Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-16-2018, 3:09 AM

Wells Fargo announces it's "not their job to set firearm policy" and won't follow BOA or Citi.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-s-gun-policy/
Old 04-16-2018, 11:31 AM

Chase jumped on the anti-gun bandwagon this morning as well.

Wells Fargo is standing firm against all this bull, but heck, with all their problems? ... Do you really want to bank with them?
Best is to go with a good Credit Union. Many to choose from. I've been with Kinecta for over 30 years now.

President of Front Sight, Life Member
Gun Owners of America Life Member
NRA Benefactor Life Member

"When seconds count, the police will be there in a few minutes."
Old 04-16-2018, 3:26 PM

What are some pro-gun credit cards? I heard Capitol One since they support Cabelas?
Old 04-16-2018, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Source? What did they do?
Old 04-16-2018, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthor View Post
Wells Fargo announces it's "not their job to set firearm policy" and won't follow BOA or Citi.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-s-gun-policy/
Thank God Visa also is holding the line, life would be difficult without Visa.
Old 04-16-2018, 7:52 PM

Dang, Chase? There goods my Amazon rewards shopping. Guess I can fall back to Discover until they too fold.
Old 04-18-2018, 9:05 PM
Calguns Addict

BoA rep did verify the fact they will not loan to companies who manufacture AR type rifles.

I will begin the process of closing accounts tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2018, 9:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post

Wells Fargo is standing firm against all this bull, but heck, with all their problems? ... Do you really want to bank with them?
Best is to go with a good Credit Union. Many to choose from. I've been with Kinecta for over 30 years now.
Do you have a link regarding Chase bank ?
Old 04-18-2018, 9:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Do you have a link regarding Chase bank ?
AFAIK Chase has been slowly lowering their exposure to the gun industry for a few years now. Trying to bail-out during the Obama hysteria (high) and probably waiting for a low. Gun companies going bankrupt etc are just bad business investments.

They did not say anything about this on their most recent conference call last week nor did they issue a press release on the matter.

There was some fake news going around the last couple of days that made it sound like Chase was bailing out, but they have been bailed out for the most part for the last 14 months or so.

Maybe they refined their position? I'd like to see the quote please as I bank with Chase and will drop them in a heartbeat. I also bank with Wells Fargo who has also limited their exposure but basically said they expect legislative action rather than a single stance on policy across the industry.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:40 AM

t's not enough to remain neutral, the fascist liberals are waging war. The teachers union that forcibly takes money from teachers and then gives it to democrats is now also attacking your civil rights. Read this Wells Fargo article about the attack from the teachers union!

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/well...-companies-or/
Old 04-19-2018, 12:47 AM

This is the libtard, Randi Weingarten, that is head of the teachers union attacking Wells Fargo. It is also against arming teachers even though 98.4% of active shooter incidents are in gun free zones.

"When the cameras are off, Weingarten and her union fights tooth and nail to oppose almost any attempt to implement promising education reform efforts. From performance-based pay, to increasing teacher accountability, to increasing funding for charter schools, Weingarten has fought on the federal, state, and local level to weaken or outright block many reform efforts."

Last edited by Marthor; 04-19-2018 at 1:00 AM..
Old 04-19-2018, 12:52 AM

David Hogg is continueing the fascist liberal attacks by calling for a boycott of Vanguard and Blackrock.

David Hogg turns 18 this month. I read it was April this year, but it didn't say the day. So, happy birthday David, you're turning a full adult libtard now so you can't hide behind "attacking children" anymore.

https://youtu.be/BRi-UouACL8

Last edited by Marthor; 04-19-2018 at 1:06 AM..
Old 04-19-2018, 1:21 AM

Here's a link about JP Morgan Chase Bank...

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/jp.../13/id/854375/
Old 04-19-2018, 8:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootuser View Post
AFAIK Chase has been slowly lowering their exposure to the gun industry for a few years now. Trying to bail-out during the Obama hysteria (high) and probably waiting for a low. Gun companies going bankrupt etc are just bad business investments.

They did not say anything about this on their most recent conference call last week nor did they issue a press release on the matter.

There was some fake news going around the last couple of days that made it sound like Chase was bailing out, but they have been bailed out for the most part for the last 14 months or so.

