Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post
However, if even Tennessee and Texas are now considering laws to create storage requirements, not to mention Republicans being those pushing them, what might that suggest?
The simplest explanation is the same as that behind the ban on disposable grocery bags in Calif: some companies stand to profit greatly from the restrictions.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/califor...-ban-windfall/

For example, the trigger lock requirement in many states means companies that make trigger locks sell millions more trigger locks than they would were the market for trigger locks truly free/voluntary.

Gun safe makers almost certainly lobbied Republicans and Democrats hard for these firearm storage laws.
Old 07-10-2018, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang0 View Post
The simplest explanation is the same as that behind the ban on disposable grocery bags in Calif: some companies stand to profit greatly from the restrictions.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/califor...-ban-windfall/

For example, the trigger lock requirement in many states means companies that make trigger locks sell millions more trigger locks than they would were the market for trigger locks truly free/voluntary.

Gun safe makers almost certainly lobbied Republicans and Democrats hard for these firearm storage laws.
I agree 100%
Old 07-12-2018, 9:48 PM

"They need to be talking about stiffer penalties for people that steal guns."

This... +1000

We need to secure- but if someone steals your things- it is the GD thief's fault. Not the material object or owners fault.

Someone steals a hammer, and hits someone with it- is it the owners fault?

In general- I think most gun safety laws that are floated have little or nothing to do with "safety" and much to do with the politics of making criminals out of gun owners.

Last edited by Ugly Hombre; 07-12-2018 at 9:51 PM..
Old 07-13-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Tennessee was referred to as the "patron State of shooting stuff"

However, if even Tennessee and Texas are now considering laws to create storage requirements, not to mention Republicans being those pushing them, what might that suggest?
Funny , here in TN we got what is called a " Castle Doctrine" , that includes your car . No need for a carry permit to have a loaded firearm ( either handgun or rifle ) in your car . 95% of the nice people I have met have a "glove box" gun , or the rifle rack , with rifle , in the back window of their truck .

Don't hear of many folks having a problem with this type of storage. And as a little note , most folks here don't even lock their cars when going shopping .

Wonder why ?

Bweise says "I have to say the situation was not at all helped by 22 yr old former Airsoft douches who kept touting here, "But possession is not illegal!" "

Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones , cause I got a sling shot

Fighting on the internet is like being in the special Olympics , everybody wins but your still retarded.
Old 07-13-2018, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Hombre View Post
"They need to be talking about stiffer penalties for people that steal guns."

This... +1000

We need to secure- but if someone steals your things- it is the GD thief's fault. Not the material object or owners fault.

Someone steals a hammer, and hits someone with it- is it the owners fault?

In general- I think most gun safety laws that are floated have little or nothing to do with "safety" and much to do with the politics of making criminals out of gun owners.

I agree that safety is not a real concern of most gun laws but instead the real purpose is mass disarmament of the public.
Old 07-13-2018, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Dunsel View Post
Funny , here in TN we got what is called a " Castle Doctrine" , that includes your car . No need for a carry permit to have a loaded firearm ( either handgun or rifle ) in your car . 95% of the nice people I have met have a "glove box" gun , or the rifle rack , with rifle , in the back window of their truck .

Don't hear of many folks having a problem with this type of storage. And as a little note , most folks here don't even lock their cars when going shopping .

Wonder why ?
That's the way I grew up.

Kinda makes you wonder why the politicians, particularly Republican politicians, are trying to introduce more stringent laws/penalties in relation to storage.

Is it a solution in search of a problem, a politician cultivating support from a specific group, the seeking of publicity in an attempt to look relevant, or something potentially more nefarious.
Old 07-14-2018, 1:59 AM

Quote:
That's the way I grew up.

Kinda makes you wonder why the politicians, particularly Republican politicians, are trying to introduce more stringent laws/penalties in relation to storage.

Is it a solution in search of a problem, a politician cultivating support from a specific group, the seeking of publicity in an attempt to look relevant, or something potentially more nefarious.
I will go with potentially more nefarious because there is a push toward disarmament on a world wide level. Gun laws are to make it more difficult to own and use firearms for self defense and some people including Republicans have already drink the kool aid that says firearms are to dangerous to be in society.