Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-11-2012, 1:47 PM

Default Telescoping AR stocks...need clarity

Ive always wondered why CA has such a hardon for the telescoping stocks on AR's. even when fully closed it still exceeds the 30" be 2" or so, being compliant to the CA rule. Anyone with ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE care to enlighten me and others on this issue?

Last edited by BoonieGhost; 05-11-2012 at 1:51 PM..
Old 05-11-2012, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonieGhost View Post
Ive always wondered why they have such a hardon for the telescoping stocks on AR's.
Who is "they"?
Old 05-11-2012, 1:51 PM

"they" being the state of Kommiefornia
Old 05-11-2012, 1:53 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Not as ridiculous as the 1994 Federal concern for bayonet lugs, IMO.
Old 05-11-2012, 1:54 PM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

1st, you are assuming that the state every has a rational reason for anything, this is a bad assumption.

2nd, I would guess that someone thought that 30" was the shortest for something to be that it could not be easily concealed.
Old 05-11-2012, 2:09 PM
AKA: Joe Censored

They were trying to get as broad a ban to cover as many guns as they could possibly get through the legislature and signed by the governor. It is in there because they thought they could still pass it with it in there. These same people would ban all guns and even kitchen knives if they thought that it could actually get to the governor's desk and hold up to a court challenge.

So the reason why collapsible stocks were included is because doing so bans more guns, period.
Old 05-11-2012, 2:14 PM
CGSSA Associate

My personal opinion is that it also adds felony charges to the citizens requiring prison and confiscation of firearms with a life ban of firearms. More felons = less gun owners. I also think that the reason these insane anti-gun laws are getting through is that those who don't care about it either way also don't care to be vocal whereas the hysterical sheeple are very vocal and thereby getting the attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
5 guys, hot damn thats some good eat'n.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromensch View Post
damn, i duped my own thread...first time i did a poll
Old 05-11-2012, 4:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

It would seem, that its not really about the buttstock itself. Its about the simple fact that the type of rifle they were trying to restrict (which we all know is the AR-15) is regularly seen with a collapsable buttstock. They just wanted to get rid of the AR period. The pistol grip part was to make sure the all the varients of the AR was included.
Old 05-11-2012, 4:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoForever View Post
My personal opinion is that it also adds felony charges to the citizens requiring prison and confiscation of firearms with a life ban of firearms. More felons = less legal gun owners. I also think that the reason these insane anti-gun laws are getting through is that those who don't care about it either way also don't care to be vocal whereas the hysterical sheeple are very vocal and thereby getting the attention.
fixed it for you

Jim

Old 05-11-2012, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoForever View Post
My personal opinion is that it also adds felony charges to the citizens requiring prison and confiscation of firearms with a life ban of firearms. More felons = less gun owners. I also think that the reason these insane anti-gun laws are getting through is that those who don't care about it either way also don't care to be vocal whereas the hysterical sheeple are very vocal and thereby getting the attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
It would seem, that its not really about the buttstock itself. Its about the simple fact that the type of rifle they were trying to restrict (which we all know is the AR-15) is regularly seen with a collapsable buttstock. They just wanted to get rid of the AR period. The pistol grip part was to make sure the all the varients of the AR was included.
Both of you guys have best educated guesses so far I think!
Old 05-11-2012, 4:58 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

Sounds like you are assuming that there is reason and rationality behind CA gun law. None of the firearm laws make sense if you assume they were based on judgement and reason.

Its this Brady fright fantasy that making a gun more military in appearance makes it more dangerous. Black rifles are "designed to 'spray fire' from the hip." Everyone knows that "spray fire from the hip" is the most lethal way to kill large numbers of people quickly. Especially the children.

Therefore we must outlaw all features that have a military firearm appearance. To save the children.
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
CalGuns Foundation https://www.calgunsfoundation.org