Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions > CGN's Best Threads (Limited Posting)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGN's Best Threads (Limited Posting) This forum is for storing and or easy accessing useful or important threads.

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 9:13 PM
SeƱor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah191 View Post
Somewhat related question:

Would it be legal to attach a tool to your thumb and use that to drop the mags?

Maybe like a ring with a protruding tool piece that faces inward on your thumb.
No question on that, it's GTG.

The gray area is when the tool is attached in any way to the gun. Some believe it's okay, others believe that it is not okay, to have the tool hanging by a lanyard from the gun.

In this case, I would personally err on the side of safety and make sure the tool is attached to me, rather than the gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 11-09-2009, 9:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
The gray area is when the tool is attached in any way to the gun. Some believe it's okay, others believe that it is not okay, to have the tool hanging by a lanyard from the gun.
The area is not very gray. If your rifle, as configured when seized, can have a magazine detached by the governments firearms expert on the stand without a piece of the rifle being removed from the rifle, it has a detachable magazine.

An inert bullet on a line attached to the stock that allows one to actuate a bullet button is a part of the rifle that allows the rifle to have a magazine detached without the use of a tool. A tool actually attached to your rifle is no longer a tool but is part of the rifle.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 11-10-2009, 9:35 AM
Veteran Member

Hypothetical situation: A friend of mine bought one of the magnets made by solar tactical, but only bought it for use outside of CA when they shoot in the Reno area of NV and will never use it in CA. Could there be an issues with constructive possession here?
Old 11-10-2009, 9:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
Hypothetical situation: A friend of mine bought one of the magnets made by solar tactical, but only bought it for use outside of CA when they shoot in the Reno area of NV and will never use it in CA. Could there be an issues with constructive possession here?
No.
NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
Statements posted here are the sole opinions of the author and not those
of CGN, CGF, CRPA, or any other institution or agency unless otherwise noted.
Old 11-10-2009, 2:16 PM

Make something idiot proof and before you know it you've got better IDIOTS.

Buy a bullet button, build a California legal OLL rifle, buy some POS to circumvent the bullet button, loose the rifle and go to jail.

Remember guys, we're talking about someone willing to pay $25 for a refrigerator magnet.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." ~ Claire Wolfe
Closed Thread