Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-20-2017, 3:49 PM

Default Thoughts on new CA gun laws?

I just read up on the new gun/ammo regulations that are going to start in 2018 and was wondering if I should invest in buying ammo now or reloading? I can still buy ammo (9mm) from locations next year but I'm not sure how cost effective it'll be?

http://www.laxrange.com/california-gun-laws/
Old 11-20-2017, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKevin View Post
I just read up on the new gun/ammo regulations that are going to start in 2018 and was wondering if I should invest in buying ammo now or reloading? I can still buy ammo (9mm) from locations next year but I'm not sure how cost effective it'll be?

Do you normally buy online? If yes, you have about 25 days before most online outlets wont ship ammo to you anymore. If you buy at Wal-Mart you may be okay depending on your particular store, they may or may not be selling ammo next year. You will still be able to buy at your local gun store at their inflated prices.

Right now ammo prices are as low as I have seen in 5 years. Depending on what you shoot you may want to look into reloading anyway, regardless of the stupid CA ammo laws.
Old 11-20-2017, 4:00 PM
FREELOADER
CGN Contributor

If you don't already have a couple thousand rounds of 9mm on hand, buy it cheap now while the prices are at a low. Start collecting primers, bullets and power.
Next year will be a mess.
Old 11-20-2017, 7:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

two words for you. We're F*****.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-20-2017, 9:31 PM

Quote:

look at prices retail vs. places like SGAmma, then come back here and tell us if you think you need to stock up.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post

Right now ammo prices are as low as I have seen in 5 years. Depending on what you shoot you may want to look into reloading anyway, regardless of the stupid CA ammo laws.
Current ammo prices are lower than I’ve ever seen and I’ve been into guns since I turned 21 and bought my first handgun in 2007...

OP, buy as much as you can now, because it’s going to suck next year paying retail store prices.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:37 PM

The sky is falling.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:50 PM

Buy as much as ammo as you can afford now.

Consider becoming an 03 FFL and get your COE so you can continue to get home deliveries through 2018.

CA legislature is made up of progressive commie ****tards. The laws they've been passing the past ~20 years have been blatant infringements.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:09 PM

My thoughts on new CA gun laws: I'm glad I'm leaving this craphole state on Jan 1.
Old 11-21-2017, 5:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebla View Post
The sky is falling.
Not really,but, the state is making it more difficult to get ammo for most people. Most people aren't going to get the COE/FFL thingie, so they'll just have to do what they can. Early preparation is always a big help.
Old 11-21-2017, 6:10 AM

Shooting sports in CA will be drastically reduced next year, IMO.

Hell, I went to the range a few weeks ago and what would typically be a busy day there wasn’t many people.
Old 11-21-2017, 6:18 AM
Calguns Addict

My thoughts on the unconstitutional, punitive laws regarding firearms and the 2nd Amendment installed by the tyrants in Sacramento....

"A man oughta do what he thinks is best..." Hondo Lane.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 11-21-2017, 6:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
My thoughts on the unconstitutional, punitive laws regarding firearms and the 2nd Amendment installed by the tyrants in Sacramento....

"A man oughta do what he thinks is best..." Hondo Lane.
QFT.

There are plenty of roads into and out of California, far from prying eyes and 'Imperial entanglements.'

Yes, I know "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" is the catchphrase, but there are alternatives.
More regimes have been brought, piecemeal, to their knees by what was once called “Irish Democracy”—the silent, dogged resistance, withdrawal, and truculence of millions of ordinary people—than by revolutionary vanguards or rioting mobs.
Old 11-21-2017, 9:03 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Excremento is emboldend to pass any uncontitutional laws they want. And they will.

With no controlling legal authority and cowardly judges there is no one to stop them. Jeff Sessions and the Robert's court will do nothing for us here. California is a federal write-off if you haven't already noticed. It's going to get very interesting when The Gav signs all those new bans here. We will all be felons in a couple more years.

Fortunately jail time is rather remote here with overcrowding and the mass felon releases, rather a fine is guaranteed along with a firearms ban. Add even more misdemeanors to the firearms ban and eventually they can disqualify much of the gun owning population here.

Once that happens good luck moving and trying to buy a gun in another state, California will have already have banned you for life in the rest of the country as well. One state's misdemeanor is another state's felony.

There is a master plan and it is very apparent to those that pay attention. Governments do not like an armed citizenry. If the Bill Of Rights were written today there would be no 2nd amendment, you can count on that. The republicans would be just as against it as the democraps.

Governments are all about power and control. Guns don't play a role in that scenerio.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:00 AM

Stock up while you have a few days left. Remember ammo must be at your house by 12-31-2017. It is the shipping season so things are busy.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17+1 View Post
Current ammo prices are lower than I’ve ever seen and I’ve been into guns since I turned 21 and bought my first handgun in 2007...

OP, buy as much as you can now, because it’s going to suck next year paying retail store prices.
Back in 2005, a 100 round box of Winchester 9mm was only $10 or $11 at Walmart.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:25 AM

Inflated ammo prices will only be as people get use to the new rules. Once retailers see their investment in ammo sitting there and priced well above out of state vendors (who have a hard time selling to us) the discounting will begin - I think just in time for Valentines Day
Old 11-21-2017, 11:51 AM

Default ammo price back in 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolonLabe2008 View Post
Back in 2005, a 100 round box of Winchester 9mm was only $10 or $11 at Walmart.
nope, it cost more than that, it was closer to $16.87 for the 100 rd box back then

WALMART never had 100 rd value packs for $10 a box
Old 11-21-2017, 12:02 PM

Thanks for all your feedback! I've only bought online once, but I did notice that prices have been lower as of late, so stocking up might be the route I'll take.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:06 PM

It is likely to be a confusing mess, with retailers and buyers alike confused as to what they can and cannot do. The only thing I do know for certain: It will cost more, and it will be more paperwork to buy ammo. Because of this, the likelihood of reduced selection is high.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:45 PM

I walked into the Outdoor Sportsman in Stockton, I've done business with them countless times and they are helpful and courteous and I think they have great ammo and gun prices, our discussion was on the ammo laws, they told me that if I see something online whether a particular type of ammo or a nice sale on ammo, let them know and they will order it for me and will keep their end of it down. All I can do is take their word for it, we really don't have much choice.
Old 11-21-2017, 2:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Excremento is emboldend to pass any uncontitutional laws they want. And they will.
thank all of our democratic neighbors for giving the state just what they wanted passing Prop 63. We a more than doomed than we realize today.