Maybe they refined their position? I'd like to see the quote please as I bank with Chase and will drop them in a heartbeat. I also bank with Wells Fargo who has also limited their exposure but basically said they expect legislative action rather than a single stance on policy across the industry.
Thanx Brother R
I too bank with chase and will replace BofA with Wells Fargo and Charles Schwab.

Today is the anniversary of Americas beginning which was started by redcoat attempts to disarm colonist's !
Old 04-19-2018, 1:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthor View Post
Here's a link about JP Morgan Chase Bank...

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/jp.../13/id/854375/
Thank you for the link. Nice creatively worded article. Not quite fake news, but misleading headline for sure on the edge of lying.

Chase has been cutting down exposure to companies that are not good financial investments, and in the case of guns, a decline of some sort would be obvious toward the end of Obama's term and once it was known who our next president would be. I don't blame Chase for bailing. I don't want Chase investing my money in bad investments personally.

That said I don't see any "announcement" that they have stopped dealing with the industry as a whole on a some sort of moral grounds.
Old 04-19-2018, 5:19 PM

This is the response from B of A. Interesting note: The VP that wrote the letter is married to an MSNBC anti-gun talking head named Mike Barnicle.

A letter from Bank of America Vice Chairman, Anne Finucane
We operate in and support communities throughout the United States. Our employees and clients have been touched directly and indirectly by mass shootings from military style firearms in many of those communities.
We know there is a limited role we can play as a company to make a direct contribution to reaching a day we all want, when we no longer have to suffer a mass shooting tragedy in our country.
Firearms with military characteristics have been used in many of these recent tragedies, including at schools in Florida and Connecticut.
We have firearms industry clients who do not manufacture this type of firearm. But we are engaging the limited number of clients who do, to learn their plans to keep this type of firearm from being used in mass shootings. In those discussions, we have indicated it is our intent that we will not finance the manufacture of this type of firearm for non-law enforcement, non-military use. We want to understand what those clients are doing to end mass shootings, and what we can do to help them.
Our policy is not a perfect solution to the challenge we face in the communities where we operate and where our employees and clients live. But we feel we cannot stand idly by as these mass shootings continue to devastate the communities we serve. We feel we are taking a balanced and respectful approach to address these challenges. Other public companies are trying to do the same thing.
Some believe the sale of firearms should be restricted. We think it would not be effective or appropriate for us to attempt to restrict the purchase of firearms. That is a matter of public policy, and of the policy of merchants and others to decide what products they choose to sell.
Some merchants, including Walmart and Dick’s Sporting Goods, have stopped selling the type of firearm that has been used in recent mass shootings, and which are illegal for sale to civilians in several states where we operate.
That is their decision. We have not taken a position on that. We also understand there are many who support tougher background checks and other ways to ensure the responsible use of these firearms. Because these are not matters we can directly affect, we have not taken a position on them, either.
The individual right to bear arms is in our Constitution and has been sustained by Supreme Court decisions. Our discussions with clients to learn what they are doing to end the tragedy of mass shootings have nothing to do with that right. But there are many steps that can be taken.
The one step we are taking as a company is to work with our clients to better understand what they are doing to keep these firearms out of the hands of people who are using them in mass shootings.
What we are doing will not solve the problem. We know that. Doing so will take collective action, including public and private cooperation. Together we can make the communities we serve safer and, hopefully, help avoid future tragedies.
Regards,
Anne Finucane Vice Chairman Bank of America
Old 04-19-2018, 6:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleKnight View Post
Together we can make the communities we serve safer and, hopefully, help avoid future tragedies.
Regards,
Anne Finucane Vice Chairman Bank of America
The above is the most full of sh*t part of the entire crap heap. Words words words words blah blah blah.

If Bank of America wanted to make communities safer, they would be investing in inner cities, making more small business loans to disenfranchised people, would not be taking a lead on foreclosing on people constantly and so on. There is nothing like economic prosperity to lower the crime rate, regardless of race, color or creed. THAT will have an effect on the future but BofA doesn't really want to make communities safer, they in fact need the violence and poor people so they can charge them exorbitant fees (for example) to keep their bottom line intact. Good for their business, but to think they are responsible corporate citizen is a joke.
Old 04-19-2018, 7:16 PM

when the disfranchised lose all hope and see no reasonable recourse to provide for their families and themselves because greed has become the manta of corporations like B of A they will strike out due to desperation and frustration. Companies like B of A will excuse themselves by writing a piece like you are reading in this thread and wrap themselves in the American flag rather than be branded for what they are. But you have bribery in Washington on a massive scale, and in each state legislature to a lesser degree with california and New York leading the pack in my personal opinion. when there is no reasonable chance of changing a corrupt leadership that has a strangle hold on voting then the minority and disfranchised have to revolt in any way they can from passive non-cooperation such as working under the table and not reporting taxable income to hiding guns for the day the government suspends all rights and takes what it wants on a mere paranoid thought. B of A is a major contributor to homeless families across America with it's policies. Why support or invest in such a company.
Old 04-20-2018, 9:09 AM

