Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJJ223 View Post
Baek, the Bible is always relevant. I could just as easily make the case that your wishy washy "love them into the kingdom" Christianity is a farce.

Read the Bible. Lost people get pissed off when you tell them the truth. They were attacking God WAY before I ever got into this discussion.

I am sorry that you have bought into such a weak feminized version of the truth.
Did you even read the Corinthians verse I quoted you?
Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Every single religion in the history of man has made similar vague prophecies, each of them vague enough that you can get just about any disaster to fit. And for every prophecy, there are uncountable errors and mistakes, not to mention completely false assumptions.
I told you evidence was not the issue. If you do your research on the prophesy I listed, you would learn that it predicted to the very DAY Jesus Christ would ride into Jerusalem on a donkey as king.

There are other religions that have vague prophesies. Some of them even come true. Do you know why?

1 Cor 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

Allah is a demon. The Hindu "gods" are demons. The gods of antiquity were demons.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baekacaek View Post
Did you even read the Corinthians verse I quoted you?
Of course I did. There is a time for everything under the sun. The same Paul tells Timothy

2 Timothy 4:2King James Version (KJV)

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrin
e.

You advise me not to use scripture. Paul disagrees with you. Paul also makes it clear that reproving and rebuking is a part of preaching the word.

So, you have a situation where admitted atheists are lying and slandering Jesus Christ. I have quoted scripture and challenged them on both their intent and their honesty. Then, you come along and want to berate me because I am not lovey dovey enough with them?

Last edited by BJJ223; 03-20-2017 at 12:52 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 12:43 PM
No Prisoners!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by relatively-anonymous View Post
Like many others, I'm a gun owner with some disagreements with the NRA and rhetoric. Specifically how they portray atheists as violently opposed to freedom.

The first line of the First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." I firmly believe in that: We are all free as individuals to worship as we see fit and abstain from worship as we see fit and the government should not be involved. The NRA has the biggest lobby power in congress protecting our Second Amendment, but, in doing so, take a big dump on how I choose to exercise my First Amendment religious freedom.

It may be a tall order, but are there any Second Amendment defense groups more accepting to atheists?

I know I'm not alone in this: I have many atheist friends long before I opened myself up to the the gun-owning community here. Once I start talking to them about the joys of target practice and the confidence that knowledge of self defense and home defense that comes with firearm ownership, they usually quickly open up to discussion and sometimes even ask to be taken to the range to try it out. When spoken to respectfully, they're usually quick to see how BS laws like magazine capacity limits, "evil rifle features" and imaginary microstamping technology do nothing to prevent crime.

On a final note: I want to extend compliments to the community here : My religious beliefs are very much a minority in this crowd but nobody has ever told me that I am unwelcome because of them. I get consistent good advice on purchasing, operation, safety, equipment, and discipline in firearm ownership despite ideological differences. I hope that trend can continue. If there is no group that can advance the cause of the Second Amendment without the religious rhetoric of the NRA, I'll swallow my discomfort and you'll soon see that "NRA Member" badge next to my name.
I frequently contribute to groups that further my highest priority interests even when I disagree with the group (or its leaders) on lessor issues.

I've not seen the "anti-atheist" bias you describe, but then I'm not tuned into any religious bias when it comes to my Second Amendment rights. For a while I was withholding contributions to the NRA because board member Grover Norquist was supporting Anti-gun Muslim organizations. It wasn't about the Muslim religion, it was the leftist Anti-gun positions and ties to radical Muslim organizations that I protested.

Since then I realize that the NRA does far more good than harm and so I frequently give to the NRA and CRPA. In fact, I gave $250 on Friday.

The last thing to consider; When you give to an organization you don't know how well the money will be spent. The NRA has been demonstrably successful in preserving our rights against all odds.

I say, the NRA is the best organization to give to if you want to preserve your rights.

Last edited by ScottsBad; 03-20-2017 at 1:00 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Of course I did. There is a time for everything under the sun. The same Paul tells Timothy

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrin
e.

