Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-02-2016, 6:52 AM

Default Not Comply = yeah right

Sorry, I do more reading than posting, usually easier to not come off as a " I Will Not Comply " moron.

The reality, at this point in time we have to comply........my issue is, I have been letting others do the fight and only helping by voting, now I get to pay the price for being a lazy SOB.

I was thinking last night, this whole background check garbage for ammunition,I have tried to look at it from every direction and there is no way it will do anything to stop bad guys from getting bullets, its a physical impossibility.

IT IS NOT ABOUT GUN CONTROL = it is about revenue control. If you have say, 1 million gun owners in California, at $50 a background check ( just a generic number i picked), everyone can do the math on how much money they just brought in, plus, they now have a state registry of me buying ammo..........they just killed two birds with one stone.

This is the only thing that makes sense to me, or am I looking at it from a backwards point of view.

And please dont tell me we have to resist and not follow the laws, thats a good way to end up in jail, the only way to not comply is with your vote and the courts
Old 07-02-2016, 7:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Maybe the crowds will go down at the range?
Old 07-02-2016, 8:02 AM

It's for control but the money is a bonus, making the prisoners pay for and build their prison.

I hope everyone just adopts the new gen fixed mag options or goes featureless.
Old 07-02-2016, 8:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbrit68 View Post
Sorry, I do more reading than posting, usually easier to not come off as a " I Will Not Comply " moron.

The reality, at this point in time we have to comply........

. . .

And please dont tell me we have to resist and not follow the laws, thats a good way to end up in jail, the only way to not comply is with your vote and the courts
Go back to your Facebook page, Gavin. You've let the genie out of the bottle. You can't put him back in now.

Old 07-02-2016, 8:12 AM

Gun control is about people control, not revenue.

The revenue part enters in when the bond and equity markets reset, and people want to administer popular justice to the responsible policy makers. They'll need to be disarmed, first. This is also why LE is exempt.

But yeah, go ahead and do as you told, OP, while scolding those who don't. That's fine.

Just don't ever tell anyone you have anything in common with the Green Mountain Boys, or the real men who fought at Breed's Hill, ok? Thanks!
Old 07-02-2016, 8:21 AM

Quote:

The reality, at this point in time we have to comply........my issue is, I have been letting others do the fight and only helping by voting, now I get to pay the price for being a lazy SOB.

I was thinking last night, this whole background check garbage for ammunition,I have tried to look at it from every direction and there is no way it will do anything to stop bad guys from getting bullets, its a physical impossibility.

IT IS NOT ABOUT GUN CONTROL = it is about revenue control. If you have say, 1 million gun owners in California, at $50 a background check ( just a generic number i picked), everyone can do the math on how much money they just brought in, plus, they now have a state registry of me buying ammo..........they just killed two birds with one stone.

This is the only thing that makes sense to me, or am I looking at it from a backwards point of view.

What new laws? What are you guys talking about?
Supporter of conceal and open-carry.[/SIZE]
"It's called the Bill Of Rights. Not the Bill of Needs."[/SIZE]
Old 07-02-2016, 8:23 AM
Banned

Just to toss this out so everyone has advanced knowledge of the future...

My crystal ball which will always remain nameless has told me within a few years all semiautomatic firearms will need to be registered with the DoJ.

They do not want anymore AW registrations, so the next wave will not trigger that.

They will also try a ...License To Own...LTO. This system will allow a person to get a live scan or finger prints, pass a background complete with references..just like the handgun law in NEW YORK. When you buy or acquire any semiautomatic you must add that to your file with the DoJ....at a cost of course.

LEO will have easy access to your file...for public safety reasons. You will be allowed to own a copy of your file...to show people you are not using an non-registered evil gun to murder them with.
Old 07-02-2016, 8:24 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Seriously, there are times when law abiding citizens are their own worst enemy.

Got a jury summons? Know your rights! http://fija.org/
Old 07-02-2016, 8:26 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
If you have say, 1 million gun owners in California, at $50 a background check ( just a generic number i picked)
Read the law. The fee is $1, not $50.

