Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 03-15-2018, 9:40 AM
KrisDSA's Avatar
KrisDSA KrisDSA is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: East Coast / West Coast
Posts: 2,482
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Just watched the video. Wasn't playing at first. Even with NS that's price it high. Refurbish Glock sell for $350.00 with NS. Picked up my refurbished G19 Gen4 with NS for $400.00
__________________
WildLeaks.com
S&W 442 with Snakeshot in the pocket
And
Glock 23 with Buffalo Bore on the hip.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-15-2018, 11:19 AM
mjmagee67's Avatar
mjmagee67 mjmagee67 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Free America, Idaho.
Posts: 2,437
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle ronin View Post
Well, talk about not reading. In the OP, he said he researched the serial # and it came back as refurbished from Glock. So in lies the confusion of the history of the firearms because you have to ask glock exactly where they came from. And as of now, nobody really answered that.
That has already been addressed, thank you for proving my point.
__________________
If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-15-2018, 11:29 AM
Rifle ronin Rifle ronin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 404
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmagee67 View Post
That has already been addressed, thank you for proving my point.
You are quite the redundant one then aren't you. You prove your own point.
__________________
I dreamed of owning a (insert off roster gun here)...

Oh yeah....then the earth splits open with me on one side and the (off roster gun) on the other. A large red-glowing pit with gavin newsome, diane frankenstein and governor brown at the bottom with pitchforks.
(Non caps intended)
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-15-2018, 11:44 AM
Rifle ronin Rifle ronin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 404
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmagee67 View Post
This thread has turned into a tragic comedy. It boggles my mind how many people just don't read or comprehend. It really shows why we as a country have the problems we have.....

Let me sum it up. If you buy one you are getting a brand new G19 with night sights for a little less than a new G19 without night sights. The guns were just stored in a law enforcement armory for a few years instead of a Glock warehouse.
They are not new, but this is what you wrote.

The second bold type, You are assuming so because there really is no way to tell unless someone has documentations from glock.

Now are we done beating the dead horse?
__________________
I dreamed of owning a (insert off roster gun here)...

Oh yeah....then the earth splits open with me on one side and the (off roster gun) on the other. A large red-glowing pit with gavin newsome, diane frankenstein and governor brown at the bottom with pitchforks.
(Non caps intended)

Last edited by Rifle ronin; 03-15-2018 at 11:47 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 03-15-2018, 4:00 PM
mjmagee67's Avatar
mjmagee67 mjmagee67 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Free America, Idaho.
Posts: 2,437
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle ronin View Post
They are not new, but this is what you wrote.

The second bold type, You are assuming so because there really is no way to tell unless someone has documentations from glock.

Now are we done beating the dead horse?
They are new it is what Glock told Turners. They where unfired LE trade ins. Many departments have guns that are BNIB that are waiting to be issued. If my old department evert went to the Gen 5 they would have more than a few Gen4 that were never issued and were only handled to verify the SN. I bet you Glock did not price them as a typical refurbish either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneTurnersGuy View Post
As far as we know these were never issued and represented as such from Glock, the tag on the gun itself says it still has the limited lifetime warranty and lets be honest, it's a Glock that thing is running no matter what.

So head to your basement and kick your dead horse some more.
__________________
If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.

Last edited by mjmagee67; 03-15-2018 at 4:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 03-15-2018, 4:57 PM
Lead Waster's Avatar
Lead Waster Lead Waster is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 15,780
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

$478?

GSSF two year membership gets you a discount coupon to buy a Glock 19 for $425. I think the 2 year membership is $60 (that gets you two coupons) at worst, you buy one brand new Glock for $485, or if you buy another on the next year (you get one coupon per year, minimum membership is 2 years to get the coupons) then it drops the price to $455 each.
__________________
==================




Remember to dial 1 before 911.

Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

There. Are. Four. Lights!
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 03-15-2018, 5:02 PM
Rifle ronin Rifle ronin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 404
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmagee67 View Post
They are new it is what Glock told Turners. They where unfired LE trade ins. Many departments have guns that are BNIB that are waiting to be issued. If my old department evert went to the Gen 5 they would have more than a few Gen4 that were never issued and were only handled to verify the SN. I bet you Glock did not price them as a typical refurbish either.




So head to your basement and kick your dead horse some more.
The horse is on your porch and it ain't dead yet.

Please move towards the right on the chart.

Did you watch the video? The first thing you see is a tag, ON THE TRIGGER GUARD from the Glock factory, STATING IT IS FACTORY RECONDITIONED.

To help you out from not using the term new, here are some samples:

Not new
Used
Refurbished
Factory reconditioned
Previously owned
Unissued

Please step into the light.

GEEESH!!!!
__________________
I dreamed of owning a (insert off roster gun here)...

Oh yeah....then the earth splits open with me on one side and the (off roster gun) on the other. A large red-glowing pit with gavin newsome, diane frankenstein and governor brown at the bottom with pitchforks.
(Non caps intended)
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 03-15-2018, 8:16 PM
TJ3000's Avatar
TJ3000 TJ3000 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 75
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Thumbs up

So who else is going tomorrow to pick one up? I hope there will be some left over during my lunchtime at the Rancho location!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 03-15-2018, 8:24 PM
blasterp7 blasterp7 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 487
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
Usually means a Department purchased the firearm, but never issued it to anyone. It sat in the armory until it was time for some new equipment. So it was sold back to Glock or some other manufacturer/distributor who then sold them to Turner's.

