Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 12-08-2017, 2:09 PM
Veteran Member

Default Action pistol match Sat Jan 13

The No Name Pistol Club is having its monthly action pistol and three gun match at Burro Canyon this Saturday. It starts at 9 AM at the first private range/bay on the right as you enter the range, across the road from the office. You do not need to check in at the office - the club handles that for you. The cost is $35 that includes range fees and targets.

With the rain, we should be able to shoot our steel plate rack and poppers.

It is a safe but fun event. No big egos are there and it is a chance to try out an action match and see if it is something you want to get into. Older kids and women (of course) are welcome too. I started my son there at 14 and he loved it. Unless a bunch of Calgunners show up, there will probably only be 6-10 shooters so everyone is welcome - newbies as well. The club used to be the Lockheed pistol club, so it has been around a long time but we need new shooters to keep it going.

Contact Allen at alrich77@hotmail.com or Gordon at gordomel@hotmail.com with any questions, etc.

Last edited by Calif Hunter; 01-10-2018 at 12:18 PM..
Old 12-08-2017, 8:41 PM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code ยง 798

Dang, that sounds like fun. Nothing like seeing a garand in a 2-gun/3-gun match

Wish I was local.

-------
Old 01-09-2018, 10:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Sounds like enough fun to do more than once a year...

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 01-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

The WWII match was last month in honor of Pearl Harbor Day. This month is a "regular" pistol and 3 gun match, but we should be able to shoot steel after all the rain. We shoot the second Saturday of every month, starting at 9 AM. I bring 150 rounds of pistol ammo, 20 rounds of rifle and a box of bird shot shotgun shells. (Buckshot tears up our knockdowns.)