Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 6:47 PM

Angry hesitant to buy semi auto

I am hesitant to get a semi auto pistol. I want a Glock 17 but not sure I might be able to have it in the near future with the political idiocy that goes around here. I plan on getting out of the state in 5-10 yrs max, but should I just wait until then? I just do not want it to be confiscated or taken for any reason.
Old 12-25-2018, 6:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

There is little chance that there will be a confiscation,.and even less chance that there will.not be a lengthy period prior to any confiscation to sell or otherwise dispose of whatever is targeted.

Also, pistols aren't likely targets. Antis appear fixated on AR style rifles at present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... Im definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 12-25-2018, 6:53 PM
Calguns Addict

You don't sound ready to me....
Old 12-25-2018, 6:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
I am hesitant to get a semi auto pistol. I want a Glock 17 but not sure I might be able to have it in the near future with the political idiocy that goes around here. I plan on getting out of the state in 5-10 yrs max, but should I just wait until then? I just do not want it to be confiscated or taken for any reason.
LOL.

Attachment 763585

Last edited by Mayor McRifle; 07-09-2019 at 4:29 PM..
Old 12-25-2018, 6:57 PM
Banned

Is this the 1960s or something?

I feel like Brady Bunch is going to be on TV, with I Love Lucy.
Old 12-25-2018, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradecraft View Post
for?
Old 12-25-2018, 7:31 PM
Veteran Member

Something as common as a Glock 17 with 10 round magazines will be safe from the prying hands of CA legislators - Scary black rifles are a different story...

Or if you are really scared of the sky falling, get a Shield or Glock 26... or a revolver (because those are okay for civilians, amirite?)
Old 12-25-2018, 7:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I am hesitant to get a semi auto pistol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradecraft View Post
Quote:
for?
---
Old 12-25-2018, 7:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I would have thought this was a troll post but see you've been on Calguns for almost 6 years...
Old 12-25-2018, 7:52 PM

Get it now before it falls off roster!
Old 12-25-2018, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiiaaannn View Post
I would have thought this was a troll post but see you've been on Calguns for almost 6 years...

Not a troll, I am just concerned.

Last edited by remusrm; 12-25-2018 at 8:11 PM..
Old 12-25-2018, 7:58 PM

Buy it. Arm yourself, before Gavin takes office.
Old 12-25-2018, 8:01 PM
Banned

Buy a Hi Point if youre spooked by what could happen in Krackifornia.

No Spray and Pray.
Old 12-25-2018, 8:18 PM
Veteran Member

If confiscation were coming and I didnt have one, Id have 6 before Gavin could finish his last line of coke.

Buy one lest someone revoke your man card.

You apparently have no idea about the storm that is coming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2018, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911RONIN View Post
If confiscation were coming and I didnt have one, Id have 6 before Gavin could finish his last line of coke.

Buy one lest someone revoke your man card.

You apparently have no idea about the storm that is coming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Storm?
Old 12-25-2018, 8:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Storm?
Yeah the **** show that is Gavin Newsome taking office and attacking 2nd amendment rights.
I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!
Old 12-25-2018, 8:24 PM
Veteran Member

Are you kidding? Are you worried there might be a chance of losing a $500 gun to confiscation, someday? Perhaps shooting sports are not for you.

There are bigger and more important issues out there.
Join the NRA and CRPA, burn your Union card if you have one, and register to vote Red, and stay on top of the issues and vote.
Old 12-25-2018, 8:26 PM
Veteran Member

Semi autos are a little scary, my 4 year old and I load up our guns up with water before blasting things.
Old 12-25-2018, 8:32 PM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

What the hell? I'm not seeing what the dilemma is.
Old 12-25-2018, 8:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You need a new hobby if you're being this scared.
Old 12-25-2018, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
Are you kidding? Are you worried there might be a chance of losing a $500 gun to confiscation, someday? Perhaps shooting sports are not for you.

There are bigger and more important issues out there.
Join the NRA and CRPA, burn your Union card if you have one, and register to vote Red, and stay on top of the issues and vote.
I am not kidding. I asked a legitimate question. I am not the kind that spends money so later I have to get rid of something that I enjoy. And hell if I get the guys here that neuter their previously legally bought arms.

I was an NRA member for year, and I find it no different then other "parties" that just promise things but you still lose rights. I am able to burn my union card thanks to SCOTUS, voted red and am on top of things, hence my question.
Old 12-25-2018, 8:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishootforblood View Post
You sound like a troll looking for a fight, or perhaps a Beta Male? Stand up, or get down on all 4s. There is no in-between. I'm not sorry. Your post is crap. Your should resign your membership in disgrace.
No your post is crap. Not everyone knows what is coming. Why dont you enlighten us and the OP instead of beating members down.
I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!
Old 12-25-2018, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFarmer74 View Post
No your post is crap. Not everyone knows what is coming. Why dont you enlighten us and the OP instead of beating members down.
Thank you!
Old 12-25-2018, 8:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Buy it, shoot it, learn it, enjoy it. If push ever does come to shove and there is a Ca door to door firearms roundup, decide what you stand for and what you will do then. Until then, enjoy what little civil rights commiefornia affords you. Besides, Glock could easily pull the plug on new gen 3 production at any time, or stop paying the annual state extortion fee. Unlikely, but you never know. Every gun sold in that state is a thumb in the eye of the overlords. Do it, great choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2018, 8:51 PM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
I am not kidding. I asked a legitimate question. I am not the kind that spends money so later I have to get rid of something that I enjoy. And hell if I get the guys here that neuter their previously legally bought arms.

