Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Burbank Rifle and Revolver Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2015, 8:52 AM

Default Sunday 12/20 - CMP Sanctioned GSM Match - Castic, CA

Sunday 12/20 - CMP Sanctioned GSM Match - Castic, CA

200-yard 35 shot CMP Course "A" match starting at 9:00am.
(A morning pointers session about 8:30 am)

As-Issued M-1 Garand
U.S, M1903/A3 Springfield
Vintage Military Rifle
U.S. M-1 Carbine
Accurized M-1 Garand
Modern Military Rifle
As-Issued M14 (M1A civilian version)

(For instance, AK, Steyr AUG's, Sig 556's, H&K 91's, standard M1A's as well as stock AR-15 and M-4 Carbine clones would compete as Modern Military Rifles.
Accurized Service Rifles (M-14/M1A and M-16/AR-15) and NRA/ISU Match Rifles are not elibible to compete. Shooters firing ineligible rifles can qualify for clinic completion certificates but will otherwise be firing for practice only.)

Stage 1. Up to 5 sighting shots and 10 shots for record slow fire, prone position. 15 minute time limit.
Stage 2. 10 shots rapid fire, prone position (from standing). One ten shot string,
Stage 3. 10 shots slow fire, standing position. 10 minute time limit.

Scores reporting to CMP
Official CMP scorecards will be used. Any center-fire high power rifles with metallic sights (CMP Rule 6 and NRA Rule 3.2) may be used to fire the match. Scores will only be reported to the CMP for the following categories.

http://www.brrc.org/match_cmp.html

Match fee is $15.00 for non-members, $7.00 for BRRC members.
Bring your own safe ammo or club M1 ammo is available. M1 Ammunition cost is about $20.00

If you're interested but unsure of anything.....
Contact Wayne, or Dennis - cmpclinic@brrc.org

Directions to range:
http://www.brrc.org/range.html

Please Note:
This is NOT a Clinic, But is open to shooters that have taken the Garand Clinic and other qualified shooters. Email for details.

Last edited by Mark1911; 12-15-2015 at 11:45 AM..
Old 12-19-2015, 8:46 AM

I gust got a Text from Mark M.
Seems that he is going to be shooting his M14/M1A in this match and is going to win?
Old 12-19-2015, 9:01 AM

I thought I had a chance. Then I heard that Lima 3/3 is going to be competing. I thought he was going to be at 29Palms this weekend....darn!
Old 12-19-2015, 11:11 AM

A good re-post from the CMP.

The discipline and practice of fundamental marksmanship is as old as firearms themselves. Over the years the rifles have changed, but the fundamentals of making a well aimed round hit exactly where it was intended have never changed.
Every course of fire in CMP competition has it's roots in basic military training. The value of basic knowledge in the discipline of fundamental marksmanship has been proven throughout our history. From the pioneers that needed to eat and protect themselves, to every armed conflict America has fought, the effective use individual arms cannot be understated. It doesn't matter how young someone was when they first shot a firearm.
It doesn't matter how many guns one has collected, or what they are worth. It doesn't matter if you are male or female. In fact young women have a unique advantage over men to excel in the discipline because they see it for what it really is. It is a discipline that has to be learned, and by learned it has to be taught by someone that can teach it effectively!

Most red-blooded American men feel like they can hold their own with the fundamental use of a rifle. It is part of our culture, but it isn't true. In fact the very lowest NRA, or military classification of Marksman ranks them in the top 1% of all that have ever used a rifle for any reason.
Rifle competition is the top 1% that are willing to take the discipline to apply fundamental concepts, based on a military standard, as close to perfection as one life span allows. I hear it all the time, "If only I had discovered this sooner in my life" Taking part in the discipline by shooting the matches changes a lifelong gun owner/enthusiast into something new.
Like a young football fan can become an All-American by playing football instead of just watching it, and wearing official jerseys. It's fundamentals of how to run, how to hold the ball, are like how to load, how to use the sling, how to use the positions.

You don't learn the fundamentals by owning guns, having them accurized, or finding the perfect load recipe. The bench is a means to eliminate the fundamentals of marksmanship, and reduce the act of shooting to the pure ability of the equipment, and not the shooter. You will never lose to a better rifle, but you will only lose to better shooters. You learn from others willing to teach, and the experience of competition. Every day at the range has a real purpose.

Get in the game, and make every shot count. We need you in the 1%.
Distinguished Rifleman #2198
NRA HP XTC High Master
NRA Life Endowment
PCGC Junior Team coach
CMP GSM Master Inst.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:19 AM

There will be Donuts

Old 12-19-2015, 4:13 PM

OK. People, I just got this picture from Mark M with his M14.
Quote:
"Bring it if you dare...... will make you my B***H!"

Old 12-19-2015, 5:33 PM

The quote above, written by Greg Ficklin, is from one of his very thoughtful posts on the CMP forum. Thanks Ralph for reposting it!
And a special thanks to Ralph for always bringing doughnuts and sharing his doughnut girl pics.
Speaking of quotes...
What I actually said was "Bring it if you care....I'll help get you started on the path".
People here's a photo of Ralph M. and his AR, offering encouragement....
Quote:
"Get in line, b----ch. I'll kick your a--!"
Or was it.....
"If you're new to the sport...we welcome you. This is your opportunity to learn and compete in fundamental rifle marksmanship. We'll be pleased to help you."

Last edited by Mark1911; 12-20-2015 at 5:33 AM..
Old 12-20-2015, 6:28 AM

There you guys go talking to yourselves again.
Old 12-20-2015, 5:42 PM

to Mr. 100IQ you seem to be looking.
so a little match update with scores to follow.
I know every one wants to know how Mark did.... well I took a picture of him after the match I think you can figure t out:

It was a good time and I hope next year some of you will come out.... all kidding aside its all for fun and we are always happy to help new people.
Just an example say you have a new leather sling and are not sure how to set it up and use it, there are members that can walk you though that sort of thing.
Old 12-20-2015, 6:02 PM

Ralphie Boy took the match fair and square this month. I for one was happy for my buddy. I hope he doesn't get too worn out crowing about his narrow win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2015, 6:35 PM

Good Shooting, Ralphie!