You advise me not to use scripture. Paul disagrees with you. Paul also makes it clear that reproving and rebuking is a part of preaching the word.
I never said dont ever use scripture. I said there are a million ways to say things, and in this particular setting, replying to a normal English conversation with scripture (that particularly talks about them going to hell) is a good way to dismiss yourself as a religious freak, at least to someone who is not interested in believing.

"Preach the word" does not mean recite the scripture in every reply or conversation possible. There's time and place for that. Discernment is key.

You might think I'm practicing girly Christianity, but I believe I am merely respecting others of their viewpoints, and experiences. And learning to think like them. And fulfilling God's command to love others.

Quote:

So, you have a situation where admitted atheists are lying and slandering Jesus Christ. I have quoted scripture and challenged them on both their intent and their honesty. Then, you come along and want to berate me because I am not lovey dovey enough with them?

Here is a clue. Atheists despise that type of weak, girly Christianity. It is enough to make them vomit.
If lovey dovey is what's necessary to win others, then so be it. At least Paul thought so. He even considered himself "slave" to others. A pretty strong choice of word, dont you think?

Last edited by baekacaek; 03-20-2017 at 12:58 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 12:56 PM
No Prisoners!

Quote:
Thank you very much. I re-watched that video with that perception in mind, but the tone of it still struck me as offensive. They used the word "godless" in an extremely disparaging tone in the way a racist would use "brown" or an antisemite would use "Jew." The words "godless" and "brown" and "Jew" are factually accurate and not inherently offensive, but if said with a bit of stank becomes an attack.

I am grateful that the NRA doesn't try to restrict gun ownership FROM the godless. That's to their credit.
When people on the "right" speak of the "godless left" they are referring to the values of the Communist Authoritarian left that denied people the right to freedom of religion. And they are implying that the same idealogical left would confiscate your firearms and, therefore, be free to impose an authoritarian tyranny on people who value the first amendment (freedom of speech and religion).

Freedom of religion also includes the freedom to observe no religion. The danger is when the Government wishes to supplant the freedom of religion with the religion of Government which is no religion or a faith in the government.

I hope this makes sense to you.
Old 03-20-2017, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Of course. That is what I was referring to. Religions that are tolerant of other belief systems by definition cannot be as successful as those who are not.
Which is why I prefer to do my own thinking for myself. I don't care if my "religion" (for lack of a better term) is "successful" or not, only that it works for me. It doesn't have to work for anybody else.
Old 03-20-2017, 1:27 PM

Quote:
I never said dont ever use scripture. I said there are a million ways to say things, and in this particular setting, replying to a normal English conversation with scripture (that particularly talks about them going to hell) is a good way to dismiss yourself as a religious freak, at least to someone who is not interested in believing.
You are wrong on so many levels. The most valuable thing in this entire thread are the references to scripture and fulfilled prophesies. The atheists in this thread will go to hell. It is a very loving thing to do to have the courage to warn them.

I know we live in a feminized snowflake generation and it sounds like you have been brainwashed by it. But, Jesus Christ spoke more about Hell than he did about Heaven.

Matthew 7:13-14 King James Version (KJV)

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Ezekiel 3:18

When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

The biggest problem in the Church today is that it is afraid to tell the whole truth of God.

Last edited by BJJ223; 03-20-2017 at 1:29 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 2:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Well, we went from discussion of whether NRA members being religious implies that the NRA is a religious organization to the discussion about the religion itself.

Expect to see this thread locked soon.
Old 03-20-2017, 2:10 PM

Quote:
You are wrong on so many levels. The most valuable thing in this entire thread are the references to scripture and fulfilled prophesies. The atheists in this thread will go to hell. It is a very loving thing to do to have the courage to warn them.

I know we live in a feminized snowflake generation and it sounds like you have been brainwashed by it. But, Jesus Christ spoke more about Hell than he did about Heaven.

