Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2018, 6:56 PM

Default Where to test shotgun in east bay?

I’m taking a shotgun class in early December and am looking for somewhere to test out a few guns beforehand. All I really need is somewhere where I can just load up a few shotguns with 3 or 4 different types of ammo (mostly 00 buck and slugs) and shoot them at a fairly rapid pace to make sure they’re not finicky with the ammo. The local ranges I’ve been to are pretty strict with their shotgun rules - slugs only, no rapid fire, etc. anyone know of a good place?
Old 10-07-2018, 7:18 PM

I remember shooting buckshot at Richmond a few years ago on their public rifle range off to the far right. Call them, see what they say
Old 10-10-2018, 8:19 AM

Richmond rod and gun. No ammo restrictions on shotgun I believe. No pistol grip only shotguns no rapid fire. They have 1 or 2 bays for shotguns, always empty when I have gone.
Old 10-10-2018, 8:23 AM
Calguns Addict

Dublin also allows shotguns. Only out to 25 years. Not sure of ammo allowed though. Check out their website or call the range.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 10-10-2018, 8:33 AM

Maybe just go to a BLM and have at it? Cow Mountain is the closest one to you.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Dublin also allows shotguns. Only out to 25 years. Not sure of ammo allowed though. Check out their website or call the range.
Last time I checked, Dublin only allowed slugs and you had to purchase from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_alpha01 View Post
Maybe just go to a BLM and have at it? Cow Mountain is the closest one to you.
I’m leaning toward that. Just found out I need to drive down to LA in a couple weeks so I plan to visit Tumey Hills on the way down there.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:08 PM

I believe Linden has a couple lanes with chain link fence instead of target stands where you can shoot buckshot. At least, that was the case about 6 months ago. RRGC's action range is the only range I can think of in the east bay that fits all your requirements, but you need to have taken their safety class or have shot competition (USPSA, IPDA, etc.) to shoot there and it is only open Saturday 0930-1330.
Old 10-13-2018, 9:41 AM
Veteran Member

Richmond has 2 shooting lanes on the far right of the pistol line specifically for shotgun shooting. Same requirements on time per shot as pistol, no more than 1 shot every 4 seconds. We sell birdshot, 00 buck, and slugs for testing. You can bring your own. Unlike the skeet range, there is no restriction on payload (lead is allowed). Shotguns not allowed are pistol grip only guns. It must have a stock. Pistol grip stocks similar to the Benelli M2 are allowed (they have a shoulder stock).

Action range has the requirements above.. We do have a multi-gun practice on bay 4 of the action range every first Saturday but this sounds like you just want to test how the gun functions with different ammo.
Old 10-14-2018, 7:42 PM
Still in The Game
CGN Contributor

If you're able to do this on a Sunday, we could possibly go to my secret underground range. It's not far from you in Solano County
Old 10-17-2018, 8:36 AM

Big pimping if you ever need someone to tag along with you let me know I have a ton of 9mm and .40. I'm in pinole
Old 10-18-2018, 7:04 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by boopiejones View Post
I’m leaning toward that. Just found out I need to drive down to LA in a couple weeks so I plan to visit Tumey Hills on the way down there.
Tumey is currently closed to ALL Target Shooting right now and I'm pissed about it. Typically target shooting is possible all year, but as of 8/1/2018 it has been shut down.

Be sure to check at this link for updates. The last affecting Tumey was on 10/12:

https://www.blm.gov/news?body_value&...5W6DhZ1I0vd2hM
Old 10-22-2018, 9:41 PM

Martinez Gun Club in Martinez. Open until 9:00
United Sportsmsn in Concord