Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-03-2022, 8:29 AM

Default CITY OF CONCORD. CCW IN 4 WEEKS RIGHT NOW!

AS OF 07/14/2023 Concord PD applicants are reporting getting their CCWs in 4 weeks!!! Good on concord PD!!!

Hey calguns i couldn?t find a thread on the city of concord so i thought i would share my story so far. And long story short, if you live in concord. APPLY APPLY APPLY!

I?ve had the pleasure of going through this process with Sgt.Kyle Colvin who is in charge of the ccw department here in Concord and as the story goes on i?ll break down the timeline cause i?ve never heard of a process this fast and easy! So my initial process began about 2 weeks after the bruen decision. I called concord pd cause i didn?t want to apply through COCO county sheriff and only have 2 guns on my ccw and still possibly get denied cause livingston is still a tyrant. Sgt Colvin explained to me that the Concord police chief was very happy with the decision and the city of concord was going to spend $250,000+ on creating a new CCW department and online portal. (Before bruen concord was essentially a RED district. Only gave ccws in dire situations). He told me the portal will be open and ready by early november and boy he was true to his word.

So 11/08/2022 i get a call from him telling me the portal is ready and to submit my application. So i submit my application same day and in the portal you can select a time to schedule your interview, so I selected December 1st. Sgt.Colvin suggested for me to used Defensive Accuracy for the 16 hour course and they also do the Qualifications for concord pd as well! 2 birds with one stone! So that was scheduled for 11/26-11/27 and i passed with flying colors. Went in for my interview on 12/01/2022 with my quals and the interview went well. All he asked me was what do i do in my everyday life, how do i deal with stress, and what do i do when i?m angry. Thats it. He liked my answers, closed his folder told me all we need to do now is for me to collect 2 character references, get my livescan done at the station and he said once my livescan comes back i?ll get my ccw!

He also said that the livescan turnaround times have been about 1-2 weeks.

With hindsight in mind deffinetly come prepared with 3 or more character references!

NEW CCW CLASS OPTION JUST OPENED UP FOR CONCORD APPLICANTS! Follow the link or contact BigKat707 for details!

https://www.2afirearmsacademy.com/concord-ccw/

SGT.COLVIN CONTACT INFORMATION:
Email: Kyle.Colvin@CityofConcord.org
Phone: (925)671-3357
Fax: (925)691-6640

So timeline so far.

11/08/22: Application Submitted! $26.13 for application submission fee.

11/26-11/27: 16 hour CCW class and qualifications completed. $399 for defensive accuracy class in dublin.

12/01/22: interview completed

12/02/22: 3 character references submitted.

12/07/22: just received an email from Sgt.Colvin telling me to contact Cpl. Adam Hart to schedule my live scan appointment. Will provide another update when live scan is scheduled.

12/08/22: LIVE SCAN COMPLETED Cpl. Hart told me i should have results within a week. Maybe 10 days at most. $141 for the live scan service.

12/19/2022: LIVE SCAN IS STILL PENDING ON DOJ SIDE. And got off the phone with Sgt.Colvin, all LEGAL pistol modifications are allowed on your CCW. Carry optics, slide or frame modifications, lights and lasers etc. As long as the modification/ product is legal in the state of CA you can have it on your Concord CCW!

12/29/2023: LIVE SCAN APPROVED AND CCW APPLICATION APPROVED! Scheduled an appointment on 01/03/2023 to pick up my CCW License!!! Final fee of $103.60 paid to Concord PD!

01/02/2023: CCW pick up appointment postponed to next week due to Technical difficulties. God?Damn?It.

01/05/2023: NEW UPDATE: New CCW pick up appointment made for 01/10/2023. Sgt Colvin said the license machine is up and running and should be good to go.

FINAL UPDATE! 01/10/2023: CCW in hand and ready to carry! Got a physical card with my picture on it and the typical paper CA CCW. Thank you calguns! Start to finish 63 days!

So all said and done $669.73 and less than 2 months from start to finish.