Matthew 7:13-14 King James Version (KJV)

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Ezekiel 3:18

When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Do you honestly believe that your "warning" to people here on Calguns are actually going to do anything? Do you really believe that people here will read your posts and react "oh shoot! I better start believing because I'm going to hell!"? Like I said, you have to think from their shoes. You come off as no different than.. say a Muslim who yells "Allah Akbar". You are no different than thousands of other religious people who proclaim their own religion and cite their own religious books.

I dont doubt your courage. It does take courage to say things that people dont want to hear and hate you for it (except online where it doesnt take courage at all hiding behind a computer screen). But oh how powerful would that courage be if it's coupled with wisdom.

Quote:

The biggest problem in the Church today is that it is afraid to tell the whole truth of God.
No doubt some churches shy away completely from the truth. But no doubt some churches go the other extreme in saying things at inappropriate places and time without practicing any discernment at all.

I want to know, as another poster asked already, do you call every fat person you see fat?

Do you picket funerals of nonbelievers saying the deceased is in hell?

When your 6 year old child asks you how are babies created, do you tell him, well, mom and dad had sex?
Old 03-20-2017, 3:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

To the OP:

That may be NRA fundraising info. Fine. It lets them do their job.

I am an antireligion atheist. I have no fear of the NRA and am a supporter/Endowment member etc.

Will I go to hell? Were I to believe one existed, gawd I hope so if I can stay away from the likes of
Franklin Graham, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, etc.

On a national level, the NRA is the big dog of gun rights esp with legislative control and has busted its
arse getting a pro-gun president [and avoiding a virurlently antigun one...]

That's the only way you can judge results.

Single issue voting & action is the only way.

Every pressure group has 2 sides: a fundraising side and the "actual work".
NRA regardless of its fundraising cant, is exclusively focused on 2A and/or its overlaps with other constitutional
protections (1A free speech vs McCain-Feingold, the DISCLOSE Act stuff, etc.)

And if you're really worried about religious fundamentalists, maybe you really need to defend
your guns/gun rights.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

Last edited by bwiese; 03-20-2017 at 3:47 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 5:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You are wrong on so many levels. The most valuable thing in this entire thread are the references to scripture and fulfilled prophesies. .
Fulfilled Prophesies..?

Who doing the reporting ? I'll tell you....ONE UNKNOWN PERSON that has no peer review or verification of anything. ........the Gospels are all forgeries.....written by people who never met Jesus.

This is a well known fact.

No relevant Prophecies have been fullfilled.....Sure who-ever wrote some of the Gospels..(and we don't know who wrote any of them)..purposely wrote their story and included fable that supposedly full-filled some OT Prophecy.....Funny thing...the OT Prophecies belong to the JEWS...and even they think the NT is a forgery and nothing has been fullfilled... Go to the source...Christianity High-jacked and modified the Jewish Religion...to the point of making stuff up....and still the Jews have dismissed the Jesus-cult as a hoax/fable/lie.....After the fall of the Temple in 70AD...Christianity started to take root....Many Jews were without hope, without a place of worship....some fell for the Jesus myth.

The first Christians were back sliding Jews.

A review....
For several hundred years different groups argued whether Jesus was a SPIRIT or a MAN. This divide continued for several hundred years and was settled by VOTE of Catholic Bishops. Even during the 4th century people argued about this and actually died for one belief or another.

Also notice that the author of Mark wrote in 3rd person and never mentioned the virgin birth.

Matthew copied much of Mark and introduced a virgin birth and several false stories about the killing of the innocent and zombies walking into town that came out of their graves during an earthquake.

Luke admits in Luke 1 thru 4 that he got his information by asking around. We know now that he also copied much of Matthew.

Whoever wrote John late in the first century was an educated man very fluent in GREEK. Certainly not the illiterate fisherman from the Galilee area. Traditional Catholic Beliefs are that these men met and knew Jesus. For the last 200 years the opinion of the top Seminary Schools (Harvard, Princeton etc..) is that the names of the chosen Gospels were assigned in the mid-second century and whoever wrote them never met Jesus.

