Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-10-2010, 1:34 AM
GOEX FFF's Avatar
GOEX FFF GOEX FFF is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Under the Bill of Rights
Posts: 5,266
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default Muzzleloading suppliers in So Cal?

Hey all, as us older BP shooters may remember, gone now are the days of the good muzzleloading shops in Southern Cali, like "The House of Muzzleloading" and "Pony Express". The web isn't pulling up much as far as CA based stores these days, so does anyone know of any good shops in the So Cal area that have a healthy stock of various muzzleloading supplies? Specifically things like percussion caps and Pyrodex pistol pellets..etc... I'm trying to buy local to avoid online Hazmat shipping fees. I stopped by M.B. Retting and they didn't have much of anything.
__________________


Gun-Control: "A theory like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-10-2010, 1:18 PM
gun toting monkeyboy's Avatar
gun toting monkeyboy gun toting monkeyboy is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Diego (more or less)
Posts: 6,502
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

You might want to narrow it down a bit. "So Cal" is bigger than most eastern states. How far are you willing to drive, and where are you coming from? Many of the Turner's locations have Pyrodex and caps last time I checked. And most gun stores will have caps as well. Anyplace that sells reloading supplies will likely have pyrodex and 777, at least in their loose form. Pellets seem to be hit or miss. In San Diego, the only place that sells actual Black Powder, not a substitute, is Duncan's. They also carry No. 10 and Musket caps, in addition to the normal No. 11s.

-Mb
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplinker View Post
It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-10-2010, 1:33 PM
m1a1driver's Avatar
m1a1driver m1a1driver is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Buena Park, CA
Posts: 956
iTrader: 99 / 100%
Default

"The stockade" carries the harder to find no 10 pistol caps as well.
__________________
OIF III, OIF 08-09
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-11-2010, 12:48 AM
GOEX FFF's Avatar
GOEX FFF GOEX FFF is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Under the Bill of Rights
Posts: 5,266
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun toting monkeyboy View Post
You might want to narrow it down a bit. "So Cal" is bigger than most eastern states. How far are you willing to drive, and where are you coming from? Many of the Turner's locations have Pyrodex and caps last time I checked. And most gun stores will have caps as well. Anyplace that sells reloading supplies will likely have pyrodex and 777, at least in their loose form. Pellets seem to be hit or miss. In San Diego, the only place that sells actual Black Powder, not a substitute, is Duncan's. They also carry No. 10 and Musket caps, in addition to the normal No. 11s.

-Mb
Thanks guys. Sorry, I should have been more specific.
San Fernando Valley/Ventura area. There's a local Turners in the valley, I'll give them a shot with the Pellets.. I have loose Pyrodex P. but it's easier for my Wife to drop in a pellet than to deal with a measure.
__________________


Gun-Control: "A theory like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-11-2010, 7:37 PM
DC45's Avatar
DC45 DC45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Orange County
Posts: 376
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Walker '47 in Anaheim. Check their website or give them a call.
www.walker47.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-11-2010, 7:49 PM
Sabot Sabot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Simi Valley, PRK
Posts: 523
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOEX FFF View Post
Thanks guys. Sorry, I should have been more specific.
San Fernando Valley/Ventura area. There's a local Turners in the valley, I'll give them a shot with the Pellets.. I have loose Pyrodex P. but it's easier for my Wife to drop in a pellet than to deal with a measure.
Give them a call before you take the drive to their store, they don't do a very good job of maintaining their stock.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-11-2010, 8:36 PM
radio2's Avatar
radio2 radio2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 335
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

The Angeles shooting range store sell's Goex but I don't know about cap's. Call then and ask!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Palimino Stripe's Avatar
Palimino Stripe Palimino Stripe is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 661
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

If I recall correctly- Camarillo Shooters supply had some stuff (obviously in Camarillo). But I haven't been there in over a year so I can't quite remember. You could always call...

-Palimino
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-13-2010, 7:47 PM
RELOAD243 RELOAD243 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 43
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio2 View Post
The Angeles shooting range store sell's Goex but I don't know about cap's. Call then and ask!
# 10 & 11 as well as musket caps, range has black powder and reloading store carries some of the other powders for black powder firearms.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:35 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.