Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2018, 9:14 PM
CGSSA President
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Exclamation CALGUNS: Let's Get Bob Lindsey voted in for LA Co Sheriff

CALGUNS: Let's Get Bob Lindsey voted in for LA Co Sheriff

This is what CALGUNS needs:

1. Facebook information drives
2. Twitter information drives
3. Flyer distribution to Gun shops in LA County
4. Flyer distribution to Gun Ranges
5. Flyer distribution to gun shows

Email me Jacob@CGSSA.Org and tell me how you can help.

Everyone Bob Lindsey is a Pro Gun, Pro CCW Candidate for LA County Sheriff, who says he is "Shall Issue"!
Quote from Bob:
California law is clear. You must be able to legally possess a firearm, attend a
mandatory certified training course, pass a criminal background check and be
of good moral character. The final requirement is to show good cause for the
issuance of a concealed weapons permit. In this day in age of rising crime and terrorism, I believe good cause is simply “self-defense”. I will issue concealed carry permits to those who meet the requirements under California law

Here to help

Pennys Dad
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association
CALGUNS official 501 C3 Non-Profit

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

Last edited by pennys dad; 02-16-2018 at 8:33 AM..
Old 02-19-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennys dad View Post

Everyone Bob Lindsey is a Pro Gun, Pro CCW Candidate for LA County Sheriff, who says he is "Shall Issue"!
Quote from Bob:
California law is clear. You must be able to legally possess a firearm, attend a
mandatory certified training course, pass a criminal background check and be
of good moral character. The final requirement is to show good cause for the
issuance of a concealed weapons permit. In this day in age of rising crime and terrorism, I believe good cause is simply “self-defense”. I will issue concealed carry permits to those who meet the requirements under California law

I'd be more then happy to plaster them all over in the Valley (North Hoollywood and surounding).
Old 02-24-2018, 3:53 PM
CGSSA President

Thank you

Here to help

Pennys Dad

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 03-11-2018, 2:41 PM
Calguns Addict

It's been almost a month and only 1 CGNer has stepped forward -- out of a county with a population of over 10,000,000 -- to volunteer to help get a pro-CCW sheriff elected?!!!

Or am I missing something?

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 03-11-2018, 9:52 PM
CGSSA President

Facebook produced several, flyers are going out

Here to help

Pennys Dad

Old 03-11-2018, 9:56 PM

I've printed about 200 them, covered a number of areas. I'll be out of town next week but I've asked the wife to hand them out to LOL
Old 03-11-2018, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member

The turners in Signal Hill had apparently been coordinated with. They said they already "had permission" and let me put them at front counter and gun counter.

FT3 range in Stanton is running it past management, but I left them with a good stack and my contact info.

I'll hit Norwalk turners and Ammo Bros, cerritos this week.
Old 03-12-2018, 4:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Wow. It sounds like you guys are just winging it.... That won't succeed.

You do realize that LA Co has a pop of 10M: that's greater than 43 states.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_population

You need to form a county organization, like folks did in San Diego county with San Diego County Gun Owners PAC.
http://sandiegocountygunowners.com/
Facebook page to contact them: https://www.facebook.com/SDCGO/

They've gotten Sheriff Gore to issue more CCWs to the point where SD Co is now yellow (vs light red), on the CA CCW GC map. (see bottom of this post)

You should contact them re. starting a LA Co "branch" of their organization. (OC has started a branch.) You NEED their advice!

You need to identify & locate EVERY gun shop in LA Co and just over the border (since those ones might be closer to LA Co residents just inside the border. You have to have each shop covered by 2 separate people to ensure it always has fliers. The fliers must have your organizations' name and contact info and a request for volunteers to help in "Self Defense = Good Cause" for LA Co residents.

"Target rich" environments for volunteers, voters and leaders of your organization include every IDPA (http://www.idpa.com/) and IPSC/USPDA (https://uspsa.org/) club inside LA Co and over the borders.