Add in that Paul admits he met a Spirt (ghost) on a road and not a real man. It isn't hard to imagine Jesus being created by speak and beliefs over a few decades. This is the opinion of many Scholars.
JMO

Be well
Bob

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Old 03-20-2017, 6:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post

You might need to understand America will be a Muslim controlled Country in 200 years or less if the US Government doesnt start actively murdering thousands of Islamic terrorist inside out country right now. and guess what, that isnt going to happen....

Ohhh yeah.....Atheists would never do anyone harm, they are just little cute fuzzballs. Murdering? Did an Atheist just call for murdering? DP is right in there with Lenin and Stalin.

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Banned

No I didn't call for murder. I said it was needed to stop what will eventually happen to the US. You can't stop it. The US will be a Muslim country in less than 200 years.

Christians stopped killing of their opposition, Muslims have not.

Just as we gun owners are slowly and surely losing our rights, the muslims are slowing moving in.

Laugh all you want and ignore religion all you want... someday that is going to bite you all in the butt.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
When people on the "right" speak of the "godless left" they are referring to the values of the Communist Authoritarian left that denied people the right to freedom of religion. And they are implying that the same idealogical left would confiscate your firearms and, therefore, be free to impose an authoritarian tyranny on people who value the first amendment (freedom of speech and religion).

Freedom of religion also includes the freedom to observe no religion. The danger is when the Government wishes to supplant the freedom of religion with the religion of Government which is no religion or a faith in the government.

I hope this makes sense to you.
If the second amendment has no power or value what reason is there to believe the rest of the bill of rights will do any better?

That's why this kind of connection is made by folks.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:15 PM

Also it may be noted that Jesus himself was a man of love who repaired the bent reed rather than snapping it off, who associated with the scum of his society and showed special compassion for those furthest from the truth. You don't see him indiscriminately laying down the Torah except when giving the Pharisees a piece of their own medicine. Church history is not the important part of Christianity, Christ is.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbob View Post
Fulfilled Prophesies..?

Who doing the reporting ? I'll tell you....ONE UNKNOWN PERSON that has no peer review or verification of anything. ........the Gospels are all forgeries.....written by people who never met Jesus.

This is a well known fact.

No relevant Prophecies have been fullfilled.....Sure who-ever wrote some of the Gospels..(and we don't know who wrote any of them)..purposely wrote their story and included fable that supposedly full-filled some OT Prophecy.....Funny thing...the OT Prophecies belong to the JEWS...and even they think the NT is a forgery and nothing has been fullfilled... Go to the source...Christianity High-jacked and modified the Jewish Religion...to the point of making stuff up....and still the Jews have dismissed the Jesus-cult as a hoax/fable/lie.....After the fall of the Temple in 70AD...Christianity started to take root....Many Jews were without hope, without a place of worship....some fell for the Jesus myth.

The first Christians were back sliding Jews.

A review....
For several hundred years different groups argued whether Jesus was a SPIRIT or a MAN. This divide continued for several hundred years and was settled by VOTE of Catholic Bishops. Even during the 4th century people argued about this and actually died for one belief or another.

Also notice that the author of Mark wrote in 3rd person and never mentioned the virgin birth.

Matthew copied much of Mark and introduced a virgin birth and several false stories about the killing of the innocent and zombies walking into town that came out of their graves during an earthquake.

Luke admits in Luke 1 thru 4 that he got his information by asking around. We know now that he also copied much of Matthew.

Whoever wrote John late in the first century was an educated man very fluent in GREEK. Certainly not the illiterate fisherman from the Galilee area. Traditional Catholic Beliefs are that these men met and knew Jesus. For the last 200 years the opinion of the top Seminary Schools (Harvard, Princeton etc..) is that the names of the chosen Gospels were assigned in the mid-second century and whoever wrote them never met Jesus.

