Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-12-2018, 9:13 AM

Thumbs down Humboldt "...Getting Ready to Ban Target Shooting at Popular Public Spots..."

Per this article, Humboldt County is poised to ban target shooting at most popular public shooting spots.

Thought any Calgunners living behind the redwood curtain would like to know.

Seems like overreach and punishing the majority for the irresponsible actions of the few (per usual in CA) to me.
Old 07-12-2018, 9:20 AM

need to ban all the illegal grows. They mess up the environment more than shooting
Old 07-12-2018, 12:57 PM

and they need to round up all the illegal immigrants doing all the hemping on public lands.
Old 07-12-2018, 4:18 PM
Veteran Member

My guess is these numb nuts are out of towners that don't give a sheet about where the strays go. A Sheriff that can't protect his people is worthless and dangerous.
IIRC a bullet aimed high enough will clear 20' of dirt.
"safe shooting standards"??
Who's standards?
Existing law covers stupid idiots doing stupid stuff. Doesn't cover lazy LEO tho.

Sent using a long string and 2 Dixie cups
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Old 07-13-2018, 7:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeuerFrei View Post
My guess is these numb nuts are out of towners that don't give a sheet about where the strays go. A Sheriff that can't protect his people is worthless and dangerous.
IIRC a bullet aimed high enough will clear 20' of dirt.
"safe shooting standards"??
Who's standards?
Existing law covers stupid idiots doing stupid stuff. Doesn't cover lazy LEO tho.

Actually been an influx of numb nuts in the last 25 years bringing their crime and stupidity with them.

Their is no excuse for bullets from the river bottom hitting cattle. I agree that the deputies have time to cruise by the popular shooting areas and roll up the illegals.

In spite of his lack of honesty, morals, ethics, and class, Donald was the better candidate at the time.

Only witches fear witch hunts, cast insults and dismiss real news reporting.

Yes, the FBI investigates crimes and the guilty go to jail. Thank goodness.
Old 07-13-2018, 8:34 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Question Not exactly remembering NorCal geography...

...but is Humboldt county part of the so-called state or country of Jefferson that will never come to fruition?

If I could live my life all over,
It wouldn't matter anyway,
'Cause I never could stay sober
On the Corpus Christi Bay. Robert Earl Keene

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Old 07-13-2018, 9:34 AM

It's the fault of the *******s who bring electronic trash and shoot it, leave trash, and don't use back stops.
Old 07-13-2018, 9:38 AM

I've been to some of these spots, and there are safe places and unsafe places. Down by Fernbridge there are some short berms with farms and the town of Ferndale behind them. There are other places around there where you can shoot in a safe direction and do it responsibly.

It's already illegal to be unsafe with a firearm. I wish we would enforce those existing laws without punishing all the shooters who use these areas responsibly.
Old 07-13-2018, 9:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson Prepared View Post
It isn't illegals playing make-believe commando
No, it’s illegals playing cartel members and wanna be gang members.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:04 AM

Goes to show you the actions of the few outweigh the needs of the many, same as the wants of the few trample on the rights of the many here in CA
Old 07-13-2018, 10:16 AM

So how come we don't use the same logic to shutdown all outdoor ganja grows in Humboldt? Lead and copper are both "from the earth" too; why should lead and copper farmers be treated any different?
Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B yond View Post
I've been to some of these spots, and there are safe places and unsafe places. Down by Fernbridge there are some short berms with farms and the town of Ferndale behind them. There are other places around there where you can shoot in a safe direction and do it responsibly.

It's already illegal to be unsafe with a firearm. I wish we would enforce those existing laws without punishing all the shooters who use these areas responsibly.
Exactly!
Lazy Sheriff that won't direct his badged employees to the hot spots. Ban the idiots. Jail or fines or both until the word gets out.

"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Old 07-13-2018, 11:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I can only guess it's down underneath fernbridge and on the River Bar in general down there. The guy if you go down between Ferndale south of the river there and the next town down there were always some great shooting spots but the farmer that owned that easement Road would oftentimes block it off anyway. I don't feel like there's any good safe shooting down there because most of the backstops are fairly poor and while I was generally very safe I could see how they don't want people shooting down there. I'm all for freedom but there are just too many stupid people who mess it up for the rest of us

The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”
Old 07-13-2018, 6:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
...but is Humboldt county part of the so-called state or country of Jefferson that will never come to fruition?
I think so. And yes it will never ever happen either.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
Here's the proposed State of Jefferson by County, showing the results of the 2016 Presidential election. I'll let you guess which ones are Humboldt, Mendocino, etc.

By Spartan7W - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/inde...curid=53465224

Last edited by TrappedinCalifornia; 07-13-2018 at 10:29 PM..
Old 07-14-2018, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave50 View Post
need to ban all the illegal grows. They mess up the environment more than shooting
HC has a very aggressive program to do just this. But the problem is almost overwhelming. Unlike great swaths of the Central Valley HC is comprised of mostly rugged mountainous terrain that is heavily forested. Makes just finding the illegal grows a challenge. But they do try and they do catch them.