Quote:
pistol noun pis·tol \ˈpi-stəl\

1: a handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel
Calling a revolver a "pistol" is like calling a magazine a "clip", calling a shotgun a rifle, or a calling a man a woman.

ExitCalifornia.org
Old 07-02-2016, 8:31 AM

"It's for control but the money is a bonus, making the prisoners pay for and build their prison."

How can a prisoner pay for building a prison when he is occupying said prison? You realize California can't afford to keep even real, violent criminals in prison? You think they'll spend untold billions to keep a bunch of gun owners locked down? Give me a break.

They're much more interested in making gun ownership so difficult and demonized that future generations will have no interest in doing it, assuming law abiding citizens have no practical need for them.

Legally, California would much rather put gun owners on probation and the prohibited persons list on a case by case basis. Extraordinarily cheap compared to prison and even jail, and the record is permanent nation wide for life (unless it can be reduced to misdemeanor and expunged, etc.)

In this state, one can become a felon without spending any real time in jail or prison. Incarnation isn't the goal, nor is money. Control absolutely is.

"I hope everyone just adopts the new gen fixed mag options or goes featureless."

I'm sure they will. The whole "non compliance" thing evaporated away in about one day. Calgunners couldn't wait to start falling all over themselves as to how to best comply. Many even going so far as registering things that don't need to be, destroying their legally owned property willingly. A sad group of emaciated sheep with delusions of grandeur about "rising to the occasion" and taking freedom back. I chuckle when I see Gadsden flags and MOLON LABE sigs on this forum. They really are just edgy decorations.
Old 07-02-2016, 8:44 AM

OP: GTFO

NRA - Life member
SAF - Life member
GOA - Member
CalgunsFoundation - Supporter
Old 07-02-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEtrane View Post
"It's for control but the money is a bonus, making the prisoners pay for and build their prison."

How can a prisoner pay for building a prison when he is occupying said prison? You realize California can't afford to keep even real, violent criminals in prison? You think they'll spend untold billions to keep a bunch of gun owners locked down? Give me a break.

They're much more interested in making gun ownership so difficult and demonized that future generations will have no interest in doing it, assuming law abiding citizens have no practical need for them.

Legally, California would much rather put gun owners on probation and the prohibited persons list on a case by case basis. Extraordinarily cheap compared to prison and even jail, and the record is permanent nation wide for life (unless it can be reduced to misdemeanor and expunged, etc.)

In this state, one can become a felon without spending any real time in jail or prison. Incarnation isn't the goal, nor is money. Control absolutely is.

"I hope everyone just adopts the new gen fixed mag options or goes featureless."

I'm sure they will. The whole "non compliance" thing evaporated away in about one day. Calgunners couldn't wait to start falling all over themselves as to how to best comply. Many even going so far as registering things that don't need to be, destroying their legally owned property willingly. A sad group of emaciated sheep with delusions of grandeur about "rising to the occasion" and taking freedom back. I chuckle when I see Gadsden flags and MOLON LABE sigs on this forum. They really are just edgy decorations.
AGREED!! Far to many Sheepie men in these Calguns forums. And stop with all the polls already! If you are smart, you will go dark and shut up!!
Old 07-02-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp Collector View Post
Read the law. The fee is $1, not $50.
Correct me if im wrong but the fee is $1 per ammo transaction and up to $50 to get your ammo "licence". It loos like the $50 also could be made annual.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Banned

Civil Disobedience..Connecticut, New York and Washington all have shown us the way... *Drop Mic
Old 07-02-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voit View Post
AGREED!! If you are smart, you will go dark and shut up!!
Yep, IMO much wisdom there. I comply with the darkness. Learned that back in the 80's with seers and being a person with the skills and equipment.

Peaceful and lawful solutions, let's talk. Hopefully, that'll be the path.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
the only way to not comply is with your vote and the courts
So, in other words, you are saying that non-compliance is failure no matter what?