Add in that Paul admits he met a Spirt (ghost) on a road and not a real man. It isn't hard to imagine Jesus being created by speak and beliefs over a few decades. This is the opinion of many Scholars.
JMO

Be well
Bob
FIFY

Say it loud and proud Bob!

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-21-2017, 12:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
No I didn't call for murder. I said it was needed to stop what will eventually happen to the US. You can't stop it. The US will be a Muslim country in less than 200 years.

Christians stopped killing of their opposition, Muslims have not.

Just as we gun owners are slowly and surely losing our rights, the muslims are slowing moving in.

Laugh all you want and ignore religion all you want... someday that is going to bite you all in the butt.
Murder was the word you used DP which to me shows your complete hatred and contempt for religion. Your posts show this also, its plain as day. Your so sick and tired of hearing about it that murdering a bunch of them would be of no consequence to you. SMH

Ohh....200 yrs? Naw....it will be sooner but not from Muslims. It will be from the collapse of this culture on its own. Europe is already dying off, all that free love and sex but yet can't even produce enough babies, got to import you know. With that comes cultural change. Same thing here.

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

Old 03-21-2017, 9:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
Murder was the word you used DP ....
And I bet he would not ascribe those deaths to atheism, but to religion.

Atheism, humanism, rationalism, whatever it is called, is no less flawed (or murderous) than any other human endeavor. It follows that it is no more perfect.

Last edited by God Bless America; 03-21-2017 at 12:55 PM..
Old 03-21-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Do you honestly believe that your "warning" to people here on Calguns are actually going to do anything? Do you really believe that people here will read your posts and react "oh shoot! I better start believing because I'm going to hell!"? Like I said, you have to think from their shoes. You come off as no different than.. say a Muslim who yells "Allah Akbar". You are no different than thousands of other religious people who proclaim their own religion and cite their own religious books.

I dont doubt your courage. It does take courage to say things that people dont want to hear and hate you for it (except online where it doesnt take courage at all hiding behind a computer screen). But oh how powerful would that courage be if it's coupled with wisdom.

No doubt some churches shy away completely from the truth. But no doubt some churches go the other extreme in saying things at inappropriate places and time without practicing any discernment at all.

I want to know, as another poster asked already, do you call every fat person you see fat?

Do you picket funerals of nonbelievers saying the deceased is in hell?

When your 6 year old child asks you how are babies created, do you tell him, well, mom and dad had sex?
You don't get it. You think you have the secret formula to "win over" the lost with your cowardly approach. Your job is to preach the word and tell the truth. The rest is up to God and them.

P.S. The Bible does not call me to advise people on their weight. It does tell me to preach the word. You are exactly what is wrong with the church. You probably go to a "Rick Warren" style seeker friendly church that is afraid to preach the word to their shallow congregation because it might hurt their sensitive little feelings. Grow up. Man up. Preach the WHOLE word of God.

Last edited by BJJ223; 03-21-2017 at 1:43 PM..
Old 03-21-2017, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Church history is not the important part of Christianity, Christ is.
"The Church" (and its BOOK) has very little to do with The Christ.
Old 03-21-2017, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
Ohhh yeah.....Atheists would never do anyone harm, they are just little cute fuzzballs. Murdering? Did an Atheist just call for murdering? DP is right in there with Lenin and Stalin.
And? Lenin and Stalin had state atheism, yet were still stuck with superstitious beliefs. They used atheism to try and be cool (to be grossly simplistic about it), not because they believed in facts and evidence like most scientists and modern atheist populations.

If you take the top 10 most religious and least religious countries and compile them based on crime statistics, general well-being (health, decent income, stable society and cultural norms) wealth, happiness, and equality, the atheistic nations would be generally be more advanced. Unless you think the Czech Republic, Sweden, Estonia, Finland, Denmark, Norway and Japan are on the same playing field as Chad, Myanmar, Ethiopia, both the Republic & Democratic Republic of the Congo, Somalia and Bangladesh? 'Cause I sure would prefer being in Denmark over Somalia, personally.