Have your fliers say something about sharing this info w/friends, family members, coworkers, church friends and everyone else who might need or want to be able to defend themselves. That way LEOs who see it will think of their spouses, parents, children, etc whereas they might otherwise think "I'm good. This is not for me."

I'd also search for local PPC clubs too, as well as other shooting (trap, skeet, sporting clay, silhouette, high power, Cowboy, etc), and hunting clubs.

Wish you the best, but if you folks don't take this as seriously as a campaign for statewide office in 1 of those 43 states, you'll never beat the incumbent and just be wasting your time, money and effort.... (Or, looking on the bright side, be practicing for the 2022 sheriff's election.)

ETA: Looks like NOBODY even bothered posting about this effort in the LA County CCW Info thread! http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...352761&page=20 Wow... Just "wow" and not in a good way. I won't even bother to see if anyone is promoting it in the CCW Discussion forum....

Good luck! You'll need it.

Last edited by Paladin; 03-12-2018 at 11:21 PM..
Old 03-12-2018, 9:05 PM
Head Janitor

So do you want to help or just criticize?

There's plenty of people willing to say why something will fail, that's easy.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post

If you can take constructive criticism, you will see that the flipside of every "criticism" is a suggestion, a piece of advice....

I guess you missed where I said "winging it" won't suffice.

I guess you missed where I showed the true magnitude of the undertaking (like campaigning for a statewide office in a state with a population greater than Georgia.

I guess you missed where I identified your primary weakness as a lack of strategic leadership and lack of an organization.

I guess you missed where I advised copying the model of San Diego County Gun Owners for the organization.

I guess you missed where I provided both the website and the FB page links to SDCGO so that you can easily see what they're about, what they've done wrt CCWs in SD Co, and how to contact them re. forming a LA Co "branch" (like their OC branch).

I guess you missed where I suggested items to be on the fliers, including soliciting volunteers for said new LA Co organization.

I guess you missed where I suggested contacting IDPA, USPDA, PPC and other shooting and hunting clubs both to distribute fliers and to find volunteers.

I guess you missed where I said they need to locate every gun shop in LA Co and just over the border so that once you've got enough volunteers to cover them, then you can start distributing fliers through those locations.

I think I stated it in another post re. the LA Sheriffs race, but not here. This organization can be used to organize local opposition to local ordinances (city or county). So even if your guy doesn't win in June (or the Nov runoff), there still is a critical need for it to exist. Plus, you should try to have an effective, county-wide organization in place by 2021 January in order to win the 2022 June sheriff election.

I guess you missed where I implied that someone should get CGN approval to promote this new org and their goal/s in the LA Co CCW Information Forum and the CCW Discussion forum.

LA Co has 1/3rd of the state's population, ~10,000,000 souls. That means ~1/3rd of all CGNers should be from LA Co. I freely gave 25+ min of my time, effort and knowledge this morning in that post, and I've just given another 25+ min in this one. That's 50+ min more than most LA CGNers. And, no, I don't live in LA Co, or even SoCal.

See, back in Sept-Nov 2005, before I joined CGN, I was lurking, monitoring Don Kilmer's petition drive. In Nov/Dec I called him and said look at the numbers, there's no way you'll make it, you'll just burn out a bunch of good guys who are volunteering their time and effort in a signature drive. He didn't like my advice.... So, I joined CGN and bidded my time. About Jan/Feb, everyone was beginning to understand the enormity of the task, and I suggested throwing in the towel. Some did. Many persisted, got burned out and weren't heard from again, or not for a few YEARS! Yep, that's what happens and what I don't want to see happen yet again. Getting crushed is dispiriting, discouraging. That's happened several times on CGN, most recently after the Peruta en banc and denial of cert. Good people get crushed and quit.

Oh, and a bonus: Don't needlessly insult the incumbent (not saying that you have), since the odds are you'll have to deal with him for the next 4 years. In politics you can never have too many friends or too few enemies.

Last edited by Paladin; 03-12-2018 at 11:24 PM..
Old 03-13-2018, 12:05 AM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post

If you can take constructive criticism, you will see that the flipside of every "criticism" is a suggestion, a piece of advice....