I was an NRA member for year, and I find it no different then other "parties" that just promise things but you still lose rights. I am able to burn my union card thanks to SCOTUS, voted red and am on top of things, hence my question.
One whole year? Damn those bastards. They didn't work a miracle within the year.
Old 12-25-2018, 8:54 PM
Veteran Member

Buy it
Old 12-25-2018, 8:56 PM
Calguns Addict

You would be a fool to not be fearful. The Gavin sh*t show is about to begin and it will take gun owners decades and millions to challenge his idiocy through the 9th all the way to the Supreme Court. If and until then, his idiotic bans will likely stand.

But I would much rather buy it before it gets banned. There's an outside chance you'll be able to register it and keep it. Woe will be those that didn't buy before the ban.

And as far as pistol pricing goes, $499 is damn cheap. It's not like you're buying a $5,000 Wilson Combat Supergrade that might get banned.

I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue! - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 12-25-2018, 9:06 PM
Veteran Member

Your question is indeed very legitimate. I have watched the actions of state legislatures for a long time now, and recall that in the early 1980's nobody would have ever believed where we are headed in regards to the draconian gun laws of today. I get it that procuring something that is legal today and possibly not tomorrow would give you pause; I don't think that many folks who have items relegated to being in hiding for fear of confiscation enjoy that situation.
Is it possible that a common G-17 would become contraband?...of course. How likely, and what remedy one may have in the future is unknown. Nobody can predict what laws may come down in the next few administrations, nor how or if any court would take actions to remedy that situation favorably for gun owners.
Being that a G-17 is not really that expensive, I'd say to go ahead and procure one, a bunch of ammo, mags, training, etc., and call it good.
Old 12-25-2018, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splithoof View Post
Your question is indeed very legitimate. I have watched the actions of state legislatures for a long time now, and recall that in the early 1980's nobody would have ever believed where we are headed in regards to the draconian gun laws of today. I get it that procuring something that is legal today and possibly not tomorrow would give you pause; I don't think that many folks who have items relegated to being in hiding for fear of confiscation enjoy that situation.
Is it possible that a common G-17 would become contraband?...of course. How likely, and what remedy one may have in the future is unknown. Nobody can predict what laws may come down in the next few administrations, nor how or if any court would take actions to remedy that situation favorably for gun owners.
Being that a G-17 is not really that expensive, I'd say to go ahead and procure one, a bunch of ammo, mags, training, etc., and call it good.
Exactly! I feel we are on a slope that is getting more abrupt by the day. I am pretty sure they will not come after my Heritage, Henry and LCRx in 22. I just do not want to deal with legal, doj or the issues some had to registered their ar/aks. I used to have an AK and sold it for not enjoying to shoot, only to find out that 4 yrs later they make laws against it. I am someone that is non confrontational, but if need be...

Last edited by remusrm; 12-25-2018 at 9:21 PM..
Old 12-25-2018, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splithoof View Post
This is well reasoned, and certainly prompts thought. All we can do is stay abreast of what is happening, support the organizations that fight for 2A rights and purchase what we can afford in terms of weapons, ammo, and training.

Buy the G17. Well worth price, and they are fun to shoot.
--P
Old 12-25-2018, 9:41 PM

Surrender now on only the fear of what may happen and take up bowling or stamp collecting while you still can. Seriously when in your life have you had to give up something you own because the government deemed it to be unlawful? This OP has to be a joke.
Old 12-25-2018, 9:48 PM

If you're that unsure it's probably best not to buy it. What makes u think the political landscape will be better in the future allowing you to go buy it at will in 5-10 years.
Old 12-25-2018, 9:49 PM

Worrying about all the “what if’s” in life is sure to drive anyone crazy. Buy what you want and enjoy the hobby. Chances are you will be out of the State before the Stormtroopers come to your door for confiscation.
Old 12-25-2018, 9:54 PM
Banned

All my firearms were burned and destroyed in one of the recent fires.

No Spray and Pray.
Old 12-25-2018, 9:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmurphy1969 View Post
Seriously when in your life have you had to give up something you own because the government deemed it to be unlawful?
The whole SKS with detachable magazines debacle comes to mind.....
Old 12-25-2018, 10:03 PM

Im not sure if this is true or not, but I heard newscum wants to ban everything magazine fed. I would stock up on everything now, then if something crazy comes up, move out of the state. What's crazy is I feel that's what they want us to do (move), so then all the people that stay, they can control everything. **** all that.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Im not sure if this is true or not, but I heard newscum wants to ban everything magazine fed. I would stock up on everything now, then if something crazy comes up, move out of the state. What's crazy is I feel that's what they want us to do (move), so then all the people that stay, they can control everything. **** all that.
Pretty sure if it can shoot a projectile or some sort, its fair game.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Buy it. Be prepared to move it or lose it.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:43 PM

The day commiefornia starts confiscating firearms is the day I move out of state. Unfortunately with gruesome newsome as our governor I think there is a distinct possibility of confiscation. But Im sure it would be appealed by the NRA and CRPA which would give me time to get the hell out. So yes, I am worried that we may get to the point where they confiscate firearms, but I wont be giving up any of my guns because Ill move before they take anything from me.

OP, just buy the gun and enjoy it. putting a Confiscation law on the books in CA and the appeal process would would take many years. Since youre planning to leave in 5-10, youll be long gone before they could ever start officially confiscating glocks.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Let's just hide in the corner and be afraid of everything
Closed Thread