Last edited by A_FEMALE_MAN; 07-14-2023 at 6:38 AM.. Reason: Timeline update!
Old 12-03-2022, 9:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_FEMALE_MAN View Post
Hey calguns i couldn’t find a thread on the city of concord so i thought i would share my story so far. And long story short, if you live in concord… APPLY APPLY APPLY!

… Sgt Colvin explained to me that the Concord police chief was very happy with the decision and the city of concord was going to spend $250,000+ on creating a new CCW department and online portal. (Before bruen concord was essentially a RED district. Only gave ccws in dire situations). He told me the portal will be open and ready by early november and boy he was true to his word.

So 11/08/2022 i get a call from him telling me the portal is ready and to submit my application. So i submit my application same day and in the portal you can select a time to schedule your interview, so I selected December 1st. ….
Portal at: https://concordpdca.permitium.com/ccw/start
Old 12-03-2022, 10:08 AM

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 12-04-2022, 8:30 AM

Thank you for posting and it sounds like you will succeed in obtaining your permit. Could you update your original post with a cost break down of all fees including permit fee, live scan, training, etc.

NRA Life Member: Benefactor
Calguns Supporter
CRPA Supporter
Second Amendment Foundation Life Member Defender Club
Old 12-04-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCA142 View Post
Thank you for posting and it sounds like you will succeed in obtaining your permit. Could you update your original post with a cost break down of all fees including permit fee, live scan, training, etc.
Yes of course i can do that.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:41 AM

I almost for got to add how easy the Concord Qualifications scores are!

The quals are a total of 50 shots at varying short distances with occasional reloads in between. Your target is a silhouette target with a very large hit box. If i had to easily describe it. Imagine an IPSC target and your hit zone is the entire target minus the head and within a 2 inch border of the edge of the target. Very very easy.

So here’s how the test went for my Glock 19

3 yards: 5 shots with 2 hands then 5 mores shots 1 handed.

7 yards: 10 shots total with 2 handed hold.

10 yards: 10 shots fired 2 handed with a reload and fire 10 more rounds.

15 yards: 5 shots fired 2 handed with a reload and fire 5 more rounds.
Old 12-04-2022, 7:31 PM

So they have you go through a 16 hour, $399 class before you know if you've been approved? That seems like some financial and time risk to those who apply as something can still be used to deny you in the interview and character references after you've gone through the class.

Nice to hear they've got a system in place. It makes more sense if they get the order of the process more in line with not over investment from the applicant.

Good luck with it.
Old 12-07-2022, 2:21 PM

New update added to description!
Old 12-07-2022, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db556762 View Post
So they have you go through a 16 hour, $399 class before you know if you've been approved? That seems like some financial and time risk to those who apply as something can still be used to deny you in the interview and character references after you've gone through the class.

Nice to hear they've got a system in place. It makes more sense if they get the order of the process more in line with not over investment from the applicant.

Good luck with it.
If you're going to have a problem with the background check, you probably know it and can decide accordingly. Maybe talk with Colvin beforehand?
Old 12-07-2022, 4:53 PM

NEW UPDATE! Concord PD called me and i’m going in tomorrow 12/08/2022 for my live scan!
Old 12-07-2022, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db556762 View Post

Good luck with it.
Considering i passed my live scan 6 months ago to get my job at an FFL i think i’m safe. Plus it’s a risk no matter where you go cause the issuing agency can deny you if they want to. COCO county sheriff David Livingston has been denying people based off of Good Moral Character. Even if they have a squeaky clean record.
Old 12-08-2022, 11:07 AM

I hope it's ok to post this in the thread, was just thinking of my future ccw. WHEN WILL I GET A DAMN INTERVIEW CALL, I sent certified right after Bruen. Sigh.

Did you all know Lafayette bofa was robbed a few days ago the wells fargo a couple weeks ago, and yesterday on pleasant hill road /withers by where that fella was shot too death, a woman stopped at the light yesterday had her window smashed and purse grabbed. Stuff doesn't even make the news.

Last edited by Casoobaru; 12-08-2022 at 11:10 AM..
Old 12-08-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casoobaru View Post
I hope it's ok to post this in the thread, was just thinking of my future ccw. WHEN WILL I GET A DAMN INTERVIEW CALL, I sent certified right after Bruen. Sigh.

Did you all know Lafayette bofa was robbed a few days ago the wells fargo a couple weeks ago, and yesterday on pleasant hill road /withers by where that fella was shot too death, a woman stopped at the light yesterday had her window smashed and purse grabbed. Stuff doesn't even make the news.
Did you apply in Concord?
Old 12-08-2022, 12:34 PM

ATTENTION Walnut Creek residents. If you have been denied a CCW by COCO sheriffs you can submit an application to WCPD. Call and ask for Lt.Slater. You must bring in proof of denial from the sheriffs office and as long as you haven't been denied for a legitimate legal reason (convicted felon, violent crime, domestic violence etc) WCPD will happily continue the process for you.

https://www.walnut-creek.org/home/sh...document/27466

Last edited by A_FEMALE_MAN; 12-12-2022 at 4:13 PM.. Reason: Judgement corrections
Old 12-08-2022, 3:10 PM

Live scan completed! Cost was $141. Estimated time of results: within a week hopefully. Potentially up to 10 days.

Cpl. Hart said he’s been usually getting results in under a week for most people!
Old 12-10-2022, 4:00 PM

Did Cpl. Hart tell you what happens after you pass the live scan ? Do you come back for a photo ?
Old 12-10-2022, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 925bear View Post
Did Cpl. Hart tell you what happens after you pass the live scan ? Do you come back for a photo ?
I asked what the next step is in the process and all he told me was Sgt. Colvin handles the rest. Cpl.Hart is just in charge of the live scan portion of the CCW process.

I’m sure Sgt. Colvin will take my photo before i get the permit. But i’m not 100%.
Old 12-11-2022, 7:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Question

Quote:
Hey calguns i couldn’t find a thread on the city of concord so i thought i would share my story so far. And long story short, if you live in concord… APPLY APPLY APPLY!

I’ve had the pleasure of going through this process with Sgt.Kyle Colvin who is in charge of the ccw department here in Concord and as the story goes on i’ll break down the timeline cause i’ve never heard of a process this fast and easy! So my initial process began on 08/01/22 about 2 weeks after the bruen decision. I called concord pd cause i didn’t want to apply through COCO county sheriff and only have 2 guns on my ccw and still possibly get denied cause livingston is still a tyrant. Sgt Colvin explained to me that the Concord police chief was very happy with the decision and the city of concord was going to spend $250,000+ on creating a new CCW department and online portal. (Before bruen concord was essentially a RED district. Only gave ccws in dire situations). He told me the portal will be open and ready by early november and boy he was true to his word.

So 11/08/2022 i get a call from him telling me the portal is ready and to submit my application….
Then explain why Concord Police Chief Bustillos waited until after we won NYSRPA to liberally issue CCWs?

He could have accepted Business Ownership risks (light red), Employment risks (yellow), Recreational Activities risks (light green), Daily Activities risks (dark green), or even mere “self defense” as sufficient Good Cause anytime he wanted to pre NYSRPA.

Why the heck didn’t he?!!!

Last edited by Paladin; 12-11-2022 at 8:08 AM..
Old 12-11-2022, 8:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Then explain why Concord Police Chief Bustillos waited until after we won NYSRPA to liberally issue CCWs?

Why the heck didn’t he?!!!
Because he would have joined the ranks of the unemployed. The Concord City Council would not have tolerated it. Bruen gave him the political cover he needed.

Most cops I know are pro-CCW. As they rise in the ranks, they have to check their personal feelings with the political landscape of their jurisdiction and their political overlords.

Colvin told me the exact same thing, and I don't doubt his sincerity. Bustillos is no Livingston, who continues to resist.

Last edited by Ron Jeremey; 12-11-2022 at 8:59 AM..
Old 12-11-2022, 9:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremey View Post
Because he would have joined the ranks of the unemployed. The Concord City Council would not have tolerated it. Bruen gave him the political cover he needed.

Most cops I know are pro-CCW. As they rise in the ranks, they have to check their personal feelings with the political landscape of their jurisdiction and their political overlords.

Colvin told me the exact same thing, and I don't doubt his sincerity. Bustillos is no Livingston, who continues to resist.
I can confirm, STG. Colvin explained to me that Mark Bustillos has always believed in Concordian’s rights to carry since he became chief in 2020. But you got to remember he’s employed by the city and the city council doesn’t respect the right to carry and the Bruen decision gave the Chief all the ammunition he needed to move forward with the CCW process!

Last edited by A_FEMALE_MAN; 12-11-2022 at 9:28 AM.. Reason: Spelling corrections :)
Old 12-11-2022, 9:27 AM

Cpl. Hart said the same thing as well! Another thing You gotta remember is that sheriffs are elected by constituents and chiefs are appointed by bureaucrats.

Last edited by A_FEMALE_MAN; 12-11-2022 at 9:34 AM..
Old 12-11-2022, 12:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I can confirm, STG. Colvin explained to me that Mark Bustillos has always believed in Concordian’s rights to carry since he became chief in 2020. But you got to remember he’s employed by the city and the city council doesn’t respect the right to carry and the Bruen decision gave the Chief all the ammunition he needed to move forward with the CCW process!
I believe that only to a certain extent.

Light Red is Business Ownership risks. Think owner of a small Mom and Pop grocery store who make regular, predictable mostly cash deposits, or a Au/Ag and coin dealer or jeweler who transports merchandise by themselves. Virtually every IA will issue for that and it’s non controversial.

Yellow is similar: Employment risks. Think a bank manage who has “all the keys,” a pharmacist who has access to all the drugs, a property manager hired by the property owner to collect rents, often cash, at all times day or night. With very little elaboration a chief could persuade any but the most hard core anti he is being prudent in issuing for Yellow GCs.

Remember just because he would issue for GCs in that category does not require them to issue to every applicant in that category.

He probably didn’t want to even bring CCWs up…. JMO

Last edited by Paladin; 12-11-2022 at 12:09 PM..
Old 12-11-2022, 2:15 PM

Well this is how i see it. I see an almost immediate response by the city of Concord and the chief to as quickly as possible, design and implement an easy to navigate online portal for normal everyday people to submit their applications, a very friendly and welcoming experience of the process through Sgt.Colvin and Cpl.Hart, and so far a very fast and efficient system that is easy to understand. And not to mention that their qualifications are some of the easiest to complete in the state.

Some might say 4.5 months (06/23/2022-11/08/2022) might have been too long for them but i say that Concord PD did the best that they did with the time they had and so far i’m very happy with the results. I’ve never made or designed a website let alone a Government CCW portal, but i imagine it doesn't happen overnight.

Another thing to remember was that they were processing paper applications very soon after Bruen but they encouraged me to wait til the online portal was up to make the process more efficient.

Long story short. Concord PD, Sgt. Colvin, Cpl. Hart and Chief Bustillos are doing it right so far.

Last edited by A_FEMALE_MAN; 12-11-2022 at 2:58 PM..
Old 12-11-2022, 3:02 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

And this sounds a lot better than under former Concord Chief Ron Ace; I dropped by his office just to talk about CCW, but he wasn't available, so I left my name and address.

A week or so later, I got a CCW rejection letter. No app submitted, no fee paid, no qualifications assessed.
Old 12-11-2022, 4:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

FWIW I agree: they’ve been great post NYSRPA. The glass is now full. I’m just pointing out that prior to NYSRPA the glass could easily have been half full instead of virtually empty.

But there’s no use in crying over spilt milk.

Last edited by Paladin; 12-11-2022 at 4:38 PM..
Old 12-11-2022, 4:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
And this sounds a lot better than under former Concord Chief Ron Ace; I dropped by his office just to talk about CCW, but he wasn't available, so I left my name and address.

A week or so later, I got a CCW rejection letter. No app submitted, no fee paid, no qualifications assessed.
Ouch!

FWIW you could have sued him for violating Salute v. Pitchess. Slam dunk case. Team Billy Jack (RIP) used to do those those cases. The IA usually settled out of court.

Last edited by Paladin; 12-11-2022 at 4:21 PM..
Old 12-11-2022, 4:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Long story short. Concord PD, Sgt. Colvin, Cpl. Hart and Chief Bustillos are doing it right so far.
You may want to make up fliers to post at local shooting ranges, gun clubs, NRA Members Council and local gun stores. Be sure to encourage non Concord CoCoCo residents to apply with the sheriff if their own chief does not issue.
Old 12-11-2022, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
You may want to make up fliers to post at local shooting ranges, gun clubs, NRA Members Council and local gun stores. Be sure to encourage non Concord CoCoCo residents to apply with the sheriff if their own chief does not issue.
Already one step ahead of you. The FFL i work at, i always encourage customers to get their CCW’s. I tell the concord residents my story so far and tell people to apply no matter where they are.
Old 12-12-2022, 2:47 PM

ATTENTION WALNUT CREEK RESIDENTS!

Paladin made a discovery that WCPD might not be issuing CCWs despite what i was told by the sheriffs office and several CCW instructors. We both called WCPD and were met by the operator who honestly sounded like she didn’t know what she was talking about or seemed annoyed by the call of asking if we can get CCWs. But after some insisting she contacted her superiors who also weren't sure what the case was and i was forwarded to a Lt.Slater. And this is what happened so far:

Just got off hold from WCPD and the operator told me that the case used to be that all CCW applications submitted would be met with a denial letter and that the application was to be submitted to the sheriffs office. But she did say that she and her superior were not sure that’s the case now and that i would be transferred to a Lt.Slater. She forwarded me to Lt.Slater’s phone and unfortunately he wasn’t there so i left a message asking him to confirm or deny if WC was issuing ccw’s. I will provide an update once i get a call back!
Old 12-12-2022, 4:06 PM

So Lt.Slater just called me and told me that they are processing CCWs but only if you first apply and get denied by the COCO county Sheriffs office. He said if you have been denied and can bring proof of denial with the county sheriff, they will process your CCW. Obviously if the denial is for example of criminal history they won’t continue with the process but if it’s been denied for something silly like good cause or good moral character WC will happily process your CCW application.
Old 12-12-2022, 4:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
So Lt.Slater just called me and told me that they are processing CCWs but only if you first apply and get denied by the COCO county Sheriffs office. He said if you have been denied and can bring proof of denial with the county sheriff, they will process your CCW. Obviously if the denial is for example of criminal history they won’t continue with the process but if it’s been denied for something silly like good cause or good moral character WC will happily process your CCW application.
I can honestly say this is the first time I’ve ever heard of a city PD requiring a denial from their sheriff before applying and I’ve been a CA CCW activist since 2003. It’s always been the opposite: sheriff requires prior denial by your chief. Doing it this way just adds to the backlog at the SO whereas if the PD processes first and issues it is one fewer application on the sheriff’s desk.

FWIW GC is gone for good: there’s no mention of it on the revised app. The question becomes in what way/s is the WC PD standard for approval less stringent than the CCCSO?

Last, IIRC, the sheriffs only “encourage” (or similar verbiage) you apply with your PD first because they are required by law to process all submitted applications, prior PD denial or not. I wonder if the law applies in the reverse: Can WC PD only “encourage” you to get a prior denial from the SO or can they require it?

Last edited by Paladin; 12-12-2022 at 4:57 PM..
Old 12-14-2022, 10:47 AM

Default Restrictions on listed guns

Quote:
I almost for got to add how easy the Concord Qualifications scores are!

The quals are a total of 50 shots at varying short distances with occasional reloads in between. Your target is a silhouette target with a very large hit box. If i had to easily describe it. Imagine an IPSC target and your hit zone is the entire target minus the head and within a 2 inch border of the edge of the target. Very very easy.

So here’s how the test went for my Glock 19

3 yards: 5 shots with 2 hands then 5 mores shots 1 handed.

7 yards: 10 shots total with 2 handed hold.

10 yards: 10 shots fired 2 handed with a reload and fire 10 more rounds.

15 yards: 5 shots fired 2 handed with a reload and fire 5 more rounds.
Does anyone know if Concord has a restriction on red dot optics like the sheriff does?
Old 12-14-2022, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve44 View Post
Does anyone know if Concord has a restriction on red dot optics like the sheriff does?
I don’t believe concord has Any restrictions on modified pistols at all. When i spoke with SGT Colvin about Off roster guns and what guns were and weren’t allowed, all he said was you can have Off roster guns as long as they were legally acquired. The only pistol they will not allow are AR pistols and similar platforms like MPX, AK pistols and so on.

If you want to Call Sgt.Colvin his PD department phone number is (925)671-3357
Old 12-14-2022, 2:47 PM

With modifications in mind, for legal reasons i wouldn’t recommend any type of trigger modification, disabling magazine disconnects, LCI’s or anything dumb like punisher skull back plates. Remember if you have to use your gun for self defense, your gun is gonna be shown on display in front of a jury of your peers and that lawyer is gonna pull every trick in the book to paint you as a vigilante maniac or negligent user. But red dots, lights, Nightsights, lasers, magazine plates should be okay.

Last edited by A_FEMALE_MAN; 12-14-2022 at 2:50 PM..
Old 12-14-2022, 2:55 PM

Thanks for the good info.
Old 12-14-2022, 3:15 PM

Quote:
With modifications in mind, for legal reasons i wouldn’t recommend any type of trigger modification, disabling magazine disconnects, LCI’s or anything dumb like punisher skull back plates. Remember if you have to use your gun for self defense, your gun is gonna be shown on display in front of a jury of your peers and that lawyer is gonna pull every trick in the book to paint you as a vigilante maniac or negligent user. But red dots, lights, Nightsights, lasers, magazine plates should be okay.
I can't think of any good reason Livingston doesn't allow optics. The high ranking Sheriff's Department person I spoke with shrugged his shoulders and reminded me that I too, work for a large public agency, that also has its confusing idiosyncrasies.
Old 12-14-2022, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremey View Post
I can't think of any good reason Livingston doesn't allow optics. The high ranking Sheriff's Department person I spoke with shrugged his shoulders and reminded me that I too, work for a large public agency, that also has its confusing idiosyncrasies.
I honestly believe Livingston knows exactly what he’s doing. He wants as little people as possible applying for a CCW as possible. His deputies are allowed to carry 1911’s, 2011’s with optics, glock MOS. Anything they want, even the Sig P320 which is ironic because he believes single action only pistols aren’t drop safe.
Old 12-17-2022, 8:39 PM

Question, I plan to apply through concord. My shield has an apex trigger installed, is that a no go? I do have the stock trigger if need be, just didn’t like it at all.
Old 12-17-2022, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaDan View Post
Question, I plan to apply through concord. My shield has an apex trigger installed, is that a no go? I do have the stock trigger if need be, just didn’t like it at all.
I don't know for sure. But on the online information it says

"The applicant shall submit any weapon to be considered for a license to the Armory Committee for a full safety inspection. The Chief of Police reserves the right to deny a license for any weapon from an unrecognized manufacturer or any weapon that has been altered from the manufacturer's specifications."

It's not as explicit as the CoCo Sheriff website, which clearly states no lights, laser, red dot, or modiciations of any kind.

Concord PD just says the chief has the right to inspect the weapon and then decide if he wants to allow it or if it has been altered too much where he'll deny it. If I had to guess, he won't say anything about a different trigger and may not even notice that it's not stock.
If you were to have to use it in a defense scenario though and it's found to have an aftermarket trigger would it be deemed against Concord PD policy and cause potential legal issues? That , I have no idea.
Old 12-18-2022, 6:48 AM
Vendor/Retailer

You pays your money and you takes your chances. If you think a PD armorer can't tell the difference between a stock trigger and an apex trigger then you're mistaken. On the other hand whether a given armorer will consider that a disqualifying modification is a complete unknown.