I didn't miss it at all.
This is not the first campaign like this we've run, 'winging it' happened about 6 years ago or so.

I guess you missed where I showed the true magnitude of the undertaking (like campaigning for a statewide office in a state with a population greater than Georgia.
Nope, didn't miss it, just did not give it much credence.
Again, this is not our first rodeo. We've worked fairly large campaign efforts before. We came very close to seating a CA Assembly person, enough so that even the State Party recognized our efforts for helping to come within one percentage point of winning the election.

I guess you missed where I identified your primary weakness as a lack of strategic leadership and lack of an organization.
Nor did I miss this, I just glossed over it as lack of knowledge.

I guess you missed where I advised copying the model of San Diego County Gun Owners for the organization.

I guess you missed where I provided both the website and the FB page links to SDCGO so that you can easily see what they're about, what they've done wrt CCWs in SD Co, and how to contact them re. forming a LA Co "branch" (like their OC branch).
Thank you but we've been running our own organization for some time now.

I guess you missed where I suggested items to be on the fliers, including soliciting volunteers for said new LA Co organization.
The flyers come directly from Bob Lindsay's campaign, with some suggestions added in.
As much as you suggest we're 'winging it' that comes from assumption.

I guess you missed where I suggested contacting IDPA, USPDA, PPC and other shooting and hunting clubs both to distribute fliers and to find volunteers.
Again, not missed, moved past.
One of our Board of Directors is well entrenched in IDPA, IPSC, USPDA and more. Well enough to have a diverse range of contacts and connections.
I moved past it because I am aware of what you are not.

I guess you missed where I said they need to locate every gun shop in LA Co and just over the border so that once you've got enough volunteers to cover them, then you can start distributing fliers through those locations.
Done, years ago.
You left out indoor and outdoor ranges as well.

I think I stated it in another post re. the LA Sheriffs race, but not here. This organization can be used to organize local opposition to local ordinances (city or county). So even if your guy doesn't win in June (or the Nov runoff), there still is a critical need for it to exist. Plus, you should try to have an effective, county-wide organization in place by 2021 January in order to win the 2022 June sheriff election.
This has been a mapped out plan for some time, the LA Sheriff's race is just one effort.

I guess you missed where I implied that someone should get CGN approval to promote this new org and their goal/s in the LA Co CCW Information Forum and the CCW Discussion forum.
CGN has approved the organization, that's why it carries our name.

And, no, I live in the SFBA, not LA Co, not even SoCal. LA Co has 1/3rd of the state's population, ~10,000,000 souls. I freely gave 25+ min of my time, effort and knowledge this morning in that post, and I've just given another 25+ min in this one. That's 50+ min more than most LA CGNers....
The thing is you're working from supposition not data.
Or should I say assumption.

See, back in Sept-Nov 2005, before I joined CGN, I was lurking, monitoring Don Kilmer's petition drive. In Nov/Dec I called him and said look at the numbers, there's no way you'll make it, you'll just burn out a bunch of good guys who are volunteering their time and effort in a signature drive. He didn't like my advice.... So, I joined CGN and bided my time. About Jan/Feb, everyone was beginning to understand the enormity of the task, and I suggested throwing in the towel. Some did. Many persisted, got burned out and weren't heard from again, or not for a few YEARS! Yep, that's what happens and what I don't want to see happen yet again. Getting crushed is dispiriting, discouraging. That's happened several times on CGN, most recently after the Peruta en banc and denial of cert. Good people get crushed and quit.

Oh, and a bonus: Don't needlessly insult the incumbent (not saying that you have), since the odds are you'll have to deal with him for the next 4 years....
The Incumbent is virulently anti-gun, there's not much we can do to damage a non-existent 'relationship'.
Besides we can afford to be the 'bad guys' because we're not affiliated with anyone so there's no real kickback available.
As I mentioned, this is not our first effort and while I'll be the first to say we're learning more with every outing we're also not starting from scratch.