When a Department buys new guns the old guns are often traded in or sold to whoever is selling the new equipment in order to bring the cost down of their new gear.
Yep - that is it in a nutshell!
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 03-15-2018, 10:37 PM
Fox4Delta's Avatar
Fox4Delta Fox4Delta is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 44
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I examined one of these exact pistols today in-store and they are indeed in perfect new condition with copper lube inside still. Obviously they are GEN 3’s and the night sights are confirmed from 2015. I verified the date stamp on the side of the sights with Trijicon (H315). Of course every model will be slightly different I am sure though.

New G19 GEN 3s in Turner’s with plastic sights sell for $569 so this $479 deal is a decent one with the night sights already included/installed IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 03-15-2018, 11:17 PM
unclerandy unclerandy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 757
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisDSA View Post
It's simple. Goes the Glock's have a 7 in the dust cover
What do you mean by "dust cover"? Where are you talking about finding this "7"?
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 03-16-2018, 10:55 AM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 408
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4Delta View Post
I examined one of these exact pistols today in-store and they are indeed in perfect new condition with copper lube inside still. Obviously they are GEN 3’s and the night sights are confirmed from 2015. I verified the date stamp on the side of the sights with Trijicon (H315). Of course every model will be slightly different I am sure though.

New G19 GEN 3s in Turner’s with plastic sights sell for $569 so this $479 deal is a decent one with the night sights already included/installed IMO.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 03-16-2018, 11:28 AM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 408
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Just some updates.

Saw the 19 in person and all questions I had was answered. Store Manager said they rarely have these "unissued" "new" Police trade-ins, they usually have the normal used trade-ins.

The sights from the one I saw had the same date code as Fox4Delta previously stated (H315). Trijicon verified the H3 is an internal code for Tritium and 15 was produced in 2015 and should have life to 2027. Replacing the lamps is currently $57.

Questions I asked in my OP was the fact that I was not too familiar how "Unissued" "New" Police Trade-ins and relabeled as "Refurbished" works hence questions. I also second guess Turner's because in the past I have had good but also bad experiences with them as well. However, in this case, I was satisfied what I saw and researched. I want to thank for all who chimed including Turner's who also took the time to produce the video.

As previous member have stated, with the Trijicon Tritium sights professionally installed on an unused 19 . . . $479.98 is an excellent price.

Happy Paddy's Day all.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 03-16-2018, 12:27 PM
ThatOneTurnersGuy's Avatar
ThatOneTurnersGuy ThatOneTurnersGuy is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 80
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfe187 View Post
Just some updates.

Saw the 19 in person and all questions I had was answered. Store Manager said they rarely have these "unissued" "new" Police trade-ins, they usually have the normal used trade-ins.

The sights from the one I saw had the same date code as Fox4Delta previously stated (H315). Trijicon verified the H3 is an internal code for Tritium and 15 was produced in 2015 and should have life to 2027. Replacing the lamps is currently $57.

Questions I asked in my OP was the fact that I was not too familiar how "Unissued" "New" Police Trade-ins and relabeled as "Refurbished" works hence questions. I also second guess Turner's because in the past I have had good but also bad experiences with them as well. However, in this case, I was satisfied what I saw and researched. I want to thank for all who chimed including Turner's who also took the time to produce the video.

As previous member have stated, with the Trijicon Tritium sights professionally installed on an unused 19 . . . $479.98 is an excellent price.

Happy Paddy's Day all.
Thanks for giving us another shot to provide a good experience. I'm glad you found it to your liking and happy to hear you were able to get one. They went quick!!!
__________________
Chris



Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina
Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)


22 Stores Located Throughout California
Store Location Info
Our Weekly Ad
Join our e-mail list!
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 03-16-2018, 5:20 PM
TJ3000's Avatar
TJ3000 TJ3000 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 75
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I was looking for this mysterious “7” on the dust cover but it was no where to be found. I even took the slide off to look for the “7” all I saw was the factory copper grease. Well regardless I think I got away with a good deal. Also, I can feel the disappointment in people behind me waiting as I got the last one!
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 03-16-2018, 5:57 PM
Fox4Delta's Avatar
Fox4Delta Fox4Delta is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 44
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ3000 View Post
I was looking for this mysterious “7” on the dust cover but it was no where to be found. I even took the slide off to look for the “7” all I saw was the factory copper grease. Well regardless I think I got away with a good deal. Also, I can feel the disappointment in people behind me waiting as I got the last one!
The one I examined also had no 7 anywhere to be found on the slide. Hopefully the ones we actually purchased and received will be the same. Indeed we got in on a decent deal and saved some $$$.

Arrived at the store an hour early and there was only 2 of us there for a while. Around 5 more showed up 20 minutes prior to opening and then around another 10 showed up within 15 minutes after store opening. At that rate I am sure all of the stores collectively quickly sold out on these within the first hour or so.