How have your votes and court cases gone for you?
Old 07-02-2016, 12:03 PM

Okay... continue to be a ***** and do nothing. Keep voting. Keep sending your emails. Let me know how far you get. I choose to not be a slave. This crap needs to stop now and those in power are not getting the message with the status quo. Maybe its time to up the ante.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusson View Post
Correct me if im wrong but the fee is $1 per ammo transaction and up to $50 to get your ammo "licence". It loos like the $50 also could be made annual.
If that doesn't get struck down by the courts, then we have SERIOUS issues. Ammo is a right. Falls under arms. You do not need a license to excersize your rights. We can't even get voter ID laws in place. Because of "undue burden." Well, how is this NOT an undue burden.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:07 PM

Someone needs to start a petition to get something on the november ballot... I will sign in a heartbeat. Is that link on top of the forums for the stopammoban still valid?
Old 07-02-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
"They're much more interested in making gun ownership so difficult and demonized that future generations will have no interest in doing it."

^^^THIS^^^

You nailed it.
Been telling people this for years.
This is the main part of the strategy.

This, is PRECISELY why we CANNOT allow them to prevail.
Which mean, KEEP ON BUYING guns and ammo, no matter HOW hard they make it.

Keep on going to the range--and take the kids and wife--no matter HOW hard they make it for us.

Keep on HUNTING in CA, now matter HOW hard they make it for us.

Don't give an inch. Don't give them what they want. Keep on living your lives as free people, with firearms. Pass down your traditions. Teach the kids the meaning of freedom.

The instant you give up your guns, or sell them, or lock them up never to be used again, the other side--the Fascists--they win. Don't allow them to win.
Supporter of conceal and open-carry.[/SIZE]
"It's called the Bill Of Rights. Not the Bill of Needs."[/SIZE]
Old 07-02-2016, 12:17 PM

I intend to make a road trip to Reno periodically to purchase ammo in bulk. This is a deliberate circumvention of the upcoming state law, but there's nothing the state can do about it - not without getting NV to change its laws, which it won't do. I really don't care if I'm breaking the law, in fact it will make me feel patriotic to do this. Civil disobedience has a long history in the U.S.

While I'm there, I could pick up as many high-cap magazines as I want to pay for, and I could then sell them on the street for a profit. I won't do this, but I could, and so could the next guy who doesn't care as much as I do about public safety. In some places I could even pick up scary black "assault weapons" and bring them home, to use or sell, despite being against federal law. And so could the next guy.

Surely our elected fools in Sacramento understand these laws will accomplish nothing except make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to own and use guns legally and safely. But since they choose to pass them anyways in order to enhance their electability with their liberal district bases, I can choose to engage in whatever civil disobedience I want to in response.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:

""Calgunners couldn't wait to start falling all over themselves as to how to best comply""

BINGO... I see a lot of that.. they are busy trying to ask how to change, store, fix their mags to comply... what fkking pisses me off is that ive seen a few FFL's or whatever ask like "does this apply to me?.. are there excaptions for my special case" so they can quickly leave the battlefield to us normal people..

half of you here are weak and lame that will basically wind up being happy with .22 single shot pistols or single barrel shotguns..
Old 07-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusson View Post
There are two competing approaches: De Leon's SB-1235, which Brown signed into law, and Newsom's Safety For All Prop 62, which is on the November ballot.

SB-1235 does not require a license. Buyers present ID, they are checked to see if they own a registered firearm and are not prohibited, and if they pass the sale is approved. There is a $1 fee.

Prop 62 would require ammo buyers to obtain a renewable license that costs $50 and is good for 4 years. That's $12.50 per year.

Both proposals suck, but you are stuck with at least one of them for now. If you buy ammo less than 12 times a year then SB-1235 costs you less. If you buy ammo more than 12 times a year then the license would cost you less. Again, both approaches suck.