We're working with the campaign not just pushing our own effort and we're planning for beyond the election. We're also mapping where we're successful and where we're not for the future.

Now you'll excuse me if I'm a bit snippy but frankly efforts like this thrive on confidence that we CAN succeed and coming in here with no knowledge of what is really going on or what is involved and running down the efforts people are making is not only not helpful it's detrimental.

If you had or have concerns or suggestions they are better off addressed via PM where misconceptions or lack of information can be corrected before bringing FUD to the effort publicly.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 03-13-2018, 6:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
As I mentioned, this is not our first effort and while I'll be the first to say we're learning more with every outing we're also not starting from scratch.

We're working with the campaign not just pushing our own effort and we're planning for beyond the election. We're also mapping where we're successful and where we're not for the future.

Now you'll excuse me if I'm a bit snippy but frankly efforts like this thrive on confidence that we CAN succeed and coming in here with no knowledge of what is really going on or what is involved and running down the efforts people are making is not only not helpful it's detrimental.

If you had or have concerns or suggestions they are better off addressed via PM where misconceptions or lack of information can be corrected before bringing FUD to the effort publicly.
Wait a minute: so you're now telling me instead of replying:

Quote:

you could simply have said
Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions, Paladin. Trust me: we've got all those bases and more covered.
I would have just replied as I do now:
Quote:
Great! I'm glad to hear that. Wish you guys the best!
Hopefully, we'll hear good news come June or Nov and a year from now we'll be reading posters saying they're getting CA CCWs issued by the LASD.

Last edited by Paladin; 03-13-2018 at 9:00 AM..
Old 03-20-2018, 10:25 PM
Calguns Addict

He's got his own website too:

https://sheriffboblindsey.com/

And I would like to put these reminders here:

VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINE: May 21, 2018 - especially important for adults who recently turned 18, or are set to turn 18 between now and then. I mean, who knows; California (and some other states) are currently pushing legislation to remove your ability to buy a long-gun until Age 21, will they seek to remove your right to vote next?

MAIL IN BALLOT REQUEST DEADLINE: May 29, 2018

ELECTION DAY!!! June 5, 2018 - Vote for Bob Lindsey.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:35 AM

Paladin,

I for one would like to thank you for the advice. Advice, like medicine, is not always welcomed, but necessary nevertheless. Especially when you are going up against well organized and funded opponents. I'm sure Kestryll knows that as well. He, like many of us, hope against hope that somehow God himself will intervene, or that suddenly everyone in the county will get a brain.

I think it is a bit like pissing in the wind, but hey, stranger things have happened!

Thanks!

P.S. I agree, never burn your bridges....

Quote:

LA Co has 1/3rd of the state's population, ~10,000,000 souls. That means ~1/3rd of all CGNers should be from LA Co. I freely gave 25+ min of my time, effort and knowledge this morning in that post, and I've just given another 25+ min in this one. That's 50+ min more than most LA CGNers. And, no, I don't live in LA Co, or even SoCal.

See, back in Sept-Nov 2005, before I joined CGN, I was lurking, monitoring Don Kilmer's petition drive. In Nov/Dec I called him and said look at the numbers, there's no way you'll make it, you'll just burn out a bunch of good guys who are volunteering their time and effort in a signature drive. He didn't like my advice.... So, I joined CGN and bidded my time. About Jan/Feb, everyone was beginning to understand the enormity of the task, and I suggested throwing in the towel. Some did. Many persisted, got burned out and weren't heard from again, or not for a few YEARS! Yep, that's what happens and what I don't want to see happen yet again. Getting crushed is dispiriting, discouraging. That's happened several times on CGN, most recently after the Peruta en banc and denial of cert. Good people get crushed and quit.

Oh, and a bonus: Don't needlessly insult the incumbent (not saying that you have), since the odds are you'll have to deal with him for the next 4 years. In politics you can never have too many friends or too few enemies.
Old 03-31-2018, 9:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag View Post
Paladin,

I for one would like to thank you for the advice. Advice, like medicine, is not always welcomed, but necessary nevertheless. Especially when you are going up against well organized and funded opponents. I'm sure Kestryll knows that as well. He, like many of us, hope against hope that somehow God himself will intervene, or that suddenly everyone in the county will get a brain.