And as for the topic of gun rights: Sweden and most importantly: The Czech Republic proves that a society can have modern beliefs and values and still be gun friendly.

It is a shame that most of the 1st world countries list have such small populations, though.
Old 03-21-2017, 7:39 PM
No Prisoners!

Wow, did this thread go completely nuts or what?
Old 03-21-2017, 10:36 PM
Banned

I love how idiots try to make themselves feel better by twisting a persons words into something they didn't say when you can easily prove that isn't what they said.

I said the US would need to start murdering muslims to stop the eventual religious take over.

So let's go over this statement shall we;
1- am I the US? No.
2- when I say murder do I mean justified killing? No.
3- why did Swalt say I called for the murder of people? Because Swalt has no ideas what he is talking about and probably needs to take a course in ethics, morals and common sense.

I said the US would need to do this to stop the inevitable Muslim take over BUT THAT IT WOULD NOT.

Just to put the record straight I would have no issue with putting any religious person to death for attempting to enslave people. RELIGIOUS PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DOINGBTHAT FOR 20,000 YEARS!
Old 03-22-2017, 8:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
Wow, did this thread go completely nuts or what?
I'm full of regrets -- but at least I got some donations out the door!
Old 03-22-2017, 12:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I love how idiots try to make themselves feel better by twisting a persons words into something they didn't say when you can easily prove that isn't what they said.

I said the US would need to start murdering muslims to stop the eventual religious take over.

So let's go over this statement shall we;
1- am I the US? No.
2- when I say murder do I mean justified killing? No.
3- why did Swalt say I called for the murder of people? Because Swalt has no ideas what he is talking about and probably needs to take a course in ethics, morals and common sense.

I said the US would need to do this to stop the inevitable Muslim take over BUT THAT IT WOULD NOT.

Just to put the record straight I would have no issue with putting any religious person to death for attempting to enslave people. RELIGIOUS PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DOINGBTHAT FOR 20,000 YEARS!
And you double down. SMH

"Murdering? Did an Atheist just call for murdering?" This is a rhetorical question. Followed by.....

"DP is right in there with Lenin and Stalin." This is a statement, lumping you in with the likes of Lenin and Stalin.

Since you have doubled down I do not see my statement is not out of the realm of possibility at all. It all depends on your statement and definition of "for attempting to enslave people". Isn't going to a church or synagogue or mosque or temple or shrine attempts to enslave people? Continuing myths and superstition that enslave, being the "opiate of the people"? That is how the likes of Lenin and Stalin saw it as they closed down churches/synagogues, stole what they had, sent off people to gulags, and took control of the same churches/synagogues and any teachings propagated from them.

You can say YOU did not directly call for murdering but you see that as the solution. Just 1 step away, you just don't have the means as Lenin and Stalin had. Only way to save the US right? "You might need to understand America will be a Muslim controlled Country in 200 years or less if the US Government doesnt start actively murdering thousands of Islamic terrorist inside out country right now."

Don't let a few myths and superstitions get in your way. You put the record straight after all, with justification to boot.

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

Old 03-22-2017, 6:34 PM

Have you guys seen this? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...3#post19858093

Paul

H. Paul Payne
NRA Liaison to the Executive Vice President
NRA Members' Councils Program Administrator
(951) 683-4NRA Office nrausmc@earthlink.net Email
http://www.calnra.com California NRA Web Site ----- CLICK HERE to
Join NRA's California Team of Volunteers

Proud to be an NRA Benefactor Member
Old 03-22-2017, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Me? I'm a corporate wage slave like many others. I have no family or legacy of my own, so I make charitable contributions every year based on groups supporting my interests and ideals. I'm adding Second Amendment defense to that list of interests and ideals that could use financial support, hence this thread.

I think that is a very sad statement, you should use your extra money to try and fix that, instead of giving it away to strangers who will most likely squander it on "administrative" fees, you know, nice hotels, parties, lots of booze, and whores (I'm skilled in these matters if anyone has an opening).
Old 03-23-2017, 1:11 AM
Banned

The Christian God problem.

