Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 01-13-2016, 9:27 PM

Default Savage 110 Left Hand BA problems

zeroed my new out of the box .300 Win Mag with 3 different scopes achieving the same results:

The firearm will zero with a laser bore sight at 50 yards with plenty of windage adjustment to the left and right with the intended scope of use (Nightforce NXS zerostop 8-32x56 purchased new as well) and it is consistantly shooting 6-7 inches left at 25 YARDS!!!! Other than sending it to Savage (3-6 week turnaround time) any suggestions? The windage dial on all scopes tested (Burris 3-9x40, Trijicon ACOG, Nightforce mentioned above) has to be maxed counter clockwise just to zero at 25 yards. I have no room to adjust longer shots if needed. Factory Ammo (Federal 155 gr) 40 rounds have been shot through it. How can ths gun bore sight evenly with a laser but shoot so far to the left? Any help is much appreciated. I'm thinking there is a barrel issue or muzzle brake issue. Thoughts, comments?

-Extremely frustrated
Old 01-13-2016, 10:14 PM

It's not the gun, its your scope mounting.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:03 PM

remounted with 3 different scopes. all 3 mounted 3 different times for a total or 9 mounts... Same results
Old 01-13-2016, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In My Cold Dead Hands View Post
remounted with 3 different scopes. all 3 mounted 3 different times for a total or 9 mounts... Same results
All on the same rail?
Old 01-14-2016, 9:25 AM

yes
Old 01-14-2016, 11:10 AM

Then I believe your base/rail is the issue. Maybe even the base mounting holes in the gun but there is no way a barrel should be off 7 inches at 25 yards. When you bore sight (look down the barrel with the bolt removed) does it line up with the scope?