Actually had a guy that arrived right at store opening rush around those of us that had been waiting in line and grabbed a number ticket before the rest of us could get to the gun counter. Didn't expect someone to be that pumped to get one and was thinking afterwards Turner's should do some sort of crowd control prior to opening the doors like handing out the numbered tickets ahead of time.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 03-16-2018, 9:23 PM
TJ3000's Avatar
TJ3000 TJ3000 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 75
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4Delta View Post
The one I examined also had no 7 anywhere to be found on the slide. Hopefully the ones we actually purchased and received will be the same. Indeed we got in on a decent deal and saved some $$$.

Arrived at the store an hour early and there was only 2 of us there for a while. Around 5 more showed up 20 minutes prior to opening and then around another 10 showed up within 15 minutes after store opening. At that rate I am sure all of the stores collectively quickly sold out on these within the first hour or so.

Actually had a guy that arrived right at store opening rush around those of us that had been waiting in line and grabbed a number ticket before the rest of us could get to the gun counter. Didn't expect someone to be that pumped to get one and was thinking afterwards Turner's should do some sort of crowd control prior to opening the doors like handing out the numbered tickets ahead of time.
I agree with you about them handing out the tickets to be honest the ticket number I got was 65 when I got called. I figured ok number 65 so I would be the 65th one to receive a Glock 19 and low and behold I got the last one which was the display! Supposedly they had 300 I highly doubt they had 300 at the shop. I’ve never done one of these sales at Turner’s. I was gonna go when the s&w shield was on sale but I’m glad I didn’t due to the fact that I would’ve waited for hours and be let down
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 03-16-2018, 9:54 PM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 408
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4Delta View Post
Arrived at the store an hour early and there was only 2 of us there for a while. Around 5 more showed up 20 minutes prior to opening and then around another 10 showed up within 15 minutes after store opening. At that rate I am sure all of the stores collectively quickly sold out on these within the first hour or so.

Actually had a guy that arrived right at store opening rush around those of us that had been waiting in line and grabbed a number ticket before the rest of us could get to the gun counter. Didn't expect someone to be that pumped to get one and was thinking afterwards Turner's should do some sort of crowd control prior to opening the doors like handing out the numbered tickets ahead of time.
Our line was pretty much as you described yours. However, after opening the door, the store manager had a roll of tickets and passed it out in order. Its was fair and prevent stampedes and trample to death says the store manager (lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ3000 View Post
I agree with you about them handing out the tickets to be honest the ticket number I got was 65 when I got called. I figured ok number 65 so I would be the 65th one to receive a Glock 19 and low and behold I got the last one which was the display! Supposedly they had 300 I highly doubt they had 300 at the shop. I’ve never done one of these sales at Turner’s. I was gonna go when the s&w shield was on sale but I’m glad I didn’t due to the fact that I would’ve waited for hours and be let down
They had 300 however some stores started the sale early as it was documented earlier by another member. Although corporate put a stop to it, some store i guess makes their own decisions

Last edited by sfe187; 03-16-2018 at 9:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 03-16-2018, 9:59 PM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 408
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneTurnersGuy View Post
Thanks for giving us another shot to provide a good experience. I'm glad you found it to your liking and happy to hear you were able to get one. They went quick!!!
Thank you. We got 2 (one for home and one for our business)
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 04-04-2018, 10:28 PM
Fox4Delta's Avatar
Fox4Delta Fox4Delta is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 44
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

For those interested, this is how the purchase ended up looking. Standard Glock 19 w/ night sights. All in all not a bad buy. Pistol is definitely new and unused even though refurbished tag and nights sights are indeed from 2015 as mentioned previously.

[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 04-04-2018, 11:39 PM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 408
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

I field strip both of mine right after getting home and yes you can clearly see the copper grease and all serial number matches and barrel, recoil spring, slide all have zero sign of usage. Yes decent deal.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-05-2018, 1:11 AM
Tokbug's Avatar
Tokbug Tokbug is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: San Joaquin
Posts: 102
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

people **** their pants when they hear "police trade in".
new glocks are 569.99 where i live and with plastic sights so...
__________________
have a tokarev M20 for sale ? will travel.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-05-2018, 6:03 PM
mjmagee67's Avatar
mjmagee67 mjmagee67 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Free America, Idaho.
Posts: 2,437
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

That gun looks nice and new. I glad it worked out even though there was a group of morons that just couldn't get it....
__________________
If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-05-2018, 8:16 PM
808@515's Avatar
808@515 808@515 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NorCal East Bay
Posts: 913
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmagee67 View Post
That gun looks nice and new. I glad it worked out even though there was a group of morons that just couldn't get it....
Hey! I resemble that remark!
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-06-2018, 1:55 PM
Beendare's Avatar
Beendare Beendare is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sf bay area
Posts: 419
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Good to see Turners active on the site.

That takes a lot of guts subjecting themselves to the anonymous masses...good on you Turner guy!

"You can't keep all of the people happy all of the time"
doesn't even begin to take forum behavior into account
__________________
You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.”
― Edwin Louis Cole
------------------------
Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:31 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.