Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

View Poll Results: What caliber do you MOSTLY opt for while off duty?
.22LR/.22WMR 1 0.43%
.25 acp 0 0%
.32 acp 0 0%
.380 acp 21 9.09%
.38 spl 10 4.33%
9mm 152 65.80%
.357 6 2.60%
.357 Sig 2 0.87%
.40 14 6.06%
.45 acp 21 9.09%
10mm 3 1.30%
Other caliber not listed. 1 0.43%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2019, 9:55 PM

Glock 23 .40S&W 13+1 and second 13 mag. Daily. To and from work, and days off. Always.
My daily backpack has an additional 6 mags plus a box of 50 rounds, three other types of holsters, my X300U, and a dual mag pouch. Incase I need to change set up for some reason. But on my person is the G23 and second mag in a kydex IWB that holds both the mag and pistol. If I need to change the holster to attach my X300, Iíll go to the dual mag pouch and kydex OWB light bearing holster. The other two holsters are just there so I donít lose them, or if I stop at the range on my way home itís there for holster work.

I carry .40 bc thatís our dept issued round. We carry the Sig P226R. I use the same ammo from work in my G23 and magazines.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack_trp1911 View Post
Glock 23 .40S&W 13+1 and second 13 mag. Daily. To and from work, and days off. Always.
My daily backpack has an additional 6 mags plus a box of 50 rounds, three other types of holsters, my X300U, and a dual mag pouch. Incase I need to change set up for some reason. But on my person is the G23 and second mag in a kydex IWB that holds both the mag and pistol. If I need to change the holster to attach my X300, Iíll go to the dual mag pouch and kydex OWB light bearing holster. The other two holsters are just there so I donít lose them, or if I stop at the range on my way home itís there for holster work.

I carry .40 bc thatís our dept issued round. We carry the Sig P226R. I use the same ammo from work in my G23 and magazines.
I find it difficult to transition from a double/single pistol such as the SIG to a Glock.
Old 02-11-2019, 6:28 PM

Quote:

Thatís pretty heavy duty bro. I carry a G19 with just one mag. Itís just to get my hind quarters out of dodge, not stay and fight.
Old 02-15-2019, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsk9 View Post
I find it difficult to transition from a double/single pistol such as the SIG to a Glock.
I do practice often so I continue to master both triggers. It would nice to have one style for both but we won't be changing platforms any time soon and the Sig is to big for daily off duty carry. I have but the sucker weighs like a brick. The only issue is that first double action shot out of the Sig before it goes into single action for subsequent shots but I've over come it.
Old 02-15-2019, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonBear723 View Post
Thatís pretty heavy duty bro. I carry a G19 with just one mag. Itís just to get my hind quarters out of dodge, not stay and fight.
I know its a lot but I commute and go through some hell hole towns to get to and from work. The other reason being is I spontaneously go to the range sometime during my drive in the week so I keep my backpack which also serves as my "on the run" range back since I have eyes and ears in there as well. Im not that bad or that much of a tool
Old 02-16-2019, 8:20 AM

Quote:
I know its a lot but I commute and go through some hell hole towns to get to and from work. The other reason being is I spontaneously go to the range sometime during my drive in the week so I keep my backpack which also serves as my "on the run" range back since I have eyes and ears in there as well. Im not that bad or that much of a tool
Yea I hear you. Iíve found myself in places and thought, ďDamn I only have one mag.Ē Iíve been trying to figure out a way to carry more but I donít want to wear a backpack and I donít my stuff stolen when Iím away from my truck.