The CEO of a company is upset. He created a situation where his two employees violated a rule. Their punishment is they can never again eat in the break room. They must always eat at their desk. Not only them but all future employees as well.

Time goes on and the CEOs business is booming! The company has thousands of employees in hundreds of different departments. One day the accounting department goofed up. The CEO responded by firing the entire workforce accept a few people in the mailroom.

Years and years go by. The business is again booming, and again the employees rolls are in the thousands again. There is one problem, the employees in R&D are stealing from the CEO!!! Not only that the employees in accounting are getting audited by the finance department . The CEO sends a message for the finance office to "let the accounts go" back to work. Just as the CFO is about to do this, the CEO tells him if he keeps screwing with the accounting department he will get a huge fat raise!!! So the CFO doesn't stop screwing with them, he needs that bonus to pay his mortgage. One thing leads to another and finally the CFO stops bothering the accounting department. The CEO rewards him by firing his entire staff and killing his son.

Well now the accounting department is free to do their job. First order of business, kill the guys in R&D, ... remember they were stealing from the CEO. Why the CEO didn't just deal with them himself is just how the CEO rolls.

Things are looking good now. But once again the employees in the mailroom are goofing off. There is only one thing for the CEO to do... yup, you know it. Fire everyone accept a few guys in the R&D department.

Years and years go by. The CEO can't seem to figure out why his company is constantly going up and down. He figures it out!!! It's because the employees are not allowed in the break room!

So he makes a plan. The CEO is going to allow everyone who pledges to be good access to the break room. He does this by putting on a disguise then taking a job as a janitor. He tells the Head Janitor who he is and what He tells the head janitor who he is, then tells him if everyone believe him he will open the break room up. But her is the catch.., the CEO fires himself as the janitor, goes back to his office and will refuse to confirm what he told the Head Janitor. The head janitors only proof is a old paycheck and firing notice which proves the CEO lost a tiny fraction of his income when he got fired.

People say, cool great, I'm in!!! So can I get into the break room now? No says the janitor. You can only get into the break room if you get fired.

If this makes any sense to you.. congratulations, you're a Christian.
Old 03-23-2017, 3:08 AM

Quote:
I told you evidence was not the issue. If you do your research on the prophesy I listed, you would learn that it predicted to the very DAY Jesus Christ would ride into Jerusalem on a donkey as king.

There are other religions that have vague prophesies. Some of them even come true. Do you know why?

1 Cor 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

Allah is a demon. The Hindu "gods" are demons. The gods of antiquity were demons.
I really hate to break it to you, but the prophesy was from the OLD testament, and was WELL KNOWN to Jesus and his contemporaries. He acted out the prophesy that was well established. It would be like predicting Pizza for dinner then ordering Dominoes and claiming that the pepperoni prophesy was fulfilled.
Old 03-23-2017, 5:45 AM

Did he act out his death on the cross too? How about his resurrection? The piercing of his side by the Roman soldier? I am sure he acted out / convinced Judas to accept 30 pieces of silver to for his betrayal. The Romans destroyed the temple in AD70. He acted out that too.

I hate to break it to you. But, Jesus Christ is the promised one foretold by the Old Testament scriptures.

Daniel 9:26

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary;
Old 03-23-2017, 7:18 AM
Banned

FYI - Daniel 9 has been confirmed to be a forgery like 20 years ago... there are whole books about it.

It was written in in like 500 BC, forged to be from like 2000bc, claims to have a date, which was re-calculated several times. That is why there were a DOZEN guys running around claiming to be the "savior" at the same time.

One of those dozen guys deaths.., they were all killed... got a following 20 years afterward.

Everyone of the SAVIORS had apostles, did magic tricks, pissed off roman and was killed for it.

Many of them had large churches. The Savior you follow just had the best business manager who know how to market his bs to make money. It's a testament to greed and gullibility.

