Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:53 PM

Default Chabot Carbine/Pistol Question

I would assume that there would be several competitors who have bullet buttons on their carbines. During the match, do they make stages that have no magazine changes and limit the carbine shooting to ten rounds?

I was thinking of going on sunday but want to know what the stages are like so I have an idea of what to expect...would I be okay with my ten round, bullet button AR or do I have to borrow my buddies registered Colt?

Jonas Blane Talking To Bob Brown, Season 1, Episode 1 of THE UNIT
Old 04-05-2013, 8:30 AM
Calguns Addict

You will have to change mags.
Old 04-05-2013, 8:41 AM
Veteran Member

Most people go featureless.
Old 04-06-2013, 9:36 PM

Whats the round count usually?

Jonas Blane Talking To Bob Brown, Season 1, Episode 1 of THE UNIT
Old 04-11-2013, 12:04 AM

Round count is around a hundred scored but I highly recommend you bring as much as you can because you can shoot the targets as much as you want. Instead of one or two shots (which you can do anytime ) i usually take five to eight as fast as I can because this is the only time I am allowed. Running and engaging targets you lose round count and trying to finish the course behind cover is when you truly realize the 10 round mag and bullet button SUCKS BALLS. Also bring as much mags preloaded incase you can sneak in some free metal plate time .
A RAW with 30 rounders is ideal if your buddy can go with you.
Old 04-11-2013, 5:30 PM
CGN Contributor

Yes, go featureless if you can.

I have seen shooters carry several 10 round mags and have a bullet button release tool on a string.

Chabot is like a 3-gun practice. You are competing against yourself. Gamers do their thing, but many shooters purposefully play the stage more difficult - just to get more out of it.