To me, the is a large difference between some company like Citi or BofA or REI or Dicks 'virtue signalling' their stuff, jumping on some bandwagon, than a company who does something as a business decision without fanfare, as I would characterize Chase and others.

I used to be the treasurer of my local WW club, which was a Sierra Club activity section. Last year we were forced to move our accounts from Wells Fargo, because they loaned money to 'fossil fuels'. It was a big hassle for me finding an 'acceptable' institution that would give us free saving/checking/ATM/charge card as a not-for-profit. There's a lot of hypocrisy is these liberal institutions, as I am absolutely sure those Sierra Club BOD folks haven't stopped driving and flying.

I'm hoping these ***-clowns who run these companies that think they need to weigh in on political aspects of life that aren't within their core business, end up losing when their firms lose business as a result of their nonpbusiness activities.

Registration is the first step towards confiscation.
Old 04-20-2018, 9:18 AM
Veteran Member

F them all for disregard to our constitution...
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 04-20-2018, 9:30 AM

You might want to add Wells Fargo to the list now that they have a billion dollars in insurance/loan fines to pay plus paying back victims who file claims. why don't these clowns get jail time for this behavior? The company pays the fine and the offender walks away scott free.
Old 04-23-2018, 7:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
I need some help here...

Anyway I'm not going to close my saving account with BoA but keeping my checking open.
Because it actually costs them more to keep it open, however I'm planning on moving my ROTH IRA, my savings and my credit cards to other companies.

Which means I'll be making BoA send the money from my direct deposit (fee free) to a savings account with some other company (which means i'll cost them work with transactions).

Does anyone know any good credit unions, or online banks, trading companies, that I can be sure are at the every minimum neutral on the 2nd Amendment?

From what I've gathered here Capital One is a possible (despite the liberal spokes person), so I'll have to research them, but are they really partners with Cabela?

I want to be sure. I've been reading up on PNC bank but that's not readily available in California. Also looking at Wescom and Altura credit union if any of you know anything about those.

Thanks in advance.
The fractional reserve banking system means that every deposit a portion of it can and will be loaned out!

Although you're motive to punish BofA is noble the tactic outlined above is a bankers delight.

A 400 course I took some decades back summed up the banking business with the phrase " Deposits,Deposits, Deposits.

The best tactic to hurt any bank is to NOT deposit anything!

On the 20th I closed a Merrill Edge account and transferred it to Schwab, yesterday I opened a new Wells Fargo checking. I expect by the end of this week BofA will be history in our our household.

As a side I really liked BofA ! their online system worked and Merril was good to deal with!

As of this post it would seem synchrony bank which handles the Sams master card is probably pro-gun considering Sams and its parent Walmart are both progun.Their political contributions go over 90% to republican candidates,while COSTCO contributes 90+ % to gun grabbing democrats!

For the record I am not suggesting a COSTCO boycott . We shop at both, although for reasons stated above I prefer to reward Sams for their progun agenda.

Last edited by ja308; 04-23-2018 at 7:41 PM..
Old 04-29-2018, 5:26 PM

Hornady bans sale of their ammo to all New York law enforcement agencies in reaction to States attempt to coerce banks into anti-gun boycott.

Good for Hornady!

https://press.hornady.com/release/20...e-of-new-york/
Old 04-30-2018, 2:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Yeah two banks with a history of mismanagement "doing the right thing". As always, when their latest and greatest offers come in the mail, the shredder is the destination.
Old 05-11-2018, 2:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCmatt View Post
This is unfortunate, I have a BOA of airline rewards card. However, it is with our favorite airline and we travel a lot and have a lot points with it, so I will just have to use to make occasional contributions to Pro 2A causes as my way of protesting it.
Upgrade you're NRA membership to the next level is a good way to get back at them.

