Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:16 AM

Default Iraqi Campaign Medal Watch Strap

I posted this in the private non-firearm sales thread, but considering the extremely niche target audience, I thought it would be more appreciated in the Calgunners in Service Thread.

I am proud of my service in the US Army and that I am a veteran of Iraq. Today, however, I wear a suit and tie more often than my uniform, and the only real options for veterans or soldiers to show their pride in service is a moto t-shirt or an operator hat with a Velcro flag.

Military service used to be pretty fashionable - the first Airborne wings were solid silver and made by Tiffany's & Company. Brooks Brothers started off tailoring officer's uniforms in NYC in 1818. Burberry's iconic Trench Coat was originally quite literally designed for WWI soldiers fighting in the trenches. I was looking for a way to bring that back - in a similar way that the British military does with their regimental ties, lapel pins, and formal traditions. Inspired by the British Guards Division NATO watch strap (noticeably worn by many people who never served in the British military, but also, and with more pride, by those in the Guards) I designed and manufactured a nylon NATO watch strap in the colors of the Iraqi Campaign Medal that looks every bit as good in a suit and tie as it does in camouflage uniform and can be worn just as easily with a G-Shock as it can with a Rolex. This strap is 22mm x 27cm and can be worn with any watch that takes a spring bar on its strap.

If you're a veteran of Iraq or want to support those that are, then please check these out. If there is an interest, then I will be able to branch out more and do other medals - I have already had requests for the Afghan Campaign and the GWOT medals.

Price is $25, and shipping & handling varies - I can send them anywhere though, and have had purchases from soldiers in Denmark and Saudi Arabia already. Please let me know what you think.

A portion of every sale goes to support veterans services and organizations.

Amazon Link for Iraqi Campaign Medal Watch Band

My attempts at posting usable pictures were thwarted, but above is a link to the Amazon page - if you would prefer to purchase directly from me, the please PM me here or email me at TheGentlemanScholar@outlook.com
Old 07-09-2017, 5:04 PM

let me know if there ever is an apple watch compatible strap made, i'd pick up a few.
Old 07-10-2017, 8:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Very clever. I hope it becomes a successful product line. It's a low key way to show some pride and mostly recognizable for those who know. I prefer metal, but I might have to get one of these.