Quote:
pistol noun pis·tol \ˈpi-stəl\

1: a handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel
Calling a revolver a "pistol" is like calling a magazine a "clip", calling a shotgun a rifle, or a calling a man a woman.

ExitCalifornia.org
Old 07-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:

sheep, you would not last in 1776
Old 07-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Calguns Addict

I would rather spend the $50 for the license and the $1 fee on gasoline to go to Nevada or Oregon to buy ammunition there on nothing more than principle.

California should get no sales tax, license fee or transaction fee. ZERO f-ing dollars. And they should have no record of who is buying or who is selling it too.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 07-02-2016, 12:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwalker99 View Post
""Calgunners couldn't wait to start falling all over themselves as to how to best comply""

BINGO... I see a lot of that.. they are busy trying to ask how to change, store, fix their mags to comply... what fkking pisses me off is that ive seen a few FFL's or whatever ask like "does this apply to me?.. are there excaptions for my special case" so they can quickly leave the battlefield to us normal people..

half of you here are weak and lame that will basically wind up being happy with .22 single shot pistols or single barrel shotguns..
^^^

Got a jury summons? Know your rights! http://fija.org/
Old 07-02-2016, 1:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Sorry, I do more reading than posting, usually easier to not come off as a " I Will Not Comply " moron. The reality, at this point in time we have to comply........
Ummm, I think you got lost on the internet.

You forgot to make a left at the sign that said "Mother Jones, 2 Miles".

Old 07-02-2016, 1:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghai guy View Post
Gun control is about people control, not revenue.

The revenue part enters in when the bond and equity markets reset, and people want to administer popular justice to the responsible policy makers. They'll need to be disarmed, first. This is also why LE is exempt.

But yeah, go ahead and do as you told, OP, while scolding those who don't. That's fine.

Just don't ever tell anyone you have anything in common with the Green Mountain Boys, or the real men who fought at Breed's Hill, ok? Thanks!
^^^^ This... Gloves on BBs off
Old 07-02-2016, 1:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
the only way to not comply is with your vote and the courts
This is not quite true.

Read Gene Sharp's "From Dictatorship to Democracy."

http://www.aeinstein.org/wp-content/...13/09/FDTD.pdf

Appendix One is list of 198 ways to resist a dictatorship. There are so many different ways that everyone on Calguns is sure to find a style of resistance that suits them. Many of us will have to use many methods on the list because they are used at different times or in different places.
Old 07-02-2016, 1:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
I would rather spend the $50 for the license and the $1 fee on gasoline to go to Nevada or Oregon to buy ammunition there on nothing more than principle.

California should get no sales tax, license fee or transaction fee. ZERO f-ing dollars. And they should have no record of who is buying or who is selling it too.
yep. that's how I am complying. Will take ammo orders from friends and family before I go too. Is it a hassle? Yes. Will it cost more in time and money for ammo? A little.
Old 07-02-2016, 1:52 PM

People like OP belong in this state. Please, OP stay here and enjoy your newfound utopia, we Americans will continue to stand up for freedom and what is RIGHT. The fight for freedom does cost lives sometimes, but many before us were not afraid to pay that price, and because of their sacrifice we are living in a (relatively) free America today.

Think what you want, but not all of us are panty waste girly men (or women) complacent to watch liberty get trampled on by tyrannical government. I agree with going dark, until it's time to stand up.

We are not outnumbered.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 07-02-2016, 1:57 PM

Hearing fellow gun enthusiasts call others "sheep" is bizarre. I guess this is a sign of the times. Internet bravado. Very easy to call people cowards and represent toughness behind a keyboard. Just so odd to me.
Old 07-02-2016, 2:02 PM
CGN Contributor

Bahh. Bahhhhh. BAHHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHHHHHH.