I further suggest you write or call them and threaten closing the accounts or asking if its possible to transfer points to a company not aligned with the democrat party.

In other words make them aware you are NOT happy with the policy of blaming AR rifles when it was Obama/Runcie agenda that allowed this POS to pass a background check.
Semper Fidelis, Matt
Old 05-19-2018, 5:15 AM

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, yet.

But, I'll take a chance and say that BofA and Citibank may pay a price...

U.S. gun lobby takes aim at 'gun-hating' banks Citi, BofA

Quote:
...The attack by Gun Owners of America and the National Rifle Association (NRA) could imperil de-regulatory gains the banks had hoped to win from Republican lawmakers and regulators, many of whom are staunch defenders of the Second-Amendment right to bear arms, according to industry sources...

Gun Owners of America (GOA), a Washington-based lobby group, has asked lawmakers to add a provision to a draft law rewriting bank rules that it says would prevent "gun-hating banks" from "discriminating" against firearms makers.

The bill reforming the 2010 Dodd Frank act is set to be voted on by the House of Representatives next week...

"Citigroup and Bank of America are threatening our Second-Amendment rights. They do not realize how much more there is to lose than to gain," by their new policies, said GOA’s executive director, Erich Pratt.

The group this month wrote to its 1.5 million members urging them to petition House lawmakers to vote against the bill if the provision is not added...

The NRA is running an advertisement campaign criticizing Citi and Bank of America online, adding that Citi may be encouraging retailers to violate anti-discrimination laws...

Mike Crapo, chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, which writes banking rules and oversees Wall Street regulators, wrote to the chief executives of both lenders in April chastising them for trying to "manage social policy", according to reports.

J.W. Verret, professor of Banking Law at Scalia Law School, said the banks' gun policies appeared to be a "terrifically poor strategy" at a time when they had stood to gain from a political push to cut red tape across the financial industry - potentially reducing their access to lawmakers and regulators.

"There might be a timing challenge in getting that particular provision in this bill but it means that the number of offices that takes Citi's phone calls in the next year or two on the Hill has just been cut in half."...
Of course, that's IF Republicans support us.
Old 06-06-2018, 5:04 PM

Just told the wife her accounts with B of A will be closed. She’s moving to the credit union...
Old 06-15-2018, 2:44 AM

My deal to stop using the Costco/Citi visa card is working. Costco lets you pay with any visa so you don't have to use Citi. I just pay with my new Visa from Capital One instead.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:30 AM
Calguns Addict

It would appear BofA has decided to loan money to Remington. A company that makes the dreaded AR platform.
If BofA had publically said it had made a mistake by refusing to issue loans to Legitimate gun companies,they could be forgiven!

However it seems Senator Ted Cruz letter was the reason they secretly changed policy.
Personally I have closed a Merrill edge account and removed all but a few dollars from my checking account!

My advice to those who still have accounts with BofA is to ask them for a public policy statement on this issue.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:32 PM

has anyone looked at Golden One Credit Union to see where they stand on the issues. While they are only in california but they are federally funded.
Old 06-24-2018, 5:15 PM

It's becoming a broader issue. Just like Gunsite and Intuit/Quickbook.

Now, the media is trying to paint such actions as "letting the market decide," while firearms pundits are seeking Government protection...

Gun industry sees banks as new threat to 2nd Amendment

Quote:
...Still, the industry believes it needs stronger laws against financial retaliation in the future.

"We may have to seek legislation to make sure it can't be done and that you can't discriminate against individuals from lawful exercise of a constitutional right," said Larry Keane, senior vice president and legal counsel for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, which represents gunmakers. "Imagine if banks were to say you can't purchase books or certain books aren't acceptable. That would be problematic and I don't think anyone would stand for that kind of activity by the banking industry."
It's a 'dangerous' issue. How can we insist on "market-based solutions," then demand Government intervention?

To us, it's simple. One of the primary roles of Government is the protection of civil rights. Certainly, these financial attacks are not, strictly, "market-based." But, try explaining that the next time one insists that a baker should not be forced to make a cake for a gay wedding or...?

Enumerated vs. non-enumerated? You're likely to get the 9th Amendment thrown at you... The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Operation Choke Point? Is the public really interested in another Government scandal; especially given that, in theory, the 'operation' was ended in August last year.