Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 09-22-2018, 5:28 PM

Default holster for springfield 1911 mc operator w/x300 light?

Can anyone recommend a good kydex holster for my Springfield 1911 mc operator and x300 light? I'd like something I can wear on my belt and as a leg holster. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2018, 7:08 PM

I can say any custom kydex holster maker will make your 1911 Government with X300 holster.

Try Vedder or Muddy river tactical, JM custom Kydex. There are so many more that are good I couldn't even begin to start.

There are lots of high end hybrids like stealthgear or black arch then low end like alien gear. All will work for OWB. I would just google search 1911 full sized X300.

All I can say is stay away from safariland, they're garbage nylon and you're way better of with kydex or leather. I also had a bad experience with their customer service.

What style do you want? Drop leg or hip? LEg strap or belt attachment only? Cant or straight? Pancake or hybrid? sweatguard or none?

WTB
Browning BLR**
Browning BAR**

Last edited by etwinam; 09-22-2018 at 7:20 PM..
Old 09-22-2018, 11:37 PM

Default kydex holster

Hey etwinam,

Thanks for the reply.

I contacted Galco a few weeks ago and they had nothing. I have an HK9mm USP also with an x300 on it and I got the holster from DSG arms. I'm somewhat happy with it. It has no adjustable Cant and the case comes all the way up to the grip. I wanna get something that I can get a better grip on. I will contact all the vendors you recommended and see what we can work out.

"All I can say is stay away from safariland, they're garbage nylon and you're way better of with kydex or leather. I also had a bad experience with their customer service." Good to know. I e-mailed them before and never received a response. I'd rather pay more and get a good quality USA made holster, with good customer support.

"What style do you want? Drop leg or hip? LEg strap or belt attachment only? Cant or straight? Pancake or hybrid? sweatguard or none?"

The features I'm most concerned with are following: I want a holster that can be thigh holstered or belt holstered, undecided on the leg strap vs belt attachment, Cant would be nice...maybe 1.5" adjustable? yea I would want a sweat guard.

Does DSG arms have a good rep? or any reputation at all? Thanks again for you're help.