I can link you a video on the subject if you want
Old 03-23-2017, 9:14 AM

Quote:
FYI - Daniel 9 has been confirmed to be a forgery like 20 years ago... there are whole books about it.

It was written in in like 500 BC, forged to be from like 2000bc, claims to have a date, which was re-calculated several times. That is why there were a DOZEN guys running around claiming to be the "savior" at the same time.

One of those dozen guys deaths.., they were all killed... got a following 20 years afterward.

Everyone of the SAVIORS had apostles, did magic tricks, pissed off roman and was killed for it.

Many of them had large churches. The Savior you follow just had the best business manager who know how to market his bs to make money. It's a testament to greed and gullibility.

I can link you a video on the subject if you want
You are such a liar. The book of Daniel is not a forgery. The Old Testament was translated to Greek in 273BC. The dead sea scrolls confirm the veracity of the Old Testament copy we have.

There were false messiahs before Jesus and after Jesus. The Deceiver has always been busy at work.

John 10:7-9

Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

P.S. Prankster actually made one of my points for me proving that Jesus Christ claimed to be the Messiah by entering Jerusalm the EXACT day as foretold by Daniel the prophet.

Luke 19:41-43 King James Version (KJV)

And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
Old 03-23-2017, 9:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Also it may be noted that Jesus himself was a man of love who repaired the bent reed rather than snapping it off, who associated with the scum of his society and showed special compassion for those furthest from the truth. You don't see him indiscriminately laying down the Torah except when giving the Pharisees a piece of their own medicine. Church history is not the important part of Christianity, Christ is.
Following up on your excellent post, does BJ223 ever wonder why Jesus did not just smite the non-believers? Why did he not just point and condemn? He could have, but did not. His miracles were all about healing and good things. He didn't tell the prostitute that she was going to hell if she did not see things his way. Instead he treated her like a soul worthy of saving, and with kindness.

Christians are supposed to follow Jesus's teaching and examples. To scold everybody like a misled Pharisee would is to exploit a small part of the new testament, and ignore the important part.

Fighting and criticizing are easy, especially on the internet. Loving others despite their faults is the hard part.

It is deeply disappointing to me that BJ223 is so misled. Hopefully he is as young or new to Christianity as I suspect he is, and as he matures, he will stop with the smug condemnations, and start the hard work of loving as Christians are told to do.

Last edited by God Bless America; 03-23-2017 at 10:32 AM..
Old 03-23-2017, 9:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumngun View Post
I think that is a very sad statement, you should use your extra money to try and fix that, instead of giving it away to strangers who will most likely squander it on "administrative" fees, you know, nice hotels, parties, lots of booze, and whores (I'm skilled in these matters if anyone has an opening).
I think everyone will agree with this: "Not everyone should have children."
Old 03-23-2017, 10:12 PM
Banned

Sorry BJJ223, the Danial 9 documents are a forgery and completely fictional.

https://infidels.org/library/modern/...al/daniel.html
Old 03-23-2017, 10:48 PM
Banned

Oh and here's a funny video with actual real world facts about Daniel 9, enjoy

https://youtu.be/l-Xg4zFQyqY
Old 03-24-2017, 4:30 AM

"God Bless America" is not a Christian. He condemned himself in his own words doubting Jesus Christ is the only way to God. That is why he thinks kissing Atheist butt is the best approach to winning over the lost. He is another feminized male in our cowardly society. He does not know or respect the Bible. Actually, he makes me want to vomit.

The entire Bible is the words of Jesus. Rebuking evil (dieselpower) is not forbidden.

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

Last edited by BJJ223; 03-24-2017 at 6:46 AM..
Old 03-24-2017, 5:37 AM

Surprised this is still going. Not sure what any of this has to do with the OP's original question.
Old 03-24-2017, 6:40 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta34 View Post
Surprised this is still going. Not sure what any of this has to do with the OP's original question.
This^^^^

That answer is Yes.....let's support the NRA regardless.

We need them.

Be well kids

Bob

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Closed Thread