This is 100% about control. Money? They control the money. It's not the money. They want to control YOU. They want to be the boss, the savior, the shepard to the lost sheep. Convince the flock that the shepard is the only answer to their problems. Convince them that you, the shepard, will never rest to protect them. Convince the flock that you are there to serve them. Convince them that you care for their wellbeing. Tell the sheep that you love them as they are secretly sent to slaughter. When an innocent lamb steps off the patch, you ruthlessly murder it in front of the flock. You tell the flock that the lamb was sick. It was not well and was going to hurt the flock. Don't worry, you're safe in the hands of your shepard. Here is some yummy food, now get in the truck.

The flock is deafening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta34 View Post
Hearing fellow gun enthusiasts call others "sheep" is bizarre. I guess this is a sign of the times. Internet bravado. Very easy to call people cowards and represent toughness behind a keyboard. Just so odd to me.
I'm not a "gun enthusiast." I'm an American.

It's not "internet bravado." It's 30 million people in this state, sometimes the internet is a more effective means of communication.

Last edited by Quickdraw559; 07-02-2016 at 2:06 PM..
Old 07-02-2016, 2:22 PM

What's the number of people that turned in their high cap mags in Los Angeles? Last time I checked it was 0.
Old 07-02-2016, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc16 View Post
OP: GTFO

ummmmmmm, how about go **** yourself.............I have as much right to be here as you do, and you are already showing you got nothing constructive, now why dont you go back to mommys basement and let the adults talk okay?
Old 07-02-2016, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepDog78 View Post
People like OP belong in this state. Please, OP stay here and enjoy your newfound utopia, we Americans will continue to stand up for freedom and what is RIGHT. The fight for freedom does cost lives sometimes, but many before us were not afraid to pay that price, and because of their sacrifice we are living in a (relatively) free America today.

Think what you want, but not all of us are panty waste girly men (or women) complacent to watch liberty get trampled on by tyrannical government. I agree with going dark, until it's time to stand up.

We are not outnumbered.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
You need to get out of your little rambo fantasy, I dont care how many AR-15's you have , you sure as hell are not gonna go against the LAPD SSWAT team or military.....just not gonna happen.

All the little trolls can have their I am gonna go dark, I will not comply sillyness, maybe hide a gun or two, but thats about it.

What re you going to do, start a revolution ? Yeah right. The whole willing to lay down your life thing, I met many in the military making those comments, usually the first to run.

This can only be won in the courts.......plain and simple, unless you have a army sitting around somewhere
Old 07-02-2016, 6:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
You need to get out of your little rambo fantasy, I dont care how many AR-15's you have , you sure as hell are not gonna go against the LAPD SSWAT team or military.....just not gonna happen.

All the little trolls can have their I am gonna go dark, I will not comply sillyness, maybe hide a gun or two, but thats about it.

What re you going to do, start a revolution ? Yeah right. The whole willing to lay down your life thing, I met many in the military making those comments, usually the first to run.

This can only be won in the courts.......plain and simple, unless you have a army sitting around somewhere
GTFO, I guess you don't realize what a bunch of untrained hajis can do to our boys out in Afghanistan and Iraq
Old 07-02-2016, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelendezTx View Post
GTFO, I guess you don't realize what a bunch of untrained hajis can do to our boys out in Afghanistan and Iraq
1) afghanistan has nothing to do with a back ground check for bullets......but nice try skippy

2) what make you think you realize ore than me ? or do you want to whip out dd-214's and see whose is bigger
Old 07-02-2016, 7:11 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Go back to your Facebook page, Gavin. You've let the genie out of the bottle. You can't put him back in now.
It's not Gavin.

I know this guy very well, rode with him for a number of years.
He's for real.
Had no idea he was a member here, looks like he joined when I was inactive for a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

Last edited by Cokebottle; 07-02-2016 at 7:17 PM..
Old 07-02-2016, 7:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
1) afghanistan has nothing to do with a back ground check for bullets......but nice try skippy

2) what make you think you realize ore than me ? or do you want to whip out dd-214's and see whose is bigger
So you an oathbreaker, you swore an oath to defend the constitution from foreign and domestic enemies. We'll tough guy here's your chance. Oh wait you're just a typical boot licker.