Quote:
With no controlling legal authority and cowardly judges there is no one to stop them. Jeff Sessions and the Robert's court will do nothing for us here. California is a federal write-off if you haven't already noticed. It's going to get very interesting when The Gav signs all those new bans here. We will all be felons in a couple more years.
The FEDS aren't going to do squat for us. SCOTUS is afraid to hear a 2A case. Heller and McDonald are not being used for the path they set us upon. Courts are afraid to do what it's supposed to do.

California's mantra today is "resist" crap. They do not care about the rule of law they only care for the laws they want.

Quote:
Fortunately jail time is rather remote here with overcrowding and the mass felon releases, rather a fine is guaranteed along with a firearms ban. Add even more misdemeanors to the firearms ban and eventually they can disqualify much of the gun owning population here.
IMO the jails are being emptied to increase crime and assaults so that the public will scream for more government control. Add that the FEDS told this state the jails are too crowded. Props 47 and 57 are designed to do just that. We can thank the sheep of this state for passing this disaster upon those of us who respect the rule of law.

Quote:
Once that happens good luck moving and trying to buy a gun in another state, California will have already have banned you for life in the rest of the country as well. One state's misdemeanor is another state's felony.
With the bar to a ban on gun ownership here appearing to get lower and lower you're probably right. Moving out of this state to gain firearms freedom may be a moot point. We're not at that point yet. It's coming though.

Quote:
There is a master plan and it is very apparent to those that pay attention. Governments do not like an armed citizenry. If the Bill Of Rights were written today there would be no 2nd amendment, you can count on that. The republicans would be just as against it as the democraps.

Governments are all about power and control. Guns don't play a role in that scenario.
agreed. This state is on track for that. California is going to be the first state to go as far as they can in regards to 2A and how much restriction they will get away with. Barring any injunction or court case somewhere we are doomed by 2020 when Newsom will sign every single crazy a&& legislation to cross his desk. Nothing we do will stop him. We could literally fill his office with real letters in opposition and he will still sign it.

We are truly doomed here in regards to 2A and I will reemphasize that Prop 63 gave Krapamento the green light to do what ever they want.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-21-2017, 3:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
California's mantra today is "resist" crap.
This is why this is frustrating. Those that distrust the government and a violent, oppressive police force should be our allies.

But no. Everyone insists on making this partisan at every turn. That is why CA is lost.

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 11-21-2017, 4:06 PM

I also recommend caliber consolidating. It'll be too expensive and difficult to stock up on thousands of rounds of various calibers.
Old 11-21-2017, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootstrap View Post
Consider becoming an 03 FFL and get your COE so you can continue to get home deliveries through 2018.
Does the 03FFL + COE exemption from the law end after 2018? Or are you assuming that we'll get screwed with more legislation that will remove that exemption?
Old 11-21-2017, 5:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Yes to both

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 11-21-2017, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaunga View Post
Does the 03FFL + COE exemption from the law end after 2018? Or are you assuming that we'll get screwed with more legislation that will remove that exemption?
I believe that starting 1/1/19 one must have a CA assigned ammo vendor license to be able to receive deliveries to your door.

This sure is a ****load of permisson hoops to jump through to exercise an enumerated Constitutional right.

If registering an "assault weapon", consider attaching a note with the photo stating "submitting under duress and coercion as California's laws defining "assault weapons" are more restrictive than the purview of the Federal National Firearms Act. CA's "assault weapon" registration process has caused undue burden . V.C. {FirstName LastName}
Old 11-21-2017, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega View Post
nope, it cost more than that, it was closer to $16.87 for the 100 rd box back then

WALMART never had 100 rd value packs for $10 a box
A local range has Federal GMM .308 for $50 a box; I got a box of the same ammo for $17 a box at Turners the day before.
Old 11-22-2017, 1:51 AM

Lawsuits, lawsuits and more lawsuits, We have won a few
Old 11-22-2017, 9:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark49 View Post
Lawsuits, lawsuits and more lawsuits, We have won a few
After how many years and how much cost? By then several more laws are passed and the back-up to the courts assures those unconstitutional laws will have a long life here even if overturned some day.

They strip gun rights here on the installment plan, one law is overturned and three more take it's place guaranteeing that your freedom will be lost for several more years. Once gun rights are restored, if at all, new laws take that away and we get to suffer even more years of oppression awaiting court relief that may never come.

Excremento knows and plays this game like a chess champion. They have a stack of gun laws waiting to be taken up and a 9th circus to back them up. We have a few lawyers and no controlling legal federal authority.
Old 11-22-2017, 6:07 PM

Stock up what you can't or won't reload now. For me, that's rimfire ammo. When you have a lifetime supply, or before 12/31/18, stop buying ammo and start stocking up on reloading components that may be restricted/banned in the future once the news media starts in with stories about "Home-based ammo manufacturers bypassing ammo control laws".