I think it is a bit like pissing in the wind, but hey, stranger things have happened!

Thanks!

P.S. I agree, never burn your bridges....

For those who like and want a Sig line banner like mine, supporting Bob Lindsey, here's how to make one:

Quote:
Cool!

Thanks, Kes.

If anyone wants to do the same:
(1) Select User CP from the 2nd blue bar across the top of every CGN webpage.
(2) Under "Your Control Panel" (left column), select "Editing Signature" under "Settings & Options".
(3) Delete your current sig line pic if you have one.
(4) Select "Upload Signature Picture" and put in the empty field: https://i.imgur.com/Uu7qJxL.gif
(5) Select "Save Signature"

and that should be it! If not, just try different options that may make sense.

FWIW I embedded mine with a hyperlink to his campaign's website: http://sheriffboblindsey.com/ To do that, put [U*L="http://sheriffboblindsey.com/"] in front of [SIGPIC] (but use a "R" in place of the "*") and after [/SIGPIC] put [/URL]

Old 04-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Calguns Addict

I should point out that while LA county has ~1/3rd of CA's population, since about 1/2 of CA's population can readily get CCWs and about 1/2 can't -- and LA falls into the "can't" half -- LA county has ~2/3rds of all Californians who can't get a CCW.

Winning LA county by electing Bob Lindsey for sheriff would be a TREMENDOUS WIN for our side!

Old 04-02-2018, 5:50 PM

Bob Lindsey needs a T.V. commercial...that`s the bottom line....what`s being done about it...to make it happen?
Old 04-02-2018, 6:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Suggestion:

Let's harp on the actual date of the election for the forgetful folks!
"Vote for Bob Lindsey for Sheriff on June 5th, 2018 and then again on November 6th, 2018!"
Old 04-02-2018, 8:43 PM
CGSSA President

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
Suggestion:

Let's harp on the actual date of the election for the forgetful folks!
"Vote for Bob Lindsey for Sheriff on June 5th, 2018 and then again on November 6th, 2018!"
Good idea

Here to help

Pennys Dad

Old 04-02-2018, 10:08 PM

https://m.facebook.com/events/225456558002818

At Oak Tree on the 20th
Old 04-03-2018, 6:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennys dad View Post

<snip>

I hope your outreach is in Spanish and other (esp Asian) languages as well....

Have you guys asked in General Firearms and OT for members to use their own social media accounts to spread the word about Lindsey and CCWs? To tell their own ethnic/national (Korean, Viet, Chinese, So/Central American, etc) /sexual/racial communities about CCWs and to vote for Lindsay?

If you need it (website production, fliers, etc), have you asked for IT help in our IT forum?

Last edited by Paladin; 04-03-2018 at 6:49 AM..
Old 04-03-2018, 6:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag6.8 View Post
Bob Lindsey needs a T.V. commercial...that`s the bottom line....what`s being done about it...to make it happen?
Radio is a lot cheaper and gets people who are more likely to actually vote (folks commuting at 8:00 am vs folks watching TV at 10 am).

CGN has 25,000 "active" members. LA Co has 1/3rd of CA's population. Assume same proportion, so >8,000 active CGNers are in LA.

Figure out a way of doing the Ice Bucket Challenge here. Get LA members to promise to donate, let's say, equivalent of 3 hours of pay to Lindsey's campaign. For simplicity, let's assume avg pay of $33/hr. That's $100 each from >8,000 members for $800,000 to help win CCWs for LA Co.

Think that might help Lindsey win?

Just brainstorming....

Old 04-05-2018, 8:12 PM
Calguns Addict

I just started a thread on one of the national forums promoting Lindsey.

I strongly suggest anyone who's a member of GlockTalk, AR15.com and other large forums do the same.

Last edited by Paladin; 04-07-2018 at 11:19 AM..
Old 04-06-2018, 8:13 AM

There are some big dollar fundraisers for the incumbent going on. Just google 'sheriff mcdonnell fundraiser'. Some at $250 to $1,500 per seat.

Not to say a well-funded campaign is going to win the election but it sure helps. Then again, look at the recent special elections and what happened with Justin Clark, a 19-year-old republican who made a head-to-head runoff with the highly funded Jesse Gabrial.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Calguns Addict

Highly motivated interest groups (like us gun nuts) do get a benefit from very low-turnout elections, such as this midterm primary election. Also helping us is that there's a Hispanic identity-politics candidate who will get some of the race-based progressive votes. Against us is the entire Democratic machine of Los Angeles.

I know that incumbent sheriffs don't lose, except when they almost do. Sheriff Hutchens won in 2010 with only 52% of the vote. If the opposition hadn't been bitterly split she could have lost. In this case there is only one candidate running against McDonnell who isn't a far-left racist.
Old 04-06-2018, 4:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknicholson View Post
There are some big dollar fundraisers for the incumbent going on. Just google 'sheriff mcdonnell fundraiser'. Some at $250 to $1,500 per seat.

Not to say a well-funded campaign is going to win the election but it sure helps.
Then again, look at the recent special elections and what happened with Justin Clark, a 19-year-old republican who made a head-to-head runoff with the highly funded Jesse Gabrial.
That is one of the advantages of being an incumbent: everyone donates to you because they know you'll probably win and they want to be on the winning side....

The ONLY thing that will beat it is an extremely well organized grassroots campaign.

Does Lindsey have that? Is CGN helping with that? We've got ~25,000 "active" CGN members. If 1/3rd are in LA county (just as 1/3rd of CAians are LA county residents), that should be >8,000 people helping CGN help Lindsey.

I haven't noticed any threads asking Asian CGNers for help with translating and producing fliers. In LA Co, there are Koreatowns, Japantowns, Chinatowns and Little Saigons. (this list is not exhaustive, and some are only for City of LA, not counting communities in LA Co outside of City of LA)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koreatown%2C_Los_Angeles
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Tokyo,_Los_Angeles
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinatown%2C_Los_Angeles
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chines...Gabriel_Valley
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little...Gabriel_Valley

If no one has yet, someone should contact Huy Fong Foods since, IIRC, he LOVES America and may support your efforts.

Fliers directed to the HUGE Hispanic community is also critical, as are fliers that appeal to the black/AA community.

Even the LBGT/etc community should be targeted. Don't forget the conservative Jewish communities.

If LA Co CGNers want CCWs, they'll have to beat the bushes for every vote they can get. Like I said before, this is a MASSIVE undertaking, strategically and logistically.

I've posted many suggestions, but I'm just 1 guy in NorCal. SoCal folk and esp LA Co folk, need to step up if they haven't. The time & effort I spend on this is of NO DIRECT BENEFIT to me.

Last edited by Paladin; 04-06-2018 at 4:31 PM..
Old 04-08-2018, 3:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I hope your outreach is in Spanish and other (esp Asian) languages as well....

Have you guys asked in General Firearms and OT for members to use their own social media accounts to spread the word about Lindsey and CCWs? To tell their own ethnic/national (Korean, Viet, Chinese, So/Central American, etc) /sexual/racial communities about CCWs and to vote for Lindsay?

If you need it (website production, fliers, etc), have you asked for IT help in our IT forum?
Yet another suggestion: Lindsey's website is all in English. Would it help if it is mirrored(?) in Spanish and various Asian languages? If so, one of the leaders of the CGSSA support group for Lindsey might want to make threads (in OT? General Firearms?) asking for speakers/writers in those languages who want to have a MAJOR pro-2nd A impact in this state to volunteer to help Lindsey's campaign with that (assuming their campaign would want that).

http://sheriffboblindsey.com/volunteer/

FWIW, although I only skimmed, I did not notice anything re. CCWs on his campaign website. http://sheriffboblindsey.com/vision/

Old 04-10-2018, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Yet another suggestion: Lindsey's website is all in English. Would it help if it is mirrored(?) in Spanish and various Asian languages? If so, one of the leaders of the CGSSA support group for Lindsey might want to make threads (in OT? General Firearms?) asking for speakers/writers in those languages who want to have a MAJOR pro-2nd A impact in this state to volunteer to help Lindsey's campaign with that (assuming their campaign would want that).

http://sheriffboblindsey.com/volunteer/

FWIW, although I only skimmed, I did not notice anything re. CCWs on his campaign website. http://sheriffboblindsey.com/vision/
If you go to the "Donate" page on the site there is a video in which he makes his stance pretty clear.
Old 04-15-2018, 2:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm supporting this candidate and will encourage others to do so as well.
Old 04-26-2018, 8:44 PM

I scanned through this and didint see it mentioned, might have missed it, you can pick up yard signs in Long Beach, send an email through his site and they will call you back.

WTB: Stoeger Condor Competition Combo (I'll trade 1911's or other handguns)
Old 04-27-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMail View Post
I scanned through this and didint see it mentioned, might have missed it, you can pick up yard signs in Long Beach, send an email through his site and they will call you back.
Agreed. He should be more explicit about it, folding it into his message of community outreach. I did find a video on gun rights on the donate page.
Old 04-28-2018, 4:45 PM

Default Santa Clara Sheriff Race

Do we have same for northern Cal county race....... need lots of help getting Laurie Smith out.
Old 05-04-2018, 4:16 PM

So, received a usually helpful conservative voter guide for Los Angeles from Craig Huey today.

https://www.craighuey.com/la_voter_guide_/#

He seems to consider McConnell "Acceptable" over Lindsey.

I sent him an e-mail stating,
Quote:
"I don't understand why you do not endorse the only candidate who is pro-gun/pro-CCW and would stop the infringement of the right to self defense for the millions of residents of Los Angeles county today.

Could you please advise why you recommend the current sheriff Jim McConnell who continues to infringe on the 2nd amendment rights of millions of residents in our county?"
I've used his guide as a reference in the past and figure quite a few other conservatives do too. I'm hoping he just isn't too informed on Lindsey and if enough of us ask him to endorse Lindsey, he'll change his recommendation? (Unless he's a RINO who is anti-2A... but I haven't found evidence of that anywhere, especially in light of https://www.craighuey.com/2nd-amendment/)

I'm sending a message to Lindsey's team as well as to why they haven't communicated with Huey.

Does anyone else know of other voter guides that Los Angeles conservative voters might refer to that we need to get Lindsey endorsed on?
Old 05-08-2018, 8:57 PM

Default Radio

I heard Bob on the radio today, noticed a couple posts above were mentioning an ad and I think his interview today about his campaign was sort of like that.
I submitted a question online while they were live and he answered it.

He answered
"I believe in the 2A and I believe in shall issue and good cause is self defense."

If you need someone to distribute some flyers or such down in the 562 area I can drop some off at a few shops etc.

image links... not sure if it will work..
https://ibb.co/jrsNM7
https://ibb.co/c3hduS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-05-08-10-51-26.jpg (10.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-05-08-11-08-59.jpg (8.6 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Pancho22; 05-08-2018 at 9:03 PM.. Reason: added images, links etc.
Old 06-02-2018, 9:36 AM
Calguns Addict

This is the last weekend before the election, last chance to put up those yard signs in yards and elsewhere....

Old 06-04-2018, 1:09 PM
Calguns Addict

I'm noticing Bob Lindsey bumper stickers all over the place. He's very active on FB and he's getting a lot of endorsements from a wide variety of groups, too many to list. This is the first time I've seen a campaign against an incumbent sheriff where the campaign is active and energized, and more importantly, has a campaign message that's more coherent that "vote for me because I'm better than the other guy".
Old 06-13-2018, 12:22 PM

https://www.facebook.com/11252117271...8308139804682/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk