 11-26-2020, 9:10 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessdude View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if Newsom took the senate job for himself. He wants to move up the food chain and has a hugh ego driving him.
That would be epic. Abandon his governorship for the Senate. I don't see that happening. I do see a run for President . Given Harris will be VP I guess a leftits from California can win now.

Just shows that the country has drifter left enough to elect a leftist to a national position such as VP.

The state of Reagan is dead replaced by far left ideology. Yeah Reagan was not perfect but far better than what Harris VP will bring let alone a Newsom Presidency will bring.

Biden may not serve his first term due to the possibility of Alzheimer's or Dementia taking over and making him unfit for office. Democrats will eat their own to have a woman president.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:56 PM

Question Marine Seeking Legal Help

So, I don't know where to post this..

Long story short.

Was going to college a few years ago and I was couch surfing and staying in motels and I had 1 rifle, and 2 pistols in my trunk in a locked bag with the ammo separate. and my ex-gf at the time was heart broken and called the cops and I was convicted of having weapons on a college campus, which I did not know was illegal for I spent most of my adult life in the Marines.

I'm currently trying to get my case/file expunged. If my case/file is expunged, I still can not touch a weapon for another 7 years. I follow all laws. At the same times I follow the supreme law of the constitution.

I just want to be able to own weapons legally.

Can any one help?
Old 11-27-2020, 6:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinePastorJ View Post
So, I don't know where to post this..

Long story short.

Was going to college a few years ago and I was couch surfing and staying in motels and I had 1 rifle, and 2 pistols in my trunk in a locked bag with the ammo separate. and my ex-gf at the time was heart broken and called the cops and I was convicted of having weapons on a college campus, which I did not know was illegal for I spent most of my adult life in the Marines.

I'm currently trying to get my case/file expunged. If my case/file is expunged, I still can not touch a weapon for another 7 years. I follow all laws. At the same times I follow the supreme law of the constitution.

I just want to be able to own weapons legally.

Can any one help?
Navigate to How California Laws Apply to/Affect Me. Start a new thread entitled something like, 迭einstatement of Firearms Rights after Felony. Help will appear.

Best.
Old 11-27-2020, 8:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Senate is the dream job, a lifetime of easy street with no challengers. Everything else is temporary or has term limits.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok55 View Post
I seem to remember the exact same thing being said when Harris was running for Senate. That worked out well, didn't it?

I like my coffee black and my tea in the harbor.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Smile

Quote:
I was just funnin

My hypocrisy will be revealed when I move out of CA and do the obligatory victory lap / end zone dance too. I値l be bringing that Ithaca with me
If you're headed in this direction, let me know. Looks like the low temp for the next week or so